This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is black ops 2 going to be on sale anywhere for Black Friday?

#11SheepinatorPosted 11/13/2012 5:28:40 AM
Last Vampire posted...
Protip: When something goes on sale, it cuts into the retailer's profits, not the manufacturer.

Not true. Publishers routinely help to move inventory by aiding in retail promotions.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#12vigorm0rtisPosted 11/13/2012 6:11:05 AM
CaPwnD posted...
Protip: If you don't see the gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand.

Sig'd.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#13kst8erPosted 11/13/2012 6:23:58 AM
GorillaOnRoof posted...
How about supporting the developer, and stop buying your damn games while they're on sale? Sales are killing gaming. I ONLY buy when full priced. Want to know why? Because I'm a smart consumer. Buy full priced, or don't buy at all.

gorilla is the funniest poster on gamefaqs.
---
"Urination when excited can be a long term problem" -- vigorm0rtis
#14IceteaCrisisPosted 11/13/2012 6:48:33 AM
To throw a little more on topic in this topic. Of the games that have been shown to be on sale for Black Friday Black Ops 2 is not one of them.

Modern Warfare 3 is on sale and is at the same sale price point as Dishonored, FIFA 13, XCOM,Need for Speed MW games that just come out around last month or so, and MW3 is over a year old at this point.

So if you missed NewEgg Pre-order for 48 dollars or BestBuy pre-order for 20 dollar credit. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen but looking at how much they like to hold out on the older Call of Duty games i don't think it well be on sale.
#15DyingPancakePosted 11/13/2012 6:54:40 AM
plasticman13 posted...
CoD games never go on sale in retail during Black Friday or the holidays. Your best bet is to find it online since online retailers might throw some deals. Either that, or you can use the promos that stores have like B2G1 or $10 gift card with purchase etc.

I'm pretty sure I remember World at War being on sale for like $35-$40 when it was released

Ofcourse this was before Call of Duty was shattering sales records after sales records like it is now
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#16SheepinatorPosted 11/13/2012 7:03:03 AM
IceteaCrisis posted...
To throw a little more on topic in this topic. Of the games that have been shown to be on sale for Black Friday Black Ops 2 is not one of them.

Modern Warfare 3 is on sale and is at the same sale price point as Dishonored, FIFA 13, XCOM,Need for Speed MW games that just come out around last month or so, and MW3 is over a year old at this point.

So if you missed NewEgg Pre-order for 48 dollars or BestBuy pre-order for 20 dollar credit. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen but looking at how much they like to hold out on the older Call of Duty games i don't think it well be on sale.

^ Totally agree, and I expect Ice is referring to CAG which have listings of all the BF sales. Your best bet for this game was as Ice said, with the pre-order deals. You could wait months to maybe save $5 more, but I don't see the point in that with an MP game like this. Better to get it near launch, for the best deal you can.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#17pakathecatPosted 11/13/2012 7:07:29 AM
http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridaySales/Category/VideoGames - I don't see it but keep an eye on this page. However, I think most of the major ads are already out.
#18IceteaCrisisPosted 11/13/2012 7:21:57 AM
Sheepinator posted...

^ Totally agree,Your best bet for this game was as Ice said, with the pre-order deals.

While i am not a huge fan of pre-ordering or Call of Duty the dealman inside of me has been keeping an eye on everything. I might even of taken a look if it was even 40 dollars on Black Friday (and that would even be a higher sale price then anything else on sale) but unfortunately like we have mentioned pre-order deals were the best for this game we will probably see for awhile.
#19pakathecatPosted 11/13/2012 12:04:22 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200847024970 - If you are looking for a sale, but better act fast if you want this. 85/150 sold when I saw it a minute ago.
#20tisukoPosted 11/13/2012 3:49:58 PM
http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Nov-0-2012/giftdeals13/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL111312DE&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL111312DE-_-EMC-111312-Index-_-E0-_-Game#EL

30$ for BLOPS 2 and 12 months of Live.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
PSN: tisuko GT: k0tet5u