This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 slim not working with HDMI's.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox 360 slim not working with HDMI's.

User Info: Awesomeness13

Awesomeness13
4 years ago#1
First I tried the HDMI on my 32 inch LCD but it says "An incompatible video signal has been detected" then I tried it on my 55 inch LCD but it acts as if nothing is plugged in. I tried holding Y and RT but nothing. I also tried plugging one in switching the settings and then switching the cables but my Xbox resets every time a cable is unplugged. I tried just about everything but nothing happened, if you have the same problem or have a solution please help. Also if you assume something is wrong with the TV there's not because both TV's work on my ps3.

User Info: mmarkster

mmarkster
4 years ago#2
TV works fine. System works fine. What about the HDMI cable? Try using your PlayStation 3 HDMI cable on your Xbox 360.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name: mmarkster
Future Wii U owner.

Awesomeness13
4 years ago#3
I don't think so cause the Hdmi I use works on ps3 and all other devices I use

User Info: mmarkster

mmarkster
4 years ago#4
So the same HDMI Cable that works with your PS3 and other devices does not work on your Xbox 360?
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name: mmarkster
Future Wii U owner.

Awesomeness13
4 years ago#5
Yeah I have know way to explain but it has to be the Xbox

User Info: IceteaCrisis

IceteaCrisis
4 years ago#6
Hook the xbox up VGA or Component or Composite if possible, just to see if it the system in general or the HDMI port

Edit: I guess maybe you tried that with the "I also tried plugging one in switching the settings and then switching the cables but my Xbox resets every time a cable is unplugged"

maybe the HDMI port is bad

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
4 years ago#7
Do you have Display Discovery enabled and have your resolution set to Optimal, instead of a specific resolution?
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
4 years ago#8
Do you have Display Discovery enabled and have your resolution set to Optimal, instead of a specific resolution?

This. You'll have to find a TV where it works, then change it. Or the reset may work one one of the TVs you do have access to.
Thrash Zone

User Info: kingwutugu

kingwutugu
4 years ago#9
did you blow on both sides? some reason it works for me when the sound gets screwed up, maybe the image too.
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win

User Info: LeetCheet

LeetCheet
4 years ago#10
If the HDMI port is bad, try a Component cable instead. It's just as good.

(I use component)
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2093287_o.gif
Speedrunnin' through life since 1991.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox 360 slim not working with HDMI's.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived