This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What gaming memories will stick with you this gen?

#21pothocketPosted 11/10/2012 11:41:42 AM
lol oh my god!! it was lies!!! did it shatter your view of the world around you? do you feel as if you cannot function in your day to day life anymore?

Nah, I already kinda new that R* wasn't a very good developer and doesn't understand game design. Their games getting progressively worse was a big clue, so it wasn't much of a shocker to see them drop the ball on RDR too.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#22BouzanePosted 11/10/2012 11:51:24 AM
Super Meat Boy - what can I say, it's my favorite game?
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - the best Metal Gear and easily my favorite handheld game
Orange Box - Portal and Episode 2 were top notch

So far these are the only current gen games that really stand, everything else just kind of blends together.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/bouzane
#23the36thchamberPosted 11/10/2012 11:54:41 AM
just the games really.thats the only gaming memories that have stuck with me.this gen is the most ive ever been into gaming so its going to have more memorable games than the past gen consoles ive had.

there are things like when i first got my 360.i had bought pgr3 and madden 06 months before launch and had been drooling over the graphics on the back of the case.i remember i just had like a 15" jvc hdtv cheapest thing i could find but it was good for what it was.anyway i was completely in awe and impressed by the graphics and i loved being able to play the music from my ipod

but this gen has produced games that i just loved stuff like vanquish,dead rising,gears 1 and 3,dead space 1 and 2,super street fighter 4,virtua fighter 5 final showdown,batman arkham city,bayonetta,pgr4,the list goes on have given me greater times than any other gen by far
---
Oh yeah Heaven or Hell.LETS ROCK!
GT-xNinjaScrollx
#24OrgeLambartPosted 11/10/2012 11:55:36 AM
RDR isn't an RPG, nuff said, jeez the things people think pass for RPG's nowadays. Next thing you know someone will try to say that COD is an RPG because you can level up in it.
#25RPG_ApostlePosted 11/10/2012 11:56:50 AM
OrgeLambart posted...
RDR isn't an RPG, nuff said, jeez the things people think pass for RPG's nowadays. Next thing you know someone will try to say that COD is an RPG because you can level up in it.

Thank you.
---
when people aren't actually breaking the rules then we prefer to let the community manage itself.
-ScarlettEve, GameFAQs Moderator
#26Robin_MaskPosted 11/10/2012 11:57:59 AM
The **** endings the Borderlands games have, even the sad excuse for making a giant number of sequels is total **** overall.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#27HELZEROPosted 11/10/2012 12:05:10 PM
First coordinated team ambush in chromehounds

First headshot in gears of war - headsplotion

Many more just too lazy to type on iphone lol
#28ReploidAXZPosted 11/10/2012 12:10:29 PM
Fallout 3 as it was my first proper experience with such a large scale game, I played it and all its expansion packs to death..... multipal times.

Dead Rising as it was (to the extent of my knowledge) the first mass zombie smashing game with great graphics, freedom, realistic yet inventive ways of getting "nasty" and it may be the first game ever to focus so much on replayabilty (and pulled it off perfectly, how many times did you play through before you where finished with it?).

Gears Of War for its graphic violence and fantastic balls to the wall fighting (all modes in 1,2 and 3 that is).

Condemed (1 mainly, 2 was ok, but not as good in my opinion) for its great "dark 'n' scary" and its intentionaly primitive yet effective fighting / finishing system.

Dead Space for its intelligent horror formula and origanal and scary enemys.

I could list this gen's "abituary" so to speak, but I won't bring the mood down.
---
R.I.P RARE.
#29CapwnDPosted 11/10/2012 12:26:44 PM(edited)
--Oblivion, stepping out of sewers
--skull hunting and achievement hunting in the Halo games, firefight achievements (like that long one), that achievement where you have to all complete the level on ghosts
--AC6 with the HOTAS stick
--Forza 4 demo... expecting to be just "meh" and turns out to be incredible.
--Red Dead hunting quests, doing that co-op with some friends
--RSV1 and 2 T-Hunts
--All the hours of COD MP that I played
--REZ HD / CoE in 5.1 sound, looks and sounding beautiful

Each of those are very important to me. To the point where it will be raining outside and I'm thinking of that time playing Red Dead with my friends when it was raiing outside that day and we're just spending hours doing the hunting challenges. Or when i think of flying, I think of how good it feels playing the arcade style AC6 with that stick, how it just feels like the top gun theme should be going through my head. All the friends I made playing COD, and where all that has taken me.

Last gen was a dud to me, this gen it all came back around. I don't fault others for not having memorable experiences, I think it's just a cycle that some are on.
---
Thrash Zone
#30ZacTBPosted 11/10/2012 12:24:32 PM
1. Mass Effect series
2. Gears of War series
3. Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. Portal series
6. GTA IV