This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there some specific reason why 360 controllers have become so expensive?

#1xxBloodBathxxPosted 11/12/2012 12:29:03 PM
I remember when you could get a wired controller for 15$ on sale (and these sales happen pretty often).

Now it seems like 50$ for wireless and ~35$ for wired is the best price available. There is a 35$ wireless one coming for black friday, but it stinks that I can't pick up a 15$ wired one.
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
#2darkharePosted 11/12/2012 12:30:41 PM
so your comparing the price of a controller on sale, to a controller thats not on sale. then complaining about them being too expensive?
---
We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents.
#3djrudenPosted 11/12/2012 12:32:29 PM
It is not that goods are becoming more expensive but that the value of your money is becoming cheaper.
#4xxBloodBathxx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 12:39:01 PM
darkhare posted...
so your comparing the price of a controller on sale, to a controller thats not on sale. then complaining about them being too expensive?

No, I am saying that there used to be sales all the time, where the prices would go down significantly. Also, the standard price of a wireless controller used to be around 35$, wired 25-30.

NOW, standard prices for wireless and wired are 50 and 35 respectively, and you pretty much never see sales.
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
#5darkharePosted 11/12/2012 12:41:12 PM
xxBloodBathxx posted...
darkhare posted...

No, I am saying that there used to be sales all the time, where the prices would go down significantly. Also, the standard price of a wireless controller used to be around 35$, wired 25-30.

NOW, standard prices for wireless and wired are 50 and 35 respectively, and you pretty much never see sales.

i dont think ive ever bought a controller for more then $20, but then again i buy the used ones at Gamestop. so perhaps the reason why your not seeing sales on controllers at retail stores for new is because their easily accesible for cheap re-sale.
---
#6RedFive3Posted 11/12/2012 12:44:21 PM
Ewww, I would never buy a used controller. You never know where the original owners hands have been.... ewww.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#7xxBloodBathxx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 12:47:06 PM
RedFive3 posted...
Ewww, I would never buy a used controller. You never know where the original owners hands have been.... ewww.

2nd that. I generally buy a new controller when my thumbsticks wear out. Why buy one where there is already wear on them to begin with? Also, I have a self-policy to never buy used hardware of any kind. I have no problem with used software, though.
---
-Mark Twain
#8darkharePosted 11/12/2012 12:59:42 PM
RedFive3 posted...

well $15 is half of $25 and topic creator hasnt seen any controllers on sale for less then $35 which is $10 more. so what i offered is a method to pay a quarter of the price of a new controller on sale. i cannot help if you cannot control your imagination and allow it to run away with yourself on what you think people do with used controllers.
---
#9ArthasRebornPosted 11/12/2012 1:03:11 PM

Is it really? I've never seen any kind of controller under $50 or $60, barring sales.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn http://i49.tinypic.com/32znxno.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rrggy.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/af7sdj.jpg
#10RedFive3Posted 11/12/2012 1:03:56 PM
RedFive3 posted...

well $15 is half of $25 and topic creator hasnt seen any controllers on sale for less then $35 which is $10 more. so what i offered is a method to pay a quarter of the price of a new controller on sale. i cannot help if you cannot control your imagination and allow it to run away with yourself on what you think people do with used controllers.

It's not what they do with the controllers, but where their hands might have been. Most kids don't wash their hands...... ewww. You can try and spin it in your favor all you wan't, but it doesn't change the fact that it is still gross buying used controllers.

No offense dark, just my opinion.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.