This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Silicon Knights ordered to destroy any software utilizing UE3

#1NinjuggalotusPosted 11/9/2012 1:15:33 AM
http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/north-carolina/ncedce/5:2007cv00275/89570/862/

Page 43
Not later than December 10, 2012, Silicon Knights shall destroy all versions of the Licensed Technology in its possession...that was created using the Licensed Technology, all versions of the Unreal Engine 3...

Silicon Knights shall cease producing or distributing Too Human, The Box/Ritualyst, The Sandman, X-Men: Destiny, and Siren in the Maelstrom, and shall recall and destroy (at the expense of Silicon Knights) all unsold copies...

Damn.
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!"
#2RE2LeonSPosted 11/9/2012 1:20:17 AM
That's a little harsh don't you think?
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#3BeautyAndABeatPosted 11/9/2012 1:27:27 AM
Who is Silicon Knights and what the **** does he do?!
#4DisturbedIconPosted 11/9/2012 1:36:18 AM
that's rough
---
Disturbing GameFAQs since 2002...
GamerTag:
Rah514/ PSN: Rah-514
#5SolisPosted 11/9/2012 3:21:16 AM
At least no worthwhile games will be impacted by this move.

Still, strange judgment things considered. I don't see how it benefits anyone to literally take the game off the market. Didn't Silicon Knights pretty much rewrite the engine themselves? And can't they just pay to license Unreal Engine 3 and keep selling the games? Then again, the games are so old (or in most cases, not even released) that they probably won't sell enough copies anyway to justify that.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#6oasisbeyondPosted 11/9/2012 3:33:24 AM
They should of made Eternal Darkness 2 on wii and they would be ok today.
#7LapanuiPosted 11/9/2012 3:34:48 AM
Never heard of them up until now. It's sad to see it stuff like this happen, but when you mess with massive companies like Epic Games who has quite a lot of power in the game industry, you're going to get s***ed on.

Solis posted...
At least no worthwhile games will be impacted by this move.

Still, strange judgment things considered. I don't see how it benefits anyone to literally take the game off the market. Didn't Silicon Knights pretty much rewrite the engine themselves? And can't they just pay to license Unreal Engine 3 and keep selling the games? Then again, the games are so old (or in most cases, not even released) that they probably won't sell enough copies anyway to justify that.

The way I see it is, it would be like you pirating a game, getting caught and then asking if you could just buy the game and all be forgotten. Companies are morons for suing each other, it makes them look bad and it generally back fires. Just look at Apple, pretty sure they were suing companies left, right and center. Then they were sued or something not long after.

Also look at Nintendo, they were sued by PETA because of Pokemon... Nintendo sued there asses lol.

To conclude, don't f*** with a multi-millionaire/billionaire company or you will get you ass handed to them.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 11/9/2012 4:15:00 AM
Darn. Odd judgement though. What's the point of destroying them?
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#9lkhlkhPosted 11/9/2012 4:20:28 AM
blade and soul?
---
Nemi 3437-4140-5298 *message me if adding*
#10yanksfan4247Posted 11/9/2012 4:27:37 AM
"unreal 3 blows, epic games isn't giving people the full engine!"

*continues to use unreal for multiple games*

Dumb ass SK. And I'm a fan of Too Human. Which means I don't get a sequel. Ugh
---