This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently it's against Live's ToS to express faith in a specific religion.

#71SkankhairPosted 11/11/2012 2:46:05 PM
CaPwnD posted...
You are trying to tell others that your religion is correct and the others are wrong.

Do you honestly not understand any of this? I'm not trying to be insulting... I'm just amazed.

I did not said anyone's religion was wrong. Anywhere. Ever.

BTW, I don't have a religion.
---
If you don't believe in myths, fairy tales, ghosts, and zombie resurrections, and are 100% proud of this, put this in your sig.
#72Frisco557Posted 11/11/2012 2:47:16 PM
Skankhair posted...

Shock of the century!!!
---
Proud owner of an '88 Peugeot.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/frisco557/103_0809.jpg
#73CapwnDPosted 11/11/2012 2:47:38 PM
I don't care what anyone wants to believe in, but at least I have respect for it. That's what really counts. What happen to having respect for others.

Exactly. And that is the point that Skankhair clearly fails to understand. No respect, and thus no class.
---
Thrash Zone
#74OrgeLambartPosted 11/11/2012 2:48:38 PM
I see nothing wrong with Skankhairs sig? Also I fail to see how it's offensive in the least, seems like people are just looking to troll right about now.
#75SkankhairPosted 11/11/2012 2:48:48 PM
drink posted...
People that believe in ANY religion would never call it magic or fairy tales.

But the people that don't believe in it can still call a duck, a duck.

I wasn't aware that I had to use their terminology to avoid insulting them.
---
If you don't believe in myths, fairy tales, ghosts, and zombie resurrections, and are 100% proud of this, put this in your sig.
#76CapwnDPosted 11/11/2012 2:49:29 PM(edited)

Actually you do. Well I suppose we should say "religious beliefs" for the sake of this argument, especially since you seem more intent on arguing semantics instead of making any real point.
---
Thrash Zone
#77zerooo0Posted 11/11/2012 2:50:55 PM
drink posted...
Skankhair posted...

Believing in a fairy tale is what they actually do. It's a fact, not an insult. Are you saying they don't actually believing in the bible? You are calling them liars. They claim it is a magic book, not me.

If someone willingly believes in fairy tales, more power to them. I didn't say it was wrong. They have the right to believe in whatever fairy tales they want.

A fairy tale: is a type of short story that typically features folkloric fantasy characters, such as fairies, goblins, elves, trolls, dwarves, giants, mermaids, or gnomes, and usually magic or enchantments.
-Wiki

By saying fairy tale, your using out of its intended definition and using as a insult. But I'm sure you'll say your not.

So lets go by the definition you think your using.

A fairy tale: Made up story that not true.

I'm guessing you believe the bible isn't true. By using the term fairy tale, belittling someone else believes. Your using a term that normally used for children bedtime stores to define someone religious beliefs.

You say its a fact, how if this a fact?
"They claim its a magic book"....who?
People that believe in ANY religion would never call it magic or fairy tales.

I don't care what anyone wants to believe in, but at least I have respect for it. That's what really counts. What happen to having respect for others.

Skankhair just got owned.
---
ANDREW JACKSON is my favorite US President
We need another Andrew Jackson for President
#78CapwnDPosted 11/11/2012 2:51:26 PM
I see nothing wrong with Skankhairs sig? Also I fail to see how it's offensive in the least, seems like people are just looking to troll right about now.

So you don't think that it implies that religion is a fairy tale? And you don't think that has a lack of respect?
---
Thrash Zone
#79SkankhairPosted 11/11/2012 2:51:47 PM
CaPwnD posted...

Exactly. And that is the point that Skankhair clearly fails to understand. No respect, and thus no class.

I do not fail to understand that, and I *do* have respect.

If you believe in zombies, I respect that. I never said I did not.

You must be very confused.

I respect all religion. That doesn't mean I can't use proper definitions or words when describing a religion. I am sorry if I do not use the terminology that your religion uses. I am not trying to be insulting by calling a zombie a zombie. I do understand that some religions do not use that term, but I do not use it to be insulting.

Again: If you believe that a zombie is your savior, I respect that.

I am sorry if that means I have no class. I guess I should start personally insulting people. Would that make me classy?
---
#80lastrockerPosted 11/11/2012 2:52:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]