This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is what has become of Rare under Microsoft.

#61Bob_EsrockPosted 11/10/2012 1:44:39 PM
MeCha MaRiO JR posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...
ITT: The casual hoard.

*flies away*

Orly?

Yarly.
---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?
#62Dragon NexusPosted 11/10/2012 1:45:46 PM
I think the point he was trying to make is that since Conker was third person, it would probably go over well with the masses.

I think his point was more a scathing sattire on the games industry without really intending it to be.
"Hurr, make it a shooter, den it will sellz derp!"

It's not exactly far away from what Ms was doing with the Conker remake anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI6VeJ4Tgko
Actual trailer for the game. Not misleading at all...
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#63MeCha MaRiO JR(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 1:45:56 PM
Bob_Esrock posted...
MeCha MaRiO JR posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...
ITT: The casual hoard.

*flies away*

Orly?

Yarly.

Ermahgerd. Nowai.
---
Xbox Live GT: Black Mesa Inc & Steam ID: JoeBeef
Reading isn't hard if you don't sweat comprehension.
#64Fou LuPosted 11/10/2012 1:46:30 PM
Pokenub posted...
I am that guy at the end. Cmon rare.. You were BRILLIANT on the Nintendo platforms.. why is microsoft stopping rare from being good?

No they weren't. Nintendo was getting tired of Rare's endless delays and their games were selling poorly so Nintendo sold off their shares. Stop assuming that the game you played when you were a kid was the ultimate game. They were a few hit wonder, then crashed and burned.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#65MeCha MaRiO JR(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 1:50:23 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
I think the point he was trying to make is that since Conker was third person, it would probably go over well with the masses.

I think his point was more a scathing sattire on the games industry without really intending it to be.
"Hurr, make it a shooter, den it will sellz derp!"

It's not exactly far away from what Ms was doing with the Conker remake anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI6VeJ4Tgko
Actual trailer for the game. Not misleading at all...

Forgot all about that trailer. Such a shame they had to butcher the main game.
---
#66MeCha MaRiO JR(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 1:57:46 PM
Fou Lu posted...
Pokenub posted...
I am that guy at the end. Cmon rare.. You were BRILLIANT on the Nintendo platforms.. why is microsoft stopping rare from being good?

No they weren't. Nintendo was getting tired of Rare's endless delays and their games were selling poorly so Nintendo sold off their shares. Stop assuming that the game you played when you were a kid was the ultimate game. They were a few hit wonder, then crashed and burned.

I wouldn't say a 'few hit wonder' That's just wrong.

Battletoads, Killer Instinct, four hit Donkey Kong games, Diddy Kong Racing, both Banjo titles, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conkers BFD, and of course Jet Force Gemini.

Ya. They really were a 'few hit' wonder.
---
#67WinternovaPosted 11/10/2012 2:04:11 PM
MeCha MaRiO JR posted...
I'm curious to know now that since this topic has been derailed just how many of you watched the video. So many of my favorite posters on this board are in here but they're all angry.

Is Graham from GameFAQs here yet?

I watched it. It was pathetic idiotic whining with s***ty animation and a complete lack of humor.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#68MeCha MaRiO JR(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 2:05:55 PM
Winternova posted...
MeCha MaRiO JR posted...
I'm curious to know now that since this topic has been derailed just how many of you watched the video. So many of my favorite posters on this board are in here but they're all angry.

Is Graham from GameFAQs here yet?

I watched it. It was pathetic idiotic whining with s***ty animation and a complete lack of humor.

Just a ray of Sunshine today, hey Nova? Haha.
---
#69Pinoy441Posted 11/10/2012 3:03:09 PM
Anyone saying Kinect sports is a good game has sold out and is the reason gaming is in a decline along with CoD kiddies

Anyone who denies this is in one of those two categories and therefore has no say in what is good anymore

Also, yes Rare is being wasted under Microsoft, somebody should just buy the Killer Instinct IP because that is what fans want, not these kinect rehashes
---
*grabs popcorn*
#70ZarethPosted 11/10/2012 3:04:01 PM
When Rare split after being acquired by Microsoft everything went downhill. Neither Free Radical or the current Rare are anywhere near as good as Rare back in its prime.
---
It's okay, I have no idea who I am either.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/sage_assassin20/13295475117601.gif