This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is what has become of Rare under Microsoft.

#21Deathx113Posted 11/10/2012 9:39:07 AM
Winternova posted...
Pokenub posted...
Winternova posted...
Rare has made some great games recently...it's just the stuck-up idiot fanboys that can't allow themselves to enjoy them that think Rare isn't good anymore.

Xbox 360 Kinect Sports 11/04/10 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Calorie Challenge 04/26/11 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Season Two - Midnight Mountain Ski Pack 01/10/12 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Season Two - Challenge Pack #2 03/01/12 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Season Two - Basketball Challenge Pack 04/03/12 North America
Xbox 360 Ski Race

you wut? Sports, sports, sports, sports, sports and a racing game.. which is a sport.

Before 2010 they released Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, an average game at best, sucks compared to the originals. Viva pinata is weird and different, but i can get that type of stuff on XBLA through indie devs which tend to be more fun.

And Perfect Dark Zero, a prequel to an awesome game. Shame Zero sucks hard.

The Kinect Sports games are DAMN fun. It's YOUR problem that you're too damn stuck-up to enjoy it.

There pretty good. Fun with friends for a little while, but it doesn't last long, sadly.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#22PokenubPosted 11/10/2012 9:39:55 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
Pokenub posted...
Winternova posted...
Pokenub posted...
Winternova posted...
Rare has made some great games recently...it's just the stuck-up idiot fanboys that can't allow themselves to enjoy them that think Rare isn't good anymore.

Xbox 360 Kinect Sports 11/04/10 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Calorie Challenge 04/26/11 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Season Two - Midnight Mountain Ski Pack 01/10/12 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Season Two - Challenge Pack #2 03/01/12 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Season Two - Basketball Challenge Pack 04/03/12 North America
Xbox 360 Ski Race

you wut? Sports, sports, sports, sports, sports and a racing game.. which is a sport.

Before 2010 they released Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, an average game at best, sucks compared to the originals. Viva pinata is weird and different, but i can get that type of stuff on XBLA through indie devs which tend to be more fun.

And Perfect Dark Zero, a prequel to an awesome game. Shame Zero sucks hard.

The Kinect Sports games are DAMN fun. It's YOUR problem that you're too damn stuck-up to enjoy it.

Sorry, I am a gamer.

No, you're an elitist. There's a very big difference.

Elitist? I think not. Spazzing out in front of a tv which half the time won't recognise your location is NOT a game.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
#23VOLTBREAKERPosted 11/10/2012 9:45:26 AM
Rare's just paying their dos after 6 years of carte blanche....otherwise they would have ended up like SCE Liverpook or Zipper.

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/go/Microsoft-Games-Studios-Jobs/44366/

Rare recruitin' hard for next gen.
---
XBL: Jake3103
PSN: Esunalesca http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/16/mass2.jpg
#24RPG_ApostlePosted 11/10/2012 9:46:06 AM
Pokenub posted...
Elitist? I think not. Spazzing out in front of a tv which half the time won't recognise your location is NOT a game.

Says you. That's your definition. Meanwhile, sales say otherwise. Guess what development firms are in the business for? It's not for their health, that's for sure.

There was a time when controllers were the new way to work games. Before that, it was a keyboard.

Times change. Deal with it. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less true.
---
Dragon Age 2 is the greatest game I've ever played.-Arucard05
#25PokenubPosted 11/10/2012 9:47:36 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
Pokenub posted...

Says you. That's your definition. Meanwhile, sales say otherwise. Guess what development firms are in the business for? It's not for their health, that's for sure.

There was a time when controllers were the new way to work games. Before that, it was a keyboard.

Times change. Deal with it. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less true.

Ah now I know where the elitist comment came from. You were self projecting.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
#26DeathSoul2000Posted 11/10/2012 9:48:31 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
Pokenub posted...

sorry, but the new way to play games is with wii u tablet. if you kept up on it, you would've known this by now.
#27zyxomma100Posted 11/10/2012 9:49:16 AM
Rare has made 2 of my top 5 games this generation. I think they still have what it takes to make amazing games. Unfortunately, their Kinect titles sold more than their utterly amazing titles.
#28RPG_ApostlePosted 11/10/2012 9:50:38 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...
Pokenub posted...

sorry, but the new way to play games is with wii u tablet. if you kept up on it, you would've known this by now.

My overall point is that games aren't necessarily confined by a traditional "controller" anymore, and that they never necessarily were. Great job missing that.
---
Dragon Age 2 is the greatest game I've ever played.-Arucard05
#29FocianPosted 11/10/2012 9:50:45 AM
VOLTBREAKER posted...
Rare's just paying their dos after 6 years of carte blanche....otherwise they would have ended up like SCE Liverpook or Zipper.

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/go/Microsoft-Games-Studios-Jobs/44366/

Rare recruitin' hard for next gen.

This, really. I have loved Rare for a hell of a long time, but recently? They haven't been putting games out that I am even slightly interested in.

That being said, I would much rather a Game Company that I love survive these tough times making games that sell well but I care not about, than to risk going bust chasing former dreams of colour and creativity.

It may have been a different story if they had not released Kameo, Viva Piņata and N&B earlier this gen, those games each kicked ass!
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
Like Archery? Try Here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/962934-archery/64399091
#30zyxomma100Posted 11/10/2012 10:01:09 AM
This, really. I have loved Rare for a hell of a long time, but recently? They haven't been putting games out that I am even slightly interested in.

That being said, I would much rather a Game Company that I love survive these tough times making games that sell well but I care not about, than to risk going bust chasing former dreams of colour and creativity.

It may have been a different story if they had not released Kameo, Viva Piņata and N&B earlier this gen, those games each kicked ass!

This exactly, except he seems to like Kameo a bit more than I did.