This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is what has become of Rare under Microsoft.

#71Deathx113Posted 11/10/2012 3:04:27 PM
Pinoy441 posted...
Anyone saying Kinect sports is a good game has sold out and is the reason gaming is in a decline along with CoD kiddies

Anyone who denies this is in one of those two categories and therefore has no say in what is good anymore

Also, yes Rare is being wasted under Microsoft, somebody should just buy the Killer Instinct IP because that is what fans want, not these kinect rehashes

Fail argument is fail.

Basically "I'm right, and if you disagree you suck."
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#72MeCha MaRiO JR(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 3:07:17 PM
Deathx113 posted...
Pinoy441 posted...
Anyone saying Kinect sports is a good game has sold out and is the reason gaming is in a decline along with CoD kiddies

Anyone who denies this is in one of those two categories and therefore has no say in what is good anymore

Also, yes Rare is being wasted under Microsoft, somebody should just buy the Killer Instinct IP because that is what fans want, not these kinect rehashes

Fail argument is fail.

Basically "I'm right, and if you disagree you suck."

That's GameFAQs in a nutshell.
---
Xbox Live GT: Black Mesa Inc & Steam ID: JoeBeef
Reading isn't hard if you don't sweat comprehension.
#73Pinoy441Posted 11/10/2012 3:11:48 PM
Did I forget the /sarcasm again?

Son of a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
---
*grabs popcorn*
#74Dragon NexusPosted 11/10/2012 7:28:56 PM
When Rare split after being acquired by Microsoft everything went downhill. Neither Free Radical or the current Rare are anywhere near as good as Rare back in its prime.

Rare split way before being acquired by MS.

People like to equate the two things together, like being bought by MS made them all jump ship, leaving the two janitors and a prostitute to make the games in their stead.
It's not the case. Developers were leaving while Nintendo owned them. Nintendo sold off the sinking ship at an inflated price. Rare made games, no-one bought them until Kinect Sports, which suddenly everyone cared about. So if you make good games and they don't sell, who's fault is that?

People were actually saying Nuts & Bolts was a bad game before release because *it was $20 cheaper than a new release*. Rare were practically giving their games away, and still people didn't buy them.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#75zyxomma100Posted 11/11/2012 1:57:03 AM
Even if Rare made a Banjo Kazooie sequel that was universally hailed as the best game in the series, by far, it wouldn't even come close to the sales numbers that Kinect Sports has seen. And anyone who thinks that a Killer Instinct sequel would go over well is delusional.

Rare hasn't changed too much in the way they make their games. Sure, their latest BK game was a creative physics puzzler instead of a platformer, but in the way it was presented, the humor, and overall feel, it was exactly like the old games. And when Rare did make a decent enough adventure platformer, it didn't sell well either, despite being one of the best games in the genre made this console generation. It's just that that's not what sells anymore.

In terms of sheer creativity across all their recent games, Rare is far and above any other developer in the past 6-7 years, and their games have been all the better for it. Sadly (for me), no one else feels this way.
#76Bat178Posted 11/11/2012 2:37:26 PM
MajinKogahazan posted...
oasisbeyond posted...
I just don't get why they don't make Conker part 2... Especially since tps games are so popular now. They can make it a platformer but also an awesome shooter "TEDDIES!"

I'd have to search for the source, but apparantly Rare wanted to make Conker 2 for a long time but were shot down by Microsoft

According to Chris Seavor, there was a Conker's Other Bad Fur Day in development, but Microsoft forced them to cancel it and then fired him.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!