This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hitman Absolution is a mess

#21glassghost0Posted 11/12/2012 4:01:19 PM
from the gameplay that I've seen, none of this sounds true
---
Signature OFF
#22snake spiegalPosted 11/12/2012 4:08:34 PM
I played the tutorial at NYCC, it's the complete opposite of what he was saying. The level is pretty long, no kills are forced upon you, and it is completely stealth based.

Can't comment on story or anything, but the game looked fine and played fine.
---
Winter is Coming
#23Mhunter04Posted 11/12/2012 4:14:43 PM
glassghost0 posted...

ROFL you do know that the so-called "gameplay" you watched are preview sections of the game, a.k.a. marketing contents which only takes the best and most "flashy" parts of the game to be displayed.

If anything I have long learned to never judge a full game based on demo or previews alone because they almost always are just another hyped up materials in the end.

Regardless I'm keeping a close eye on this, if Square Enix/IO screwed up then it's no more pre-order for me. I rather give my cash to FarCry3 then some wannabe "stay true to it's roots" franchise.
#24RE2LeonSPosted 11/12/2012 4:19:41 PM
Gatekeeper999 posted...
s many of the assassinations you perform are pre-determined cutscenes in which Agent 47 fails to kill his target, rendering all of your work pointless.

I really, really hope thats not true.

Sounds like RE6 to me
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#25glassghost0Posted 11/12/2012 4:56:36 PM
Mhunter04 posted...
glassghost0 posted...

ROFL you do know that the so-called "gameplay" you watched are preview sections of the game, a.k.a. marketing contents which only takes the best and most "flashy" parts of the game to be displayed.

If anything I have long learned to never judge a full game based on demo or previews alone because they almost always are just another hyped up materials in the end.

Regardless I'm keeping a close eye on this, if Square Enix/IO screwed up then it's no more pre-order for me. I rather give my cash to FarCry3 then some wannabe "stay true to it's roots" franchise.

yeah, no
---
Signature OFF
#26bluehat94Posted 11/12/2012 5:15:03 PM
A lot of what he said is basically the opposite of what was said in other reviews, namely the GI one (They ended up giving the game an 8.75).
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#27Dragon NexusPosted 11/12/2012 5:21:48 PM
Oh god, "gently press the mouse button"? What the hell?

Like the same rage that came from Crysis 2 owners who loaded the PC version and were met by a screen that told them to press the Start button.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#28Deathx113Posted 11/12/2012 5:22:29 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...

Like the same rage that came from Crysis 2 owners who loaded the PC version and were met by a screen that told them to press the Start button.

Hm, but don't all window users have a start button?
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#29Dragon NexusPosted 11/12/2012 5:27:14 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...

Hm, but don't all window users have a start button?

Not on the keyboard they don't.
There's a windows button. And really, I suppose I mis-typed. It simply said "Press Start".
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#30DragynRyderPosted 11/12/2012 5:29:54 PM
wow.. max payne 3 a 55? i loved it. Hell hitman as a 7 is good enough for me, we all know how clunky its been. All these reviews just seem to be for attention to me atleast.

Heres the thing. Early reviews, never fully trust them, they are allowed to be released to the public for a reason (something like if u score it higher than an 8, go ahead and post it. they have to meet a minimum.) If what u read u like, then go for it.

This review just doesn't seem to add up to me, between the gameplay videos and the other reviews, along with other players who have played sections of the game themselves.

TBH i had more fun in the damn sniper challenge than this guy suggests in the whole game, also the part about pre-determined assassinations just seems way off base for a HITMAN game.