This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hitman Absolution is a mess

#51KaneOfShadowsPosted 11/12/2012 11:21:55 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
KaneOfShadows posted...
What a bunch of drones. One review and your panties are in a twist. Start thinking for yourselves.

Well we have played the game after all.

Exactly. Reserve your judgments until you actually play the game. Rent it from Redbox if that review means so much to you.
#52DarkSymbiotePosted 11/12/2012 11:23:33 PM
KaneOfShadows posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
KaneOfShadows posted...
What a bunch of drones. One review and your panties are in a twist. Start thinking for yourselves.

Exactly. Reserve your judgments until you actually play the game. Rent it from Redbox if that review means so much to you.

Redbox and renting is not available everywhere. We still need reviews whether you, me or the rest of the world likes it or not. I don't want to start a fight.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#53KaneOfShadowsPosted 11/12/2012 11:25:03 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
KaneOfShadows posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
KaneOfShadows posted...

Redbox and renting is not available everywhere. We still need reviews whether you, me or the rest of the world likes it or not. I don't want to start a fight.

We don't need reviews at all. I get along just fine without reading reviews for tv, film, music, or video games. My own opinion is the only one I care about.
#54KevoCSCSPosted 11/13/2012 12:34:44 AM
I really really want this game to be good.
I'd like to think this review score is mostly because of a bad PC port. I could care less and frankly I think PC gamers deserve a bad port since you get what you "pay" for.

That stuff about encouraging non-stealth gameplay sounds really bad though and could kill Hitman
#55ToxicKookiePosted 11/13/2012 2:53:35 AM
KevoCSCS posted...
I really really want this game to be good.
I'd like to think this review score is mostly because of a bad PC port. I could care less and frankly I think PC gamers deserve a bad port since you get what you "pay" for.

That stuff about encouraging non-stealth gameplay sounds really bad though and could kill Hitman

What are you insinuating exactly? That all PC gamers are pirates? Go make your generalizations somewhere else, and while you're there, eat a bowl full of fleshy, cylindrical objects.
#56Dragon NexusPosted 11/13/2012 6:35:32 AM
My own opinion is the only one I care about.

How many things have you tried that you hated and later found got bad reviews?
How many things have you never tried but might have liked if you'd taken the time to read a review?

If you're assuming reviews are just the numerical score given at the end, then you're doing reviews wrong. I would agree that review scores are not worth what people think they are, but they're not worthless. It's the body text of the review that counts and with experience you can pick out the well written reviews from the attention seeking ones.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#57yanksfan4247Posted 11/13/2012 6:35:36 AM
Lol @ toxic.

Anyways from the sound of it the reviewer was probably bad at the game. "Ugh. I can't sneak past these sentries omg the guards keep killing me I can't sneak past them either. See look the game is forcing me to have a gunfight with them!!"

I don't really care either way I'm not buying the game.
---
Drunk off PowerFAQs 1.10
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#58VandelayIncPosted 11/13/2012 6:48:41 AM
print magazin pffffffffffffft, they do everything to sell their crap. takes more than one butthurt reviewer to spoil the game for me.
#59secondhand1Posted 11/13/2012 8:00:48 AM
Zerol09 posted...
The_Dark_Slay3r posted...
Same person apparently gave Max Payne 3 55/100. That game seemed to have turned out alright.

Sounds about right.

Max Payne 3 SP is basically this: Over ten-minute cutscenes in-between, walked down an alley, watched another cutscene, climbed some stairs, watched another cutscene, walked up an alley, watched another cutscene, continued up the alley, and then watched another cutscene.

On top of that, the game featured no less than five shooting gallery sections, where Max couldn't move, but had to shoot at people who walked into his frame of vision. A 55/100 is somewhat generous.

Seriously game developer/producer please friggin STOP with all the hand-pulling cutscenes and trying to appeal to "kiddie generation" CoD gamers. Not everyone wants all their game to be an interactive QTE movie, doing so is insulting and not nice at all.

Right? If only everyone was a hardcore gamer who plays everything on the most difficult level - as long as it isn't Halo, CoD, or Madden - despises DLC in any and all forms and truly knows what's best for the industry.

When are publishers going to start catering to us? Since when is money and happy shareholders more important than adolescent loyalty?!? Death to casuals!
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#60pothocketPosted 11/13/2012 8:05:00 AM
VandelayInc posted...
print magazin pffffffffffffft, they do everything to sell their crap. takes more than one butthurt reviewer to spoil the game for me.

You say that as if it's not easier for an internet nobody to do the same thing to generate hits. Anyone can spew their opinion on the net, not everyone can get a job for a print magazine reviewing games. Think, McFly, think.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson