This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What gaming memories will stick with you this gen?

#61CaIiber345Posted 11/10/2012 7:58:40 PM
-Exiting Vault 101 in Fallout 3 and thinking, "Holy ****.... What the **** do I do now?!"

-The Dunwich Building in Fallout 3. I don't scare easily, but that place freaked me out.

-Certain parts of the last few missions in Red Dead Redemption. Aside from the very end, there was one point in particular that I connected with emotionally. No game has ever had that kind of impact on me.

-Getting the Mile High achievement in CoD. And finishing several of the CoD games on Veteran difficulty. I never play games on the hardest setting. For some reason I do with CoD, and it's extremely frustrating but satisfying.

-Nine months of Left 4 Dead co-op and multiplayer. I made some good Live friends, some of whom I still chat and game with regularly.
---
"See Skyrim as have the Nords, since the gods first shaped the world." Hrothmund Wolf-Heart, "Nords of Skyrim"
#62Stubbled_PS3Posted 11/10/2012 8:11:51 PM
Elder Scrolls
Red Dead Redemption
BioShock
Mass Effect

These games are great representations of this gaming generation. These will always be remembered
---
360 GT--- Stubbled CRT1
#63Dragon Nexus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 9:23:26 PM
Jeez, don't know how I could have forgotten Bioshock. Freakin loved the story to that game.

I love stories in games. I can forgive quite a bit about a game if the story is awesome.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#64naughtydog2kO3Posted 11/10/2012 9:25:19 PM
it doesnt play that incredibly different from the other games i mentioned, i stand by my statement even though you disagree with it.

lol!
---
XBL: naughtydog2k03
PSN: naughtydog2k03
#65kingwutuguPosted 11/10/2012 9:42:51 PM
putting a quarter in to destroy buildings in rampage
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#66HolyDragonFirePosted 11/13/2012 7:35:27 PM
This gen? Not much stands out as compared to my childhood. Probably because as you get older, you tend to become more aware of a game's flaws and more critical. Still, there were some moments that I still look upon fondly today.

1) Mass Effect 1 - Simply running around the citadel while listening to this amazing music, almost felt like I was in another world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZVZrZT7Upc

2) Fallout 3 - That amazing feeling when you step out of the vault for the first time, the vast wasteland rises to greet you and you realize that you can explore all that space. Also, that sad tune that plays as you look over the wasteland... simply beautiful.

3) Assassin's Creed 2 - The beginning of AC2, when Ezio talks to his brother, accompanied by the amazing music.

4) Monster Hunter Freedom - My first 'hardcore' game, that feeling of accomplishment you get when you kill your first Yian Kut-Ku after failing 3-4 times is just exhilarating.

5) Deus Ex: Human Revolution - That music, when you first enter Sarif Industries... I felt chills up my spine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAljZX-9HMI

Now that I look at it, a lot of my memories seem to be affected by great video game music.
---
"And then it was all over. The storm seemed to lose its frenzy.
The ragged clouds gave way to the stars above."