This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What gaming memories will stick with you this gen?

#1Dragon NexusPosted 11/10/2012 10:57:00 AM
Something that occured to me when playing AC3 and Halo 4 recently is that not a lot of it stands out as something that I'll remember fondly in years to come.

I can think back to the first time I played FF7, having to start from scratch because mum demanded I do homework and I hadn't found a save point yet (there was one slightly north of that screen near the Sector 7 pillar, the exact point mum told me to turn it off, but I didn't learn that until the second time I got there.)
I fondly remember playing Sonic and Rocket Knight Adventures. And before that I remember the NES and Gameboy Kirby games. And watching my sister play on the Sinclair Spectrum.

I can't honestly think of too many fond memories from the previous gen, except Halo 1 looking out over the cliff on the seond level and maybe just being amazed by the graphics in ZoE and MGS2.

This gen though...I can look back on a lot of my time spent in AC2, especially Ezio and the start of the game. I seem to have a strong affinity to Alpha Protocol as well, I remember a lot of that game and I remember really enjoying it. I can add Call of duty 4 to this list as well because I'd never played anything really like it. That scene in the middle east with the American Soldier came out of no-where for me and was a real stunner.
One of my strongest memories this gen is going to come from just about any point during Xenoblade. That's a game I'm gong to treasure for a hell of a long time.

So what about you? Has anything this gen really sunk into your perminant memory? Something that's given you such an emotional link to the game that it feels a part of your own personal history?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#2PokenubPosted 11/10/2012 11:03:45 AM(edited)
Borderlands 1 (2 annoyed me with the invisible walls). Saints Row 2 as well.

Edit: And Fallout 3/NV.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
#3RPG_ApostlePosted 11/10/2012 11:04:22 AM
Oblivion.

Stepping out of the sewers and seeing the open world was.... It was something else.
---
Dragon Age 2 is the greatest game I've ever played.-Arucard05
#4darkharePosted 11/10/2012 11:10:43 AM
this gen its about the wrpgs; Fallout3, Skyrim, RedDead and then theirs awesome games like Darksouls that isnt a wrpg, but is closer to that genre then jrpg. this gen will also be the gen that i started hating shooters, i fully expect that to last the rest of my gaming career.
---
We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents.
#5HulkxxSMASHPosted 11/10/2012 11:12:27 AM
The ending of Portal 2. Amazing.
---
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold
#6RPG_ApostlePosted 11/10/2012 11:14:49 AM
darkhare posted...
this gen its about the wrpgs; Fallout3, Skyrim, RedDead and then theirs awesome games like Darksouls that isnt a wrpg, but is closer to that genre then jrpg. this gen will also be the gen that i started hating shooters, i fully expect that to last the rest of my gaming career.

RedDead
WRPG?

You officially are capable of talking out of your ass.
---
#7darkharePosted 11/10/2012 11:18:20 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
darkhare posted...

RedDead
WRPG?

it doesnt play that incredibly different from the other games i mentioned, i stand by my statement even though you disagree with it.
---
#8RPG_ApostlePosted 11/10/2012 11:19:09 AM
darkhare posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...
darkhare posted...

RedDead
WRPG?

it doesnt play that incredibly different from the other games i mentioned, i stand by my statement even though you disagree with it.

Your statement is wrong. There's nothing to disagree with.
---
#9darkharePosted 11/10/2012 11:21:00 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
darkhare posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...
darkhare posted...

RedDead
WRPG?

Your statement is wrong. There's nothing to disagree with.

we disagree that im wrong, stop being so pig-headed and deal with the fact that everyone doesnt agree with you.
---
#10oasisbeyondPosted 11/10/2012 11:26:30 AM
Strangely I would say GTA IV. I didn't look at any game play movies or anything, just the first two trailers... So when I popped the game in I was amazed how it looked. I'll never forget driving that car for the first time, then I was in the lane and saw a bum there. I wanted to beat him up like I would in the old games but I didn't cuz it felt too real lol. Then I realized the game was one giant tutorial and was pretty lousy in the end. :(

Oblivion... coming out the sewers for the first time and saying... Holy crap this is unreal.
Bioshock when you encounter your first splinter?
Fallout 3... That game just amazed me.
RdR how awesome it looked and the animations of the horses and animals... wow.
Skyrim... wow it's beautiful
Cod 2 on veteran on first play through. Heck I think I died well over 100 times, but the game has 0 loading so your right back in the action. Still the best Cod single player this gen.
Tomb Raider Trailer and E3... This is what I wanted back in 2000 after playing part 2...

So yeah, games with amazing Atmosphere really got to me this gen.