This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently it's against Live's ToS to express faith in a specific religion.

#381Deathx113Posted 11/12/2012 3:31:50 PM(edited)
McStinkwrinkle posted...
I think I speak for most people here when I say this, Winternova, would you kindly stfu. Please. Just stop talking already. You stink of pretentiousness.

Idk... When ever I'm not talking about religious stuff and w/e, Winter is cool, I tend to agree with him about games, and stuff like that.

But when we start talking about religious stuff, wellllll release the hounds!! That's all I can say.

Also, like freedom of speech and all that xD If you don't like someone it is better to ignore them o:
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#382kungfucolinPosted 11/12/2012 3:46:17 PM
I think I speak for most people here when I say this,

Nope.

In point of fact, your reaction may be common with others who simply reject critical analysis - but the big bang theory isn't just some wild hypothesis - it is mathematically irreducible and therefore the best explanation we have.

In accordance with the laws of thermodynamics, the 'big bang' is the ONLY rational explanation.

First law of thermodynamics: Heat and work are forms of energy transfer. Energy is invariably conserved but the internal energy of a closed system changes as heat and work are transferred in or out of it. Equivalently, perpetual motion machines of the first kind are impossible.

Second law of thermodynamics: The entropy of any isolated system not in thermal equilibrium always increases. Isolated systems spontaneously evolve towards thermal equilibrium—the state of maximum entropy of the system—in a process known as "thermalization". Equivalently, perpetual motion machines of the second kind are impossible.

To paraphrase:

The first law states that the total potential energy of the universe can never exceed nor fall short of its initial values.

The second law states that we are continually moving towards entropy - or more commonly. 'disorder' for example, you can stir milk into a cup of coffee - but no matter how much you stir, you can never separate the cold milk from the hot coffee.

These two laws in conjunction imply that all earlier states of the universe contained the same energy, but a lower state of entropy, whereas all subsequent states will contain the same energy, but a higher state of entropy.

If we reduce this mathematically to the very earliest state of the universe, we must conclude that it existed as a singularity - an immensely energetic, yet physically tiny object.
Mathematics.
---
Latest Video: Dishonored HD video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7sm1WwKr08
#383Zeke0238Posted 11/12/2012 4:32:08 PM
Frisco557 posted...
Why do you think it'd be illegal for them to censor you?

They aren't the government, so the fifth amendment doesn't apply and you agreed to the ToS when you joined XBL.

What does the Fifth ammendment have to do with anything? Or did you mean the First?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: XavierBK
#384FoppePosted 11/12/2012 4:37:14 PM
McStinkwrinkle posted...
I think I speak for most people here when I say this, Winternova, would you kindly stfu. Please. Just stop talking already. You stink of pretentiousness.

I would happily pay Winternova to speak more...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#385pothocketPosted 11/12/2012 4:38:26 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
Who cares? Science is a tool to be used to control others.

I thought we weren't announcing the mind control product line until next quarter? I'm calling Bob in accounting and getting to the bottom of this!
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#386FoppePosted 11/12/2012 4:43:27 PM
BlueJester007 posted...

And yet you use tools created by science all day long.
Run and hide in a cave, long away from computers and electricity, and gather your food with your bare hands, like a real man.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#387Deathx113Posted 11/12/2012 4:46:31 PM
I'm laughing so hard right now xD

That's right bluejester, be a man, darn you, be a man.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#388BlueJester007Posted 11/12/2012 4:48:59 PM(edited)
Foppe posted...
BlueJester007 posted...

Run and hide in a cave, long away from computers and electricity, and gather your food with your bare hands, like a real man.

pothocket posted...
BlueJester007 posted...

I thought we weren't announcing the mind control product line until next quarter? I'm calling Bob in accounting and getting to the bottom of this!

You two are talking to the wrong person. DeathX for whatever reason changed my statement to "Science" instead of what I originally had which was "Religion".
---
Sig'd --vigorm0rtis
#389Deathx113Posted 11/12/2012 4:49:56 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
Foppe posted...
BlueJester007 posted...

pothocket posted...
BlueJester007 posted...

You two are talking to the wrong person. DeathX for whatever reason changed my statement to "Science" instead of what I originally had which was "Religion".

Oh no, you've been exposed, too late for that, sir! ;)
---
#390WinternovaPosted 11/12/2012 4:50:29 PM
McStinkwrinkle posted...

I choose my words carefully and usually only speak on subjects I'm knowledgeable about. That leads people to think I'm a pretentious know-it-all. Personally, I couldn't care less what people think of me; social approval isn't necessary for me to be happy. I do enjoy intelligent discussion and my friends enjoy that as well; they also understand that while I will argue vociferously against them on certain topics, it has nothing to do with me disliking them as a person. Nothing has ever been gained by being wishy-washy on a certain topic - holding your viewpoint without giving quarter in an argument but testing your position after hearing your opponent's is the best way to learn, IMO.

Perhaps my opinion on that is born out of my schooling; the Socratic Method was used in almost every class I took to obtain my JD. I enjoy a good "argument" and find any discussion without a little bit of dissent between the speakers is quite boring.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)