This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate the last 5 games you bought.

#61KyonshiPosted 11/8/2012 11:42:31 PM
Halochief6 posted...
Darkness 2 - 7/10; It would get an 8 but my god is it short. Perhaps playing it in co-op will boost the rating.

Seeing how they made the sequel, i dont even dare to touch it. The first Darkness game was the only epic one and this game that totally blew my mind, i'll never forget it. I literally played it non-stop, unless i really needed to sleep. God i loved this game, i still crave for it!
#62almasbabyPosted 11/8/2012 11:47:48 PM
Halo 4 - playing now, 10/10 so far
Borderlands 2 - 5/10, don't see the appeal
Lollipop Chainsaw - 8/10, fun game that doesn't get the recognition it should
Darksiders II - 6/10, didn't enjoy the new combat system
Valkyria Chronicles - 9/10, fun strategy game with great characters
#63linkblade91Posted 11/8/2012 11:52:14 PM
linkblade91 posted...
self-snip

Looking back at what I said for a few of my titles, I should probably have been less generous with some my scores lol

Call of Duty: MW3 --> I said 8/10, a 7/10 sounds more right
Jeanne D'Arc --> I said 7.5/10, I'm thinking more like a 6.5/10
Diablo 3 --> I said Sigh/10, I think SIGH/10 would be more accurate
#64almasbabyPosted 11/8/2012 11:53:24 PM
Wow, a lot of people have played XCOM. I have the game but only played a few missions before I put it aside for other games. I look forward to playing it again when I'm more in the mood for strategy. I recently got my fill from Valkyria Chronicles.
#65linkblade91Posted 11/8/2012 11:57:19 PM
almasbaby posted...
Wow, a lot of people have played XCOM. I have the game but only played a few missions before I put it aside for other games. I look forward to playing it again when I'm more in the mood for strategy. I recently got my fill from Valkyria Chronicles.

I said it in my original post to a degree, but Valkyria Chronicles was great. If you have a PSP, I would recommend seeking out the sequel as well. Then you can be like me, and be down when you realize the series will never leave Japan anymore, if they even make more sequels after VC3.
#66RevenancedPosted 11/8/2012 11:58:28 PM
Halo 4 - 8.5/10

The game started off strong in single player and the multiplayer has made some nice additions. Spartan Ops is a welcome change and the story line that goes along with it is awesome. On the downside they removed a few things from Halo: Reach and ultimately when all is said and done it's still a Halo game with very little changing about gameplay.

Assassin's Creed 3 - 6/10

The biggest disappointment in my last 5 games purchased. The story is slow and boring. The twist that you may have heard about is a shocker at first but towards the middle of the story it becomes rather boring. Like all AC games you do similar stuff such as climb tall buildings and sync. There are a lot of collectibles that get really cluttersome and it almost feels as if you are punished by not collecting them. Lastly, there are quite a few missions and concepts that aren't explained well and can be frustrating.

Dishonored - 9/10

Sleeper hit! This game was really amazing but I wouldnt have played it unless my friends brother told me how awesome it was. The game is challenging especially if you are a minimalist, but if you like to slaughter your way through.. well, everything then you'll have tons of fun. I wish DLC was available for it sooner. The only downside it has how broken the game can be.

Borderlands 2 - 8.5/10

I love this game. The story line is fun by yourself and even funner with other people. Lots of customization with weapons and abilities. Handsome Jack is probably one of my favorite villains I've ever encounted via video games or television. The multiplayer could be a little funner and the endgame encounters seem a little rushed but overall I can see myself playing this game for quite some time.

Darksiders 2 - 7/10

I honestly expected more. Having said that it is what it is: a dungeon crawler with heaven and hell themes. The plot was convoluted and you seem like an errand boy throughout the entirety of the game. The ending wasnt as cool as I would have liked but it was often challenging and had additional content that made me feel it was worthwhile. The music is also pretty good in the series but stands out more in the second installment.
---
Currently playing: Halo 4. Assassin's Creed III, WoW Private server (Warsong 12x) - https://www.wow-one.com/
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC
#67almasbabyPosted 11/9/2012 12:01:05 AM
linkblade91 posted...
almasbaby posted...

I said it in my original post to a degree, but Valkyria Chronicles was great. If you have a PSP, I would recommend seeking out the sequel as well. Then you can be like me, and be down when you realize the series will never leave Japan anymore, if they even make more sequels after VC3.

I have a PSP but I never use it. I'm not a handheld gamer. I just bought it on a whim. Maybe someday I'll get into it. VC2 is definitely one of the games I'll get if I do.
#68hijokaidenPosted 11/9/2012 12:03:43 AM
Doom 3: BFG Edition 0/10

Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 6/10

Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2 8/10

Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 8/10

Darksiders II 6.8/10
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#69hijokaidenPosted 11/9/2012 12:08:49 AM
Revenanced posted...
Darksiders 2 - 7/10

I honestly expected more.

As I was, people on the internet kept hyping the hell out of this game pretending that it was so much different and original compared to the first game, even though it was just copycat of a boring and tedious game. The only improvement over the first game I noticed come from the music.

After two bland and "meh" games, if they release a Darksiders III I definitly won't be buying it.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#70Eagles931Posted 11/9/2012 12:12:30 AM
halo 4: 9/10
Borderlands 2: 10/10 (my GOTY)
Dead Island (8/10)
NCAA FOOTBALL 13: 8/10
Dark Souls: 10/10 best game I have played on this gen of consoles,.if you never played this game before , you haven't lived, no one game has made me feel so happy or make me rage so much
---
PS : SlootSlayer11
GT: SlootSlayer11