This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently it's against Live's ToS to express faith in a specific religion.

#371EnsanguinePosted 11/12/2012 3:01:48 PM
If some jackass sent me some bible verse on XBL I'd report him for harassment. Weather you want to think it is or not, that is forcing your beliefs on me, and I'm not having any of that.

Keep your religion away from me.
---
"I'm more of a softcore gamer. I'll play naked, but I won't let you see the good stuff." - to_marcus
#372Deathx113Posted 11/12/2012 3:13:37 PM(edited)
Winternova posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Lol, all right I'm done with you.

It wasn't created it has always existed, before time I might add.

That is basically what God is. Run out of 'science theories' and God gets turned into a theory lol.

Time is relative to the speed you're traveling. Additionally, time moves slower the closer you are to a large gravitational body. Considering time is a function of space, and space didn't exist until after the Big Expansion, you can't say something has "always existed" since "before time".

If "God" always existed and existed "before time", then he's on the wrong side of the singularity's expansion and is outside of our universe and has no influence in our universe...therefore "God" is completely irrelevant.

Don't act like a tool, bro.

I wasn't talking about God but about your, or shawnks? big bang bs.

Also, if God is an all powerful being he could exist in any universe he wanted at any time, regardless of time. Some humans aren't capable of comprehending that, though, so I understand the confusion.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#373BlueJester007Posted 11/12/2012 3:06:13 PM
Who cares? Religion is a tool to be used to control others.
---
Sig'd --vigorm0rtis
#374ChezDispenserPosted 11/12/2012 3:08:20 PM
You know what I hate? Coming into a topic and seeing some obvious targets for my trademark witticisms and then discovering that said topic has progressed beyond the point where my biting sarcasm would make any sense.

Carry on.
---
Goddamn!
#375IvanKozlovPosted 11/12/2012 3:13:37 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
You know what I hate? Coming into a topic and seeing some obvious targets for my trademark witticisms and then discovering that said topic has progressed beyond the point where my biting sarcasm would make any sense.

Carry on.

Yep. These topics suck.
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
#376Deathx113Posted 11/12/2012 3:14:06 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
Who cares? Science is a tool to be used to control others.

Fix'd.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#377WinternovaPosted 11/12/2012 3:17:49 PM
Lozh900 posted...
Just for those idiots who are arguing you agreed to their ToS so you ate bound by it.

Heads up guys, a little research would tell you no ToS can have you in any way break the law.
Unfortunately censoring your religious belief isn't really illegal.

But back to the main point.

The Law supersedes ToS agreements.

Actually, the First Amendment only applies to the government, so there can be no illegal censoring by a private party.

Additionally, a contract can change the duties and responsibilities of parties that change what they would basically have under the law. In fact, a contract can change which law applies - two residents of New York, for example, could agree to have the contract interpreted under Hawaii law. That's perfectly legal, as long as both sides agree.

As long as the contract is for a legal purpose and is to be accomplished in a legal manner, the rules of the contract apply - not the basic rules set down by law. You can contractually agree to give up your right to sue that you have under the law - and that's done quite often in contracts that contain an arbitration clause.

The sad thing is this is all basic contract law that I taught in my 200 level business law class. It's not that advanced of a topic.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#378WinternovaPosted 11/12/2012 3:21:23 PM
Deathx113 posted...
BlueJester007 posted...

Fix'd.

If that's your definition of "fixing" something, I'd hate to see what you consider "breaking" to be. You turned a true statement into a f***ing joke.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#379Deathx113Posted 11/12/2012 3:22:39 PM
Winternova posted...
Deathx113 posted...
BlueJester007 posted...

Fix'd.

If that's your definition of "fixing" something, I'd hate to see what you consider "breaking" to be. You turned a true statement into a f***ing joke.

I was just joking, both statements are broken.

Nice to know I upset you, though.
---
#380McStinkwrinklePosted 11/12/2012 3:24:52 PM
I think I speak for most people here when I say this, Winternova, would you kindly stfu. Please. Just stop talking already. You stink of pretentiousness.