This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there some specific reason why 360 controllers have become so expensive?

#21beautifuldreamsPosted 11/12/2012 7:14:16 PM
the standard sale prices of official x360 controllers have definitely gone up $10 or so in the last year.
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#22IvanKozlovPosted 11/13/2012 6:08:12 AM
ArthasReborn posted...
I just did a search on Amazon and found a $35 wired controller, which I'm actually now really considering buying >_>

What does it mean by "Refresh"?
http://www.amazon.ca/Xbox-360-Wired-Gamepad-Refresh/dp/B003ZSN600/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352771247&sr=8-1

Its probably referring to the the new and improved Dpad that the new controllers have. It's a refresh over the previous model of Dpad.
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
#23djrudenPosted 11/13/2012 6:28:46 AM
kungfucolin posted...
the value of your money is becoming cheaper.

'Quantitative Easing.'

QE is one method used by the central bank that ensures that our money will become cheaper but it is only 1 tool of many that do this.

Quantitative Easing is simply the Central Bank buying Treasury bonds with new printed money which will expand our money supply (inflation).

The root of the problem is that we have a fiat money system. That being our current money is merely paper and paper always returns back to its intrinsic value of zero. Formerly we had commodity money. Meaning our actual money was made with commoditys that always retain their intrinsic value. A silver dollar from the 1960's is worth around $30 today.

The dollar existed before the federa reserve, and around the world a dollar was known as a silver coin of a certain size and weight (it varied depending on region). After the creation of the federal reserve, they took all the gold and silver out of circulation, originally with the promise that they would just hold on to it but our money would still be backed by it. Today that is no longer true and our money is backed by toxic debt like US Treasuries and MBS (mortgage backed securities) and as that toxic debt depreciates, so does the value of our money.

The only other thing that props up demand for US Dollars and helps give them value is the forced trading of oil for dollars. This is why we have constant conflict in the middle east because the US must use military might to keep OPEC trading oil for strictly dollars and no other currencies. As other fiat currencies rise in prominence the dollar must fall.
#24xxBloodBathxx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 12:09:00 PM
djruden posted...
kungfucolin posted...
the value of your money is becoming cheaper.

'Quantitative Easing.'

QE is one method used by the central bank that ensures that our money will become cheaper but it is only 1 tool of many that do this.

Quantitative Easing is simply the Central Bank buying Treasury bonds with new printed money which will expand our money supply (inflation).

The root of the problem is that we have a fiat money system. That being our current money is merely paper and paper always returns back to its intrinsic value of zero. Formerly we had commodity money. Meaning our actual money was made with commoditys that always retain their intrinsic value. A silver dollar from the 1960's is worth around $30 today.

The dollar existed before the federa reserve, and around the world a dollar was known as a silver coin of a certain size and weight (it varied depending on region). After the creation of the federal reserve, they took all the gold and silver out of circulation, originally with the promise that they would just hold on to it but our money would still be backed by it. Today that is no longer true and our money is backed by toxic debt like US Treasuries and MBS (mortgage backed securities) and as that toxic debt depreciates, so does the value of our money.

The only other thing that props up demand for US Dollars and helps give them value is the forced trading of oil for dollars. This is why we have constant conflict in the middle east because the US must use military might to keep OPEC trading oil for strictly dollars and no other currencies. As other fiat currencies rise in prominence the dollar must fall.

Assuming that what you say is true, TIL that I can learn something of value from gameFAQs. It only took ~10 years of using this site.
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain