This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hitman Absolution is a mess

#61cr34ti0nPosted 11/13/2012 8:41:45 AM
Renting games? what is this the 90's?
#62DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/13/2012 8:57:51 AM
cr34ti0n posted...

I just bought a Blockbuster store for 10 grand, pretty sweet deal huh?
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#63bluehat94Posted 11/13/2012 9:02:17 AM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
cr34ti0n posted...

I just bought a Blockbuster store for 10 grand, pretty sweet deal huh?

What's a Dee Vee Dee?
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#64The_DjokerPosted 11/13/2012 9:05:55 AM
Isn't this the same guy that ave Max Payne 3 a 55? yeah his opinion is worthless
---
http://s16.postimage.org/n9cmvufj7/Kagawa_djoker.png
#65pothocketPosted 11/13/2012 9:17:32 AM
The_Djoker posted...
Isn't this the same guy that ave Max Payne 3 a 55? yeah his opinion is worthless

Except a lot of people agree with him. MP3 is worthless.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#66KevoCSCSPosted 11/13/2012 9:27:41 AM
ToxicKookie posted...
KevoCSCS posted...
I really really want this game to be good.
I'd like to think this review score is mostly because of a bad PC port. I could care less and frankly I think PC gamers deserve a bad port since you get what you "pay" for.

That stuff about encouraging non-stealth gameplay sounds really bad though and could kill Hitman

What are you insinuating exactly? That all PC gamers are pirates? Go make your generalizations somewhere else, and while you're there, eat a bowl full of fleshy, cylindrical objects.

Of course I'm not saying ALL of them are pirates. There are those who will buy it once it's 2 dollars on steam after they're done "demoing" the game.

Of course by demoing I mean having beaten the game twice.
#67KaneOfShadowsPosted 11/13/2012 9:38:26 AM(edited)
Dragon Nexus posted...
My own opinion is the only one I care about.

How many things have you tried that you hated and later found got bad reviews?
How many things have you never tried but might have liked if you'd taken the time to read a review?

If you're assuming reviews are just the numerical score given at the end, then you're doing reviews wrong. I would agree that review scores are not worth what people think they are, but they're not worthless. It's the body text of the review that counts and with experience you can pick out the well written reviews from the attention seeking ones.

A review is a futile, self-indulgent endeavor and nothing more. I don't care whether or not Joe Schmoe liked the latest Blue Cheese. If you think I don't know how to comprehend the underlying context of a review, then you are more presumptuous and pretentious than you make yourself out to be.

If reading reviews has taught me anything, it's that my tastes are quite different than a pontificating "journalist." Maybe reviews are your shepherd, but they're not mine. I formulate my own opinions.

This isn't restricted to video games. This happens with every medium. Psycho got bad reviews. So did Nabakov's Lolita. Their reviews were ultimately insignificant.
#68MUD VIPERPosted 11/13/2012 9:47:23 AM
The mention of it being a bad PC port is all any of you should have needed to see to understand this reviewers rant. No matter how good or how a well a game does things, if its a bad PC port PC game reviewers will trash it, period.
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.
#69bluehat94Posted 11/13/2012 9:48:18 AM
pothocket posted...
The_Djoker posted...

Except a lot of people agree with him. MP3 is worthless.

Who are these people? Because last I checked, MP3 is generally regarded as one of the best games released this year.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#70ArthasRebornPosted 11/13/2012 9:49:05 AM
ToxicKookie posted...
KevoCSCS posted...
I really really want this game to be good.
I'd like to think this review score is mostly because of a bad PC port. I could care less and frankly I think PC gamers deserve a bad port since you get what you "pay" for.

That stuff about encouraging non-stealth gameplay sounds really bad though and could kill Hitman

What are you insinuating exactly? That all PC gamers are pirates? Go make your generalizations somewhere else, and while you're there, eat a bowl full of fleshy, cylindrical objects.

Of course I'm not saying ALL of them are pirates. There are those who will buy it once it's 2 dollars on steam after they're done "demoing" the game.

Of course by demoing I mean having beaten the game twice.

The ones most bothered by a poor port job are the ones that pay for it, bro.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn http://i49.tinypic.com/32znxno.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rrggy.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/af7sdj.jpg