This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which gen had the best games: 360+PS3+Wii+DS+PSP or Xbox+PS2+GC+DC+GBA

#31jessica73Posted 11/19/2012 9:09:28 AM(edited)
Lol at people saying this gen.

This, last gen dumps all over it

ME? Kotor 2
DA? Baldur's Gate 2... or better yet, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, Deus Ex
Uncharted? Jak/Ratchet & Clank
Skyrim? Morrowind
GTA4? SAN ANDREAS, Vice City
Persona 3/4
Suikoden 3&5
all the FF from last gen were better than 13
Halo 1/2
Wind Waker
REmake
DQ8
etc

---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/dragonknight337/consoles.jpg
#32TheJabberw0ckyPosted 11/19/2012 9:06:07 AM
It really depends on the genre of games you enjoy the most. Like me i LOVE JRPGs and this gen has seen a decline in quantity and quality. Last Gens (PS2 in particular) was my holy land. This gen has the best FPS Ive seen if you just pick one from the series though you'll have played them all. A harder to choose choice would be for SHMUPS and Beat'em ups those were great on the Genesis/SNES gen but can be good if you look into this gen hard enough and last gen on the dreamcast in particular. Anyway enough of that.

For me its the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/Dreamcast Gen i love so many games that generation ill always have a Playstation 2 in my possession
#33MonoculusPosted 11/19/2012 9:28:13 AM
Monoculus posted...
The only truly great games this gen were Dragon Age Origins, the Mass Effect trilogy, Gears of War (the sequels were too similar to the first to be anything above 'good') and a handful of indie games, as well as Wii Sports (f*** the haters) and Super Mario Galaxy

So those are the only truly great games this gen, huh? Wow. By your list of last gen games better than this gen, it seems like you think they're better because you played them as a kid and there was still a sense of awe and wonder. Now that you're older you think current games suck so anything new isn't going to be as cool as when you were younger. My top 5 games of all time are all from this gen, and most from the last 3-4 years, because I would rather play Grand Theft Auto IV or Red Dead Redemption than any SNES game.

Not long into the new Xboxes and PSs, everyone who grew up with them is going to be talking about how 360 and PS3 had the best games ever and that no new games can compare to older ones. It's nostalgia, my friend, nothing more.

Just glancing at my sig would tell you that last gen was not my first. Personally, I don't believe even last gen compares to how great the SNES and PSX era was (although most of the best PSX games came out around/after the N64).

I never said the last-gen games I listed were all as good as the current-gen games I listed either, although certainly the MGS games and RE4 are. Games like TimeSplitters 2 were nowhere near perfect (I've been a longtime contributor to that one's ever-growing bug and glitch FAQ), but had more unique gameplay than a lot of today's games. The same is true of every gen, but I feel like this gen has had the most best-selling titles that felt like rehashes of other games, Call of Duty being a prime example. Perhaps I'm just getting too old and cynical, though.
---
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 4811-7007-7796
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play
#34badboyPosted 11/19/2012 9:35:53 AM
It's a tough question but I think I like the PS2 games a little more.
#35Carribean_CoolPosted 11/19/2012 9:37:28 AM
Perfect Light posted...
This gen by a mile. What games were SO GREAT last gen? Take off the nostalgia glasses.

And here we go with this stupid nostalgia argument, instead of providing actual facts on why the current product is better
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#36DeviousLightPosted 11/19/2012 9:42:16 AM
Last gen obviously. People saying this gen are little kids that haven't played any of the games last gen or are just blinded by call of duty
---
Gamefaqs. Where Frequently Asked Questions are forbidden.
#37DyingPancakePosted 11/19/2012 9:45:39 AM
DeviousLight posted...
Last gen obviously. People saying this gen are little kids that haven't played any of the games last gen or are just blinded by call of duty

Awww

Someone is angwey
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#38SunDevil77Posted 11/19/2012 9:45:44 AM
DeviousLight posted...

Or I could say "people who say last gen are little kids who make blanket statements"
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#39Carribean_CoolPosted 11/19/2012 9:47:16 AM
Most series were better last gen

Splinter Cell
Star Wars in general
Fight Night
Tony Hawk
Fable
WWE
Need for Speed
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#40pothocketPosted 11/19/2012 9:48:31 AM
DeviousLight posted...

Nah, more like the people saying last gen were kids last generation and are listing the system they grew up with/played in high school. Because, to me, it's "obviously" this generation that has the better games.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson