This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hitman Absolution is a mess

#71IvanKozlovPosted 11/13/2012 10:48:02 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
My own opinion is the only one I care about.

How many things have you tried that you hated and later found got bad reviews?
How many things have you never tried but might have liked if you'd taken the time to read a review?

If you're assuming reviews are just the numerical score given at the end, then you're doing reviews wrong. I would agree that review scores are not worth what people think they are, but they're not worthless. It's the body text of the review that counts and with experience you can pick out the well written reviews from the attention seeking ones.

None and none. I do my own research before I buy something so I already know whether or not I'll like it. None of this research ever involves reading a review of the game.

Hardware, on the other hand, I will read reviews on.
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
#72Yankeehazard191Posted 11/13/2012 11:06:53 AM
Ill buy it and play it myself. If its as bad as they say well oh well. Its Hitman from what i saw it looks good. Even if it turns out to be like conviction even better i actually liked conviction alot.
#73Dragon NexusPosted 11/13/2012 6:23:14 PM
None and none. I do my own research before I buy something so I already know whether or not I'll like it. None of this research ever involves reading a review of the game.

Had many instances where a game you enjoyed wasn't reviewed well despite your research?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#74deimos91Posted 11/13/2012 9:51:13 PM
CammyApple posted...
Another "stealth" game that throws stealth out the window?!?! That's unpossible. It's just how it is now. Hell MGS4 wasn't even stealthy.

play chapter 3 and tell me that
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#75swatkiller546Posted 11/13/2012 10:04:35 PM
pothocket posted...
The_Dark_Slay3r posted...
Same person apparently gave Max Payne 3 55/100.

That sounds about right. This guy knows his stuff and doesn't hand out score based on expectations or hype.

55/100? pshh sounds around right? You sir are an idiot or just a kiss ass defending that rubish.. geeze
---
GT: Swatkiller546
I'm urglerlin all over the place!"
#76KaneOfShadowsPosted 11/15/2012 8:06:21 AM
Two other markets have given the console versions a 9/10 and an 8.75/10.
#77abfirstr8Posted 11/17/2012 12:57:44 AM
Gatekeeper999 posted...
s many of the assassinations you perform are pre-determined cutscenes in which Agent 47 fails to kill his target, rendering all of your work pointless.

I really, really hope thats not true.

It's not. Many players and reviewers alike have confirmed this along with other things.

This reviewer is literally stating false facts. Ex : The "gently" press your mouse button has been confirmed wrong, even the user manuel states that it is the SHIFT key...

Other users (even in the comment section where the article was originally posted on gameranx) have stated that the game runs at 60 fps, as well as that the game never encourages or forces you to kill.
#78NinjuggalotusPosted 11/17/2012 2:17:02 AM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
cr34ti0n posted...
Renting games? what is this the 90's?

I just bought a Blockbuster store for 10 grand, pretty sweet deal huh?

What's a Dee Vee Dee?

DeMarcus Van Dyke
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!"
#79sethharris1191Posted 11/18/2012 5:24:01 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...

Had many instances where a game you enjoyed wasn't reviewed well despite your research?

Off the top of my head: games that I absolutely loved, but reviewers didn't:
007 Blood Stone
Captain America
Alpha Protocol
Stuntman: Ignition
Yakuza: Dead Souls
Quantum of Solace
Goldeneye: Reloaded

Off the top of my head: games that reviewers loved and I absolutely hated:
Every GTA after III
Halo
Mass Effect
Gears of War
LittleBigPlanet
Bayonetta
Red Dead Redemption
Bioshock
Ratchet & Clank
#80Perfect LightPosted 11/18/2012 6:10:39 PM(edited)
ChancreScolex posted...
Or maybe it's because I've been a Hitman fan since 47 that I'm trying my damnedest to see the best in this game. Fortunately IO has received enough backlash to prevent it from becoming another Splinter Cell Conviction. I'm sure going to miss that newspaper (which should have been upgraded to a news broadcast) and Jesper Kyd though. :(

What do you mean by "another Splinter Cell Conviction?" That game was awesome.
---
Visit youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new
My novel - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095KJ6YC