This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People hate on CoD for hate's sake.

#1GunningSoulPosted 11/13/2012 10:34:30 AM
I'm pretty sure the argument boils down to the empowering feeling one has when disliking something that is popular. It's counter-culture at it's finest, to attack and hate something so that you may feel that you have a wiser and more educated opinion to oppose the masses.

Some arguments agaisnt the franchise are unjust, especially since BLOPS 2 is trying to bring something new to the table. I often see people hating it because they say it's the same every year. And yet, what game franchise isnt just that, more of the same at every iteration? If you are consequent with yourself and hate CoD for being similar to itself, then you should also hate other popular franchises that does just the same. How is Halo 4, Assassin's Creed 3, Skyrim or anything else more new than BLOPS 2? They all add new campains, weapons and modes. They all also have the same fundamental gameplay from the previous titles. Why is CoD being judged more severely for "faults" that other games are being forgiven for? At least be consistent, hate all franchises for the same reasons and do not have double standards.

I'm not saying CoD are objectively great games or not. I for one enjoy them for what they are. It's great fun, and it does not mean that I cannot enjoy other games as well. Why are people so bent on hating this franchise as it would detract from their own experience? You dont have to even play it if you dont like it.
---
The things of me? Well I am tolding you;
I have turned into very funny, ha ha ha!!
#2CapwnDPosted 11/13/2012 10:35:54 AM
Hate mongers. It's the cool thing, to hate on the popular games that you don't like.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#3WinternovaPosted 11/13/2012 10:36:39 AM
GunningSoul posted...
People hate on CoD for hate's sake.

Thanks for the scoop, Olsen.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#4KaneOfShadowsPosted 11/13/2012 10:43:37 AM
Because no one likes beating a dead horse.

COD is a dead horse.

What's next? Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4: Black Ops 3?
#5WinternovaPosted 11/13/2012 10:45:48 AM
KaneOfShadows posted...

COD is a dead horse.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HqQmEhidy4w/TN3ASN8lwVI/AAAAAAAABBU/vMJ639R5wMo/s1600/Waiting+in+line+for+Call+of+Duty+Black+Ops+Video+Game+1.jpg

http://gamerfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Black-Ops-Release-Party-The-Line1.jpg

Yep, sure looks like a dead horse...a dead horse that will sell $100 million worth of games in the first week easy.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#6GunningSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:45:57 AM
Why is it a dead horse?
---
#7JRS511Posted 11/13/2012 10:48:27 AM(edited)
People lead sad, boring pathetic lives who have nothing else to do.
---
"I just want to watch the whole world burn"
#8KaneOfShadowsPosted 11/13/2012 10:47:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9DyingPancakePosted 11/13/2012 10:47:17 AM
KaneOfShadows posted...

COD is a dead horse.

Kind of like this joke?
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#10GunningSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:49:11 AM
KaneOfShadows posted...
it's a dead horse because you idiots keep shelling out $60 for a multiplayer you already bought years ago.

This multiplayer usually comes with a plethora of new guns, new modes, new maps and a new campain. It's as much of a game sequel as any game franchise. How is any other game's multiplayer not also a dead horse?
---