The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently it's against Live's ToS to express faith in a specific religion.

#1G2584Posted 11/11/2012 12:34:34 PM
I received a 48 hour ban for a text message I sent with a Bible verse. I called and they told me I am not allowed to express my faith with Christianity, or any religion for that matter. How is that even legal for them to censor someone's beliefs?

I'm not going to renew my service with Live once it expires next month. This is unbelievable. I'll go check out what PSN has to offer. Hopefully they don't have idiotic rules that push a ridiculous agenda.

God Bless.
---
Jesus is Lord
#2CapwnDPosted 11/11/2012 12:36:06 PM
I received a 48 hour ban for a text message I sent with a Bible verse. I called and they told me I am not allowed to express my faith with Christianity, or any religion for that matter. How is that even legal for them to censor someone's beliefs?

I'm not going to renew my service with Live once it expires next month. This is unbelievable. I'll go check out what PSN has to offer. Hopefully they don't have idiotic rules that push a ridiculous agenda.

God Bless.

What does legal have to do with anything? You are confusing what the government (in the US) is restricted from doing. When you are in a private business, using their service you agreed to their terms, and there is nothing illegal about what you describe.
---
Thrash Zone
#3CapwnDPosted 11/11/2012 12:37:47 PM(edited)
Also, I have no doubt that your story is a lie. And lying is a sin, you know. But it's not illegal.. And on gamefaqs the mods certainly don't care if you lie or troll. They do it themselves.
---
Thrash Zone
#4JenniferTatePosted 11/11/2012 12:37:05 PM
Did the recipient report you? Perhaps they felt offended.
---
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think we should worship the sun and moon as powerful gods, and fear them.
#5Frisco557Posted 11/11/2012 12:37:12 PM
Why do you think it'd be illegal for them to censor you?

They aren't the government, so the fifth amendment doesn't apply and you agreed to the ToS when you joined XBL.
---
Proud owner of an '88 Peugeot.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/frisco557/103_0809.jpg
#6pothocketPosted 11/11/2012 12:40:34 PM
Why do I have the feeling we're not getting the whole story here and TC was most likely quoting the bible for anti-gay reasons or something similar?

Post the message that got you banned or get out.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#7SunDevil77Posted 11/11/2012 12:40:58 PM
I hope you get permabanned.

People who force their religion on others is the very reason there are so many people who don't have faith.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#8Robin_MaskPosted 11/11/2012 12:42:40 PM
Didn't read the TOS? Don't know where and/or when Freedom of Speech CANNOT be used?
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#9RE2LeonSPosted 11/11/2012 12:45:11 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

People who force their religion on others is the very reason there are so many people who don't have faith.

And why the government is corrupt. Ban Religion.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#10Robin_MaskPosted 11/11/2012 12:48:01 PM
RE2LeonS posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

And why the government is corrupt. Ban Religion.

Soviet Union?
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world