This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently it's against Live's ToS to express faith in a specific religion.

#391WinternovaPosted 11/12/2012 4:51:31 PM
kungfucolin posted...
I think I speak for most people here when I say this,

Nope.

In point of fact, your reaction may be common with others who simply reject critical analysis - but the big bang theory isn't just some wild hypothesis - it is mathematically irreducible and therefore the best explanation we have.

In accordance with the laws of thermodynamics, the 'big bang' is the ONLY rational explanation.

First law of thermodynamics: Heat and work are forms of energy transfer. Energy is invariably conserved but the internal energy of a closed system changes as heat and work are transferred in or out of it. Equivalently, perpetual motion machines of the first kind are impossible.

Second law of thermodynamics: The entropy of any isolated system not in thermal equilibrium always increases. Isolated systems spontaneously evolve towards thermal equilibrium—the state of maximum entropy of the system—in a process known as "thermalization". Equivalently, perpetual motion machines of the second kind are impossible.

To paraphrase:

The first law states that the total potential energy of the universe can never exceed nor fall short of its initial values.

The second law states that we are continually moving towards entropy - or more commonly. 'disorder' for example, you can stir milk into a cup of coffee - but no matter how much you stir, you can never separate the cold milk from the hot coffee.

These two laws in conjunction imply that all earlier states of the universe contained the same energy, but a lower state of entropy, whereas all subsequent states will contain the same energy, but a higher state of entropy.

If we reduce this mathematically to the very earliest state of the universe, we must conclude that it existed as a singularity - an immensely energetic, yet physically tiny object.
Mathematics.

Excellently stated, sir. I hadn't thought about it in that way before...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#392WinternovaPosted 11/12/2012 4:54:33 PM
Deathx113 posted...
I was just joking, both statements are broken.

Nice to know I upset you, though.

I don't think anyone here has ever seen me upset. Frustrated, definitely, but not upset. And, frankly, I doubt anything said to me online by someone I don't know personally would get me upset. :-) But, yes, you initiated some frustration. If that was your goal, then you succeeded in getting an appropriate response...which, interestingly enough, is the definition of "trolling" in the TOS. But I'm not going to be an ass and mark it, because it wasn't that bad. :-)
---
#393Deathx113Posted 11/12/2012 4:56:27 PM
Winternova posted...
Deathx113 posted...

I don't think anyone here has ever seen me upset. Frustrated, definitely, but not upset. And, frankly, I doubt anything said to me online by someone I don't know personally would get me upset. :-) But, yes, you initiated some frustration. If that was your goal, then you succeeded in getting an appropriate response...which, interestingly enough, is the definition of "trolling" in the TOS. But I'm not going to be an ass and mark it, because it wasn't that bad. :-)

I was going for a laugh more than frustration. ^^
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#394WinternovaPosted 11/12/2012 5:07:29 PM
Deathx113 posted...
Winternova posted...
Deathx113 posted...

I was going for a laugh more than frustration. ^^

Then strike the portion of my post regarding trolling, as it doesn't apply. :-)
---
#395shinobisBACKPosted 11/12/2012 6:27:58 PM
personally i find anyone who has words of support for their favorite NFL team as very offensive and annoying, from here on i will report all accounts that i see having this. how dare they bring topics of sports franchises, leagues, or sport in general that i dislike or do not support into my living room.

sounds pretty stupid right? just because im apathetic towards some sports doesnt mean it should be an offense just to hear or see something about it. like i said, if people are so offended just by seeing or hearing something that came out of a bible they sound very insecure in their own beliefs imo. also these are the guys who talk about how "religion starts wars!" and then dramatically go on about hating people who have a religious belief, ironic.

believe whatever the hell you want to, and let the next man do the same. is that really so hard? for the record i believe in many conflicting theories, both religious and lack thereof. your brain will not explode from exploring deep thoughts from all sides of the spectrum. also im not serious about reporting nfl fans. ;)
#396WinternovaPosted 11/12/2012 6:34:04 PM
shinobisBACK posted...
personally i find anyone who has words of support for their favorite NFL team as very offensive and annoying, from here on i will report all accounts that i see having this. how dare they bring topics of sports franchises, leagues, or sport in general that i dislike or do not support into my living room.

sounds pretty stupid right? just because im apathetic towards some sports doesnt mean it should be an offense just to hear or see something about it. like i said, if people are so offended just by seeing or hearing something that came out of a bible they sound very insecure in their own beliefs imo. also these are the guys who talk about how "religion starts wars!" and then dramatically go on about hating people who have a religious belief, ironic.

believe whatever the hell you want to, and let the next man do the same. is that really so hard? for the record i believe in many conflicting theories, both religious and lack thereof. your brain will not explode from exploring deep thoughts from all sides of the spectrum. also im not serious about reporting nfl fans. ;)

Discussing NFL teams isn't against the Code of Conduct. However, it's very possible for a Bible verse to violate it:

Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct
Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that references controversial religious topics, notorious people, organizations, or sensitive current or historical events that may be considered inappropriate.

---
#397FoppePosted 11/12/2012 11:28:05 PM
Chicago Cubs will win the World Series in 2015.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#398digitalwill2000Posted 11/12/2012 11:35:06 PM(edited)
Are you sure its a religious thing? Maybe your message was an offence to human intelligence,

Oh, same thing really.

Ooooooh SNAP NOOOO I DI'INT

Also, stop talking about the most pathetic sport in human history, its so bad that only one country plays it, badly
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#399FoppePosted 11/13/2012 1:24:35 AM(edited)
digitalwill2000 posted...
Also, stop talking about the most pathetic sport in human history, its so bad that only one country plays it, badly

What sport are we talking about?
Baseball?
Baseball is the leading team sport in both Japan and Cuba.
American Football?
Got 18 leagues outside USA.

---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#400FoppePosted 11/13/2012 1:23:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]