This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently it's against Live's ToS to express faith in a specific religion.

#351Super CreaturesPosted 11/11/2012 9:19:47 PM
Winternova posted...
Occam's Razor means that the simplest explanation is the best and mine is infinitely more simple than an alien intelligence crossing trillions of miles just to scare the s*** out of you.

What if he broke down after crossing trillions of miles and was just trying to get some "roadside" assistance, not trying to scare the **** out of humans, but because of how the human brain works, and how modern society has trained it to work, the result was an unintentional reaction to the unknown?

Or, maybe he did cross trillions of miles just to get some ****s and giggles out of scaring some primitive life forms, and came from a race advanced enough to have the technology to do it in the blink of an eye so didn't think anything about traveling that distance.

Or, maybe, as has been suggested, it wasn't from another planet, but another dimension, so wouldn't have traveled trillions of miles, just through a dimensional rift.

Or maybe it was just something the brain made up to explain the situation, or actually was a costume, or any other number of simpler explanations.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#352WinternovaPosted 11/11/2012 9:36:46 PM
Super Creatures posted...
Winternova posted...
Occam's Razor means that the simplest explanation is the best and mine is infinitely more simple than an alien intelligence crossing trillions of miles just to scare the s*** out of you.

What if he broke down after crossing trillions of miles and was just trying to get some "roadside" assistance, not trying to scare the **** out of humans, but because of how the human brain works, and how modern society has trained it to work, the result was an unintentional reaction to the unknown?

Or, maybe he did cross trillions of miles just to get some ****s and giggles out of scaring some primitive life forms, and came from a race advanced enough to have the technology to do it in the blink of an eye so didn't think anything about traveling that distance.

Or, maybe, as has been suggested, it wasn't from another planet, but another dimension, so wouldn't have traveled trillions of miles, just through a dimensional rift.

Or maybe it was just something the brain made up to explain the situation, or actually was a costume, or any other number of simpler explanations.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#353GandoclausPosted 11/11/2012 10:02:53 PM
G2584 posted...
I received a 48 hour ban for a text message I sent with a Bible verse. I called and they told me I am not allowed to express my faith with Christianity, or any religion for that matter. How is that even legal for them to censor someone's beliefs?

I'm not going to renew my service with Live once it expires next month. This is unbelievable. I'll go check out what PSN has to offer. Hopefully they don't have idiotic rules that push a ridiculous agenda.

God Bless.

There is no place for religion in gaming, that's why christian games suck so hard!
---
santa is a wizard
#354Hello10000Posted 11/11/2012 10:08:36 PM
Its a private business that you agree to its TOS when you made your account, your gov't free speech laws don't apply there.

Xbox Live is not a place of worship Tc.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of Kingler]
Pokemon White FC: 3267 4497 6644 Name: Ash
#355WinternovaPosted 11/11/2012 10:11:19 PM
Did TC ever state which verse he quoted from the Bible? There are some that are prima facie violations of the TOS/COC.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#356Cvdf3Posted 11/11/2012 11:28:55 PM(edited)
TC posted one time and got 300+ posts

Successful troll
9/10 would f***
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
PSN ~ TFone6
#357NinjuggalotusPosted 11/11/2012 11:42:05 PM
Winternova posted...

http://i.imgur.com/KnCkX.png
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!"
#358CapwnDPosted 11/11/2012 11:43:11 PM
TC posted one time and got 300+ posts

Successful troll
9/10 would f***

Skankhair gobbled it up like a pro. OrgeLambart stepped and defended Skankhair after he failed to make any sense, and I too fell into it.
---
Thrash Zone
#359dj___rollPosted 11/12/2012 1:18:04 AM
Quote:From: drink | #108
OrgeLambart posted...
That doens't mean his believers have any special recourse to do anything about it because you technically didn't say anything wrong.

You did say something wrong, you said something disrespectful.

If you can't separate respectfulness from truthfulness, then your going to have problems.

That sums it up. If somebody doesn't know they are being disrespectful, they are ignorant at best. But lets be honest here, it's intentional.

@CaPwnD
You finally admit to being ignorant. Oh thank god ;)
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#360richisdisturbedPosted 11/12/2012 4:17:53 AM
Thought I'd check this thread out before heading to work, I have to say, I'm very surpised it only went up 10-15 posts overnight.

- The simplest of explanaitions is USUALLY the best explanaition but not always, remember.
---
Gamertag - richisdisturbed
http://soundcloud.com/richisdisturbed