This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Assassins Creed 3 more about stealth, sword fighting, or platforming?

#1Dillon360Posted 11/9/2012 3:35:07 PM
Maybe you could put a percentage on it?

Like:

Stealth = 40%

Sword fighting = 30%

Platforming = 30%

I don't know, I'm just trying to get a good idea for how much stealth is in this game. The only AC game I played was Brotherhood. And half the time I was doing lame carriage defense missions or driving a tank that Da Vinci made. It's not at all what I expected.

I expected a Splinter Cell-ish stealth game in a big city with tons of targets to assassinate and tons of ways to go about it. But it seems Brotherhood is more about sword fights and those lame Da Vinci missions.

Am I missing something here? Assassins Creed is mostly a stealth game... right? Where you're an assassin, that, assassinates people?

Maybe I just played the worst Assassins Creed?

Anyways, I really love stealth games and I would like to know how much this game focuses on stealth. As opposed to the.... other, features...

In Assassins Creed 3, are there a bunch of missions where you're supposed to sneak up on and kill a heavily guarded target? Those are my favorite kind of stealth missions.

Thanks!
---
I sold my soul to the Devil. Three days later he demanded a refund...
#2MrluzoPosted 11/9/2012 3:47:03 PM
Hi there. Why not go on to youtube and look at some of the Lets Play videos! Thats what I did. Spoilers obviously in those. (Tip, turn the sound down/off on your speakers, and close your eyes for a few seconds every now and then and its grand, spoiler free)!

Or you could read some of the reviews that are a pound to a penny now.

I do not have the game yet, but I am a fan of the series, and unlike you, liked the Da Vinci missions. I dont think the tank and carriage missions took up half of brotherhood though!...
#3SunDevil77Posted 11/9/2012 3:48:49 PM
There are different ways you can play.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#4oasisbeyondPosted 11/9/2012 3:50:24 PM
Not much stealth at all. It's more like 70% running around 10% swordplay 5% hunting 5% assassinations.
#5Dillon360(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 4:05:56 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
Not much stealth at all. It's more like 70% running around 10% swordplay 5% hunting 5% assassinations.

Thank you good sir for properly answering the question!

Your answer scares me though.

Wasn't Assassins Creed 1 MAINLY a stealth game? It was all about stalking your targets, then quietly assassinating them. What the hell happened to Assassins Creed that they felt such a need to change the main theme/ mechanic? Being a sneaky assassin is the best part of the game. I don't understand why they would stray farther and farther from that.

I always thought that Assassins Creed was basically Hitman, but back in the older days and in a huge open city. I always thought it would be about an assassin being paid to eliminate targets. I love that simple approach... But in Brotherhood there were lots of fetch quests, races, on rail segments, sword fights, and parts where you controlled Da Vinci vehicles... It was all very... clumped together. Like they were trying to please EVERYONE.

Me no likey.
---
#6oasisbeyondPosted 11/9/2012 4:09:52 PM
I always thought that Assassins Creed was basically Hitman It was supposed to be that or what people thought it would be like. But there's not much stealth in a game where you don't really have any stealth mechanics other then blending in. In AC you kill someone and run away and hide. Good luck killing a main target while no one sees you and slowly walk away like Hitman...
#7squarex8264Posted 11/9/2012 4:11:32 PM
Dillon360 posted...
oasisbeyond posted...

Thank you good sir for properly answering the question!

Your answer scares me though.

Wasn't Assassins Creed 1 MAINLY a stealth game? It was all about stalking your targets, then quietly assassinating them. What the hell happened to Assassins Creed that they felt such a need to change the main theme/ mechanic? Being a sneaky assassin is the best part of the game. I don't understand why they would stray farther and farther from that.

I always thought that Assassins Creed was basically Hitman, but back in the older days and in a huge open city. I always thought it would be about an assassin being paid to eliminate targets. I love that simple approach... But in Brotherhood there were lots of fetch quests, races, on rail segments, sword fights, and parts where you controlled Da Vinci vehicles... It was all very... clumped together. Like they were trying to please EVERYONE.

Me no likey.

The series hasn't been about pure stealth since the first game like you mentioned... but there have been three more games since that time that evolved franchise. Assassin's Creed stopped being about pure stealth since AC2.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
#8Dillon360(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 4:21:15 PM
So if I want mainly a stealth game I should play Assassins Creed 1 or 2 and not bother with 3?
---
#9RycerXPosted 11/9/2012 4:24:17 PM
Most of the stealth is in the multiplayer, really.
#10bluehat94Posted 11/9/2012 4:27:04 PM
Dillon360 posted...
So if I want mainly a stealth game I should play Assassins Creed 1 or 2 and not bother with 3?

2 has basically no stealth either, and I would barely consider the first a stealth game.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."