This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name a single player game older than 2 years that you think everyone should play

#71The_Mighty_KELPPosted 11/11/2012 1:35:48 AM
Psychonauts. One of the best 3D platformers ever made, with a wacky, interesting art style, and some genuinely hilarious dialogue. Add in a lot of gameplay depth, interesting plot elements, and some awesome characters, and you have one of the best games of all time, period.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#72thefuzzyfatbunnPosted 11/11/2012 1:36:22 AM
And Star Ocean 3
#73rttnPosted 11/11/2012 1:44:22 AM
Tomba.
---
GT: rttnCRAFT
Away at the dashboard for 24 minutes
#74YamaguxhiPosted 11/11/2012 1:54:52 AM
Lost odyssey
Dues ex human revolution
Bastion
Alan Wake
---
No more Tom foolerey
#75RebornKusabiPosted 11/11/2012 2:02:39 AM
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition on the PC. It goes on "Steam-sales" regularly for less than $5 (I got it with the second one for $5 a year ago), can run on literally, no hyperbole, any computer made after 2000. It must be the PC version though- the PS2 version, Deus Ex: The Conspiracy, is streamlined in all the wrong ways (smaller areas, more and longer load screens, less content that was altogether cut from the game, such as taking individual limb damage rather than having a centralized health bar).

Best of all, there are extremely easy-to-install mods that make the game look quite presentable for the modern era and once you beat the game, there are fan mods that literally change every inch of the game's narrative and even some of its game play. It is a game I have played numerous times after getting it on that sale, and would recommend it to anyone who even says that they enjoy fun.

I would highly recommend, above this game, System Shock 2 but the minute you try to explain how to get it to run for people not used to clicking icons, their brain instinctively shuts off to save itself the effort. That doesn't sound like much effort but you would be surprised.

Me: "Okay you install the game I gave you, go to these three sites, install them all in this extremely easy-to-remember order and then just run it."

Idiots: ()_()

Me: Really? You use more effort logging into Facebook than you do installing this game!

Idiots: *goes to play Halo of Duty 7: Rednecks Wet-Dreams

Me: *joins them because why the **** not*
---
"The whole ending to MGS2 is a clusterf***. The game was good and then *POW* La Li Lu Le Lo and S.O.P.A. for about 45 minutes." -hankyhank3416
#76FoppePosted 11/11/2012 2:08:04 AM
The Saboteur.
Pandemic Studios last game is a gem.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#77WhyGeeGeePosted 11/11/2012 2:23:08 AM
Deus Ex: HR
#78blakbird13Posted 11/11/2012 2:42:25 AM(edited)
System Shock2... PC
Armed and Dangerous... PC/Xbox
Giants: Citizen Kabuto... PC/PS2
Red Dead Redemption... PC/360
Beyond Good and Evil...
---
I want a Champions of Norrath HD collection...
#79hyjinx17Posted 11/11/2012 2:38:28 AM
.Hack GU series. absolutely fantastic JRPG's and much better than the original series imo.

Also Steambot Chronicles and Makai Kingdom(still waiting for a sequel)

RPG maker 3 also. So much of my life was eaten by that game.

For 360 I would say Eternal Sonata. Great game and largely overlooked
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only arguement I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#80GrandiAExtr17Posted 11/11/2012 2:56:46 AM
PsychoD_Boy posted...
Too Human

Exactly what I came to say. Easily my favorite X360 game.
---
I dont know about you but all this guy-on-guy action is making me kinda horny- HandgunsRule
GT:FlamesofBritten