This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently it's against Live's ToS to express faith in a specific religion.

#31CapwnDPosted 11/11/2012 2:16:16 PM
CaPwnD posted...
Heads up: reducing someone's life beliefs to "fairy tales" is directly insulting someone.

Exactly.

The funny thing is he's either too thick headed to know that, or he's doing it intentionally. Either way, it's a dick move.

It's funny how you are the one doing all of the insulting, yet you claim I am the douche.

*in stupid voice*

no no no... read what I said! Read my question marks and punctuation! I said no such thing! In insinuated no such thing!

I simply asked a question! I asked why people act douchy! I did under no circumstance call you a douche. That would be a violation of the TOS, and a darn mean thing for me to say!
---
Thrash Zone
#32HoundourPosted 11/11/2012 2:16:24 PM
The reason behind this I believe is because:

Religion A guy expresses what they believe in.
Religion B guy says that's wrong, and their beliefs are wrong.
Religion A guy starts to insult Religion B guy

Therefore opening the door to flaming, trolling and depression.
---
I LOVE METAL
#33Scoter81Posted 11/11/2012 2:17:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#34SkankhairPosted 11/11/2012 2:18:31 PM
CaPwnD posted...
I simply asked a question! I asked why people act douchy! I did under no circumstance call you a douche. That would be a violation of the TOS, and a darn mean thing for me to say!

You said I was acting douchy.

I insulted no one.

I meant no offense. You did mean offense. You are guilty of what you accuse me of.

I'm cool with it though.
---
If you don't believe in myths, fairy tales, ghosts, and zombie resurrections, and are 100% proud of this, put this in your sig.
#35pothocketPosted 11/11/2012 2:19:05 PM

No one said anyone's life is crap. WTF are you talking about?

Sometime I use analogies to help simple people understand complex concepts.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#36CapwnDPosted 11/11/2012 2:19:39 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I hope you get permabanned.

People who force their religion on others is the very reason there are so many people who don't have faith.

My hat is off to you for that line, sir.

Believe what you want, how you want, when you want, but DO NOT try to impose those beliefs upon me. You will be rejected 1,000 times out of 1,000 by default.

I live in Alabama, in the heart of the so-called Bible Belt. I get enough fools trying to impose their beliefs upon others as it is. I don't tolerate that **** in real ife, so I'll be damned if I'd ever deal with it while messing with videogames.

I don't know exactly what TC posted, so I can't say if he should be banned or whatever. But I will say that it is probably best to leave stuff like religion and politics and whatnot off of things like Live. People are on there to have fun playing videogames, not to be preached to or whatever else.

And people like Skankhair here are the other end of the spectrum, right down to his sig. His perpetual offense and mockery of religion is just as bad as those that would try to force it on you. It's the exact same thing. The funny thing is, these guys are so thick headed that they don't even realize it.
---
Thrash Zone
#37SkankhairPosted 11/11/2012 2:20:45 PM
Scoter81 posted...
He was merely pointing out that you are in fact, the douche.

Why are you trying to insult me? That is not very mature of you.

I did not personally insult anyone. I just said that people should not be allowed to harrass other people and then hide behind their religion.

I guess you disagree. But that doesn't make me a douche.
---
If you don't believe in myths, fairy tales, ghosts, and zombie resurrections, and are 100% proud of this, put this in your sig.
#38zerooo0Posted 11/11/2012 2:20:53 PM
CaPwnD posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
I hope you get permabanned.

People who force their religion on others is the very reason there are so many people who don't have faith.

My hat is off to you for that line, sir.

Believe what you want, how you want, when you want, but DO NOT try to impose those beliefs upon me. You will be rejected 1,000 times out of 1,000 by default.

I live in Alabama, in the heart of the so-called Bible Belt. I get enough fools trying to impose their beliefs upon others as it is. I don't tolerate that **** in real ife, so I'll be damned if I'd ever deal with it while messing with videogames.

I don't know exactly what TC posted, so I can't say if he should be banned or whatever. But I will say that it is probably best to leave stuff like religion and politics and whatnot off of things like Live. People are on there to have fun playing videogames, not to be preached to or whatever else.

And people like Skankhair here are the other end of the spectrum, right down to his sig. His perpetual offense and mockery of religion is just as bad as those that would try to force it on you. It's the exact same thing. The funny thing is, these guys are so thick headed that they don't even realize it.

Both people are bad lets just leave it like that.

But I'm proud of this board for being more civilized then a certain other board when it comes to this stuff.
---
ANDREW JACKSON is my favorite US President
We need another Andrew Jackson for President
#39SkankhairPosted 11/11/2012 2:26:32 PM(edited)
pothocket posted...

No one said anyone's life is crap. WTF are you talking about?

Sometime I use analogies to help simple people understand complex concepts.

You used a false analogy. That doesn't aid understanding.

I am not a simple person. I know what an analogy is. Your analogy was false, and I was pointing it out. I guess that went over your head.
---
#40Scoter81Posted 11/11/2012 2:21:54 PM
Indeed. I'm sick of Christianity bashing. People think it makes them cool as if they are more open minded simply for doing it when really it's just a pointless and spineless act.