This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently it's against Live's ToS to express faith in a specific religion.

#51CapwnDPosted 11/11/2012 2:32:37 PM
Scoter81 posted...
Indeed. I'm sick of Christianity bashing. People think it makes them cool as if they are more open minded simply for doing it when really it's just a pointless and spineless act.

And I'm sick of Christians spewing their beliefs to any and everyone they come across (not all Christians do this, but in the spirit of this conversation, let's say that's what TC did).

I'm all for religious freedom, and I'd never limit someone's right to believe what they want, but if you keep that hypocritical, simple-minded, dogmatic bull-spit to yourself, then I won't point out how terribly counterproductive religion is to our progression as a society.

Yet you have a sig like that.

Am I crazy or do you and Skankhair not see that you are doing the exact same thing that you are complaining about?
---
Thrash Zone
#52HoundourPosted 11/11/2012 2:33:26 PM
CaPwnD posted...
CaPwnD posted...
And people like Skankhair here are the other end of the spectrum, right down to his sig. His perpetual offense and mockery of religion is just as bad as those that would try to force it on you. It's the exact same thing. The funny thing is, these guys are so thick headed that they don't even realize it.

Not defending Skankhair or anything BUT

his sig doesn't really force anything on anyone, it just states that they're proud that they don't believe in anything, just like "If you believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your sig. " type thing.

Houndour I accidentally quoted you above in one of my posts..... I edited it. Not sure if you think I was going at you.

I was going to say that in this topic Skankhair is Religion B guy. That was all.

But anyways, His sig is implying the same things he's saying in this topic, about fairy tales and all that. It's intended to be insulting to those that do believe, and it is also stating his own disbelief.

No no no, i was saying only about his sig, what he said in this topic on the otherhand does impede on the fine line between insulting religion and debunking religion. And you're right, he is the B guy.
---
I LOVE METAL
#53CapwnDPosted 11/11/2012 2:34:20 PM
CaPwnD posted...
His sig is implying the same things he's saying in this topic, about fairy tales and all that. It's intended to be insulting to those that do believe, and it is also stating his own disbelief.

It is not intended to be insulting.

If you are insulted, I apologize, but I did not mean to insult you or anyone else.

You can believe in whatever you wish. I have not sought to take that right away from you.

Calling a zombie a zombie isn't meant to be insulting people that believe in that zombie. You have the right to believe in zombies, and I will not insult you for it.

Just don't tell me that if I don't call the zombie "the messiah" that I am being insulting.

You can tap dance around it all day, at the end of the day you still come across just as brash and classless as you did with your first post in this topic.

Before you start saying "But your'e calling me names" I never said that I wasn't brash.

Difference is, I have class.
---
Thrash Zone
#54SkankhairPosted 11/11/2012 2:35:36 PM
Houndour posted...
No no no, i was saying only about his sig, what he said in this topic on the otherhand does impede on the fine line between insulting religion and debunking religion. And you're right, he is the B guy.

I do not have an alt account. You can believe whatever you want.

CaPwnD posted...
Am I crazy or do you and Skankhair not see that you are doing the exact same thing that you are complaining about?

So quoting Ghandi is insulting to religion now?

Am I crazy, or are you being way too defensive. Do you not see that you are doing the same thing that *YOU* complain about?
---
If you don't believe in myths, fairy tales, ghosts, and zombie resurrections, and are 100% proud of this, put this in your sig.
#55SkankhairPosted 11/11/2012 2:36:50 PM
CaPwnD posted...
You can tap dance around it all day, at the end of the day you still come across just as brash and classless as you did with your first post in this topic.

Before you start saying "But your'e calling me names" I never said that I wasn't brash.

Difference is, I have class.

You are trying to personally insult me. And you think you have class?

Sure.
---
If you don't believe in myths, fairy tales, ghosts, and zombie resurrections, and are 100% proud of this, put this in your sig.
#56HoundourPosted 11/11/2012 2:37:20 PM
I never did say you had an alt.
---
I LOVE METAL
#57sonicteam2k1Posted 11/11/2012 2:37:53 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I hope you get permabanned.

People who force their religion on others is the very reason there are so many people who don't have faith.

first off I don't really care that he got banned or not, his fault

second, we have no idea if he was "forcing" religion. Just by posting a bible quote doesn't necessarily mean he was forcing his religion on anyone.

that's like saying someone was forcing good sportsmanship on me by saying "good game", what if i don't want to hear that "good game" crap and i want to be a sore loser? I can get mad and cop an attitude but it doesn't mean the person was forcing good sportsmanship on me.

so he/she is allowed to post whatever they want and depending on what's being said, it doesn't always mean someone is forcing anything on anyone.

so your post is stupid and I'm going to force you to "not be stupid"

anyhow if it's in the TOS and you broke the rules then it's your fault TC. suck it up and move one.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#58Robin_MaskPosted 11/11/2012 2:38:28 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
I'll ask this same question I ask the people who want to express their sexuality in their profile. Why do you feel the need to express your religion in your xboxlive profile. More than likely it's to troll people or get to play the victim so you can act in trollish ways.

Agreed with this. Most people want to feel important because they are "different" than the rest, as if they were the only gay/lesbian/bi person gaming. Then comes the dumb ones who say "durr i gots banned for posting my bio, MS hates gays hurr!" then we get told by the same person "well it said "you just got beat by a gay guy, how does it feel?"" making way for the person to exaggerate a problem, when THEY WERE the problem.

Scoter81 posted...
Indeed. I'm sick of Christianity bashing. People think it makes them cool as if they are more open minded simply for doing it when really it's just a pointless and spineless act.

Also this, even worse when the hipster/douchebag/hive mentality atheists (not all of them, but a good number) just bash Christianity to no end, but give a free pass to the rest, for some awkward lame reason. Hell, some pin the Inquisition and Crusades as being relevant even today and even blame the people of today for some weird reason, yet let go of what the others have done to the world.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#59zerooo0Posted 11/11/2012 2:38:35 PM
Guys please just stop going after each other. Just agree to disagree with each of ya views so we can stop this topic from turning into something that none of us want.
---
ANDREW JACKSON is my favorite US President
We need another Andrew Jackson for President
#60SkankhairPosted 11/11/2012 2:39:07 PM
Houndour posted...
I never did say you had an alt.

I thought you were saying I was some "B guy". Maybe I was wrong, but I thought you were saying I had some other account. I didn't meant to put words in your mouth.

What did you mean, then, by "B guy"?
---