This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hitman Absolution is a mess

#41Dragon NexusPosted 11/12/2012 9:16:05 PM
I was joking xD

You know, the start button in the corner of the screen... I thought it was funny.

Couldn't be sure...so I clarified just in case.
You know what this place is like.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#42Pacman2dxPosted 11/12/2012 9:50:34 PM
Meh. The best thing about reviews is that they are nothing more than another persons opinion .. and although I can respect it - I do not have to agree with it .. I have my copy already paid off, it shall be a great week indeed .. Hitman and Turkey Day.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Lonely is a freedom that breathes easy and weightless ..
#43Zerol09Posted 11/12/2012 10:00:21 PM
shawnmck posted...
I watched plenty of gameplay videos that clearly show the player was NOT killing all the guards...so its not true that the game forces you to.
It is an option and nothing more.

Also, this game is more open ended with more options. That is you can use all kinds of things in the environment to kill your target.

So you'll have to excuse me if I call shenanigans on that article/ review.

Did you even read what the article wrote? it didn't say you couldn't avoid killing guards if you can in some places but rather the game encourages and push you to kill guards whenever possible.
#44AsucaHayashiPosted 11/12/2012 10:01:13 PM
couscous625 posted...
CammyApple posted...
Another "stealth" game that throws stealth out the window?!?! That's unpossible. It's just how it is now. Hell MGS4 wasn't even stealthy.

you didn't play it right then.

or maybe he did.

the thing about MGS4 is that it encourages you to play in different ways as evidenced by the huge list of unlockables with criterias ranging from no alert runs to having at least 400 enemy kills etc.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#45Mhunter04Posted 11/12/2012 10:04:12 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Mhunter04 posted...
glassghost0 posted...
from the gameplay that I've seen, none of this sounds true

ROFL you do know that the so-called "gameplay" you watched are preview sections of the game, a.k.a. marketing contents which only takes the best and most "flashy" parts of the game to be displayed.

If anything I have long learned to never judge a full game based on demo or previews alone because they almost always are just another hyped up materials in the end.

Regardless I'm keeping a close eye on this, if Square Enix/IO screwed up then it's no more pre-order for me. I rather give my cash to FarCry3 then some wannabe "stay true to it's roots" franchise.

yeah, no

Yeah, yes.

Anyway I just love it when fanboy gonna blindly defend a title whenever they will suck or not. Same thing happened to RE6 before it was released and looks where all those devotion is now.

I played every Hitman games ever since the first one was released on PC and from what I hearing the developer seems more utterly confused on which direction the game is going.
#46DarkSymbiotePosted 11/12/2012 10:05:24 PM
Pacman2dx posted...
Meh. The best thing about reviews is that they are nothing more than another persons opinion .. and although I can respect it - I do not have to agree with it .. I have my copy already paid off, it shall be a great week indeed .. Hitman and Turkey Day.

This thing again? Any decent reviewer writes as objectively as possible.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#47Dark_Oblivion2Posted 11/12/2012 10:14:43 PM
Pacman2dx posted...

Great since you ALREADY paid for the game I doubt there is anymore credibility whenever you agree or not with the review in question.

If this game is indeed a mess as it turns out to be then I rather not give a single dime to them, why should anyone anyway? I doubt you owe anything to the developers or Square Enix. It's just amazing how consumer will glad to pay for any game with a major title slapped onto it's back but new underrated titles gets left out in the rain.
---
Even the most primitive society has an innate respect for the insane.
#48OnipaladinPosted 11/12/2012 10:32:06 PM
I played 2 levels at comic-con and what I played was NOTHING like what the reviewer was saying. I find that odd.
---
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 4854-6080-3737
#49KaneOfShadowsPosted 11/12/2012 11:10:02 PM
What a bunch of drones. One review and your panties are in a twist. Start thinking for yourselves.
#50DarkSymbiotePosted 11/12/2012 11:11:20 PM
KaneOfShadows posted...
What a bunch of drones. One review and your panties are in a twist. Start thinking for yourselves.

Well we have played the game after all.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn