This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People hate on CoD for hate's sake.

#111GunningSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:41:22 PM
tracazoid posted...
I'm with CaPwnd on this one, you guys are delusional.

Same here.
---
The things of me? Well I am tolding you;
I have turned into very funny, ha ha ha!!
#112m4sturch33fPosted 11/13/2012 10:47:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#113CapwnDPosted 11/13/2012 10:52:41 PM
I address no points because

A. It's been said already 1000 times and
B. why do you want me to convince you? You're just a hate monger, flaming people and using the words casual and stupid and kids to flame people and make your self feel big and important, like some Monday morning armchair analyst of gaming.
---
Thrash Zone
#114WinternovaPosted 11/13/2012 10:59:43 PM
m4sturch33f posted...
The points covered are the fact that the games mechanics are beginning to seep into the game industry as the 'template to make money' because of it's enormous sales to the casual market. This causes homogenization and stagnation which is bad for the industry and it's consumers.

Interesting. How is this a "fact"? If there's homogenization and stagnation in the industry, why isn't EVERY game like Call of Duty? And where is the definition of a "casual" market? There's no hard and fast definition. Someone who plays Call of Duty for 100 hours a month is quite "hardcore" in my estimation. Why do we have to lump them into a "casual" market just because they know the type of game they like and buy that type of game? My wife plays mainly Pogo games, Fable II and III, and the Katamari series...so you would probably label her as "casual"...but when she plays them, she plays them for HOURS on end. She's played 200 hours on Fable II, 150 hours on Fable III, COUNTLESS hours on Katamari and Pogo...she's pretty hardcore about the games she likes!

It's just a matter of taste...and you're conflating opinions with facts.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#115GorillaOnTheRunPosted 11/13/2012 11:05:03 PM
Pezofpower posted...
CaPwnD posted...
Because you and a few other million people don't like it doesn't make it a travesty.

Fix'd for accuracy.

It totally does, I've been on board with the series since Halo 1 launch I have the same reasonable complaints as most people and after 3 it has gone down hill. Most Halo fans who are not casual gamers feel this way. Logically speaking we come back to the initial issue of casuals ruining it because they want to go pew pew and because they're willing to buy the same rehashed junk. Casuals can have call of duty, they can have kinect boxing they can have farmville. But for the franchises originally intended for the big boys you need to nut up or shutup.

Just stopping by quickly to let you know that you're a complete dumbass.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#116m4sturch33fPosted 11/13/2012 11:10:39 PM
Winternova posted...
m4sturch33f posted...
The points covered are the fact that the games mechanics are beginning to seep into the game industry as the 'template to make money' because of it's enormous sales to the casual market. This causes homogenization and stagnation which is bad for the industry and it's consumers.

Interesting. How is this a "fact"? If there's homogenization and stagnation in the industry, why isn't EVERY game like Call of Duty? And where is the definition of a "casual" market? There's no hard and fast definition. Someone who plays Call of Duty for 100 hours a month is quite "hardcore" in my estimation. Why do we have to lump them into a "casual" market just because they know the type of game they like and buy that type of game? My wife plays mainly Pogo games, Fable II and III, and the Katamari series...so you would probably label her as "casual"...but when she plays them, she plays them for HOURS on end. She's played 200 hours on Fable II, 150 hours on Fable III, COUNTLESS hours on Katamari and Pogo...she's pretty hardcore about the games she likes!

It's just a matter of taste...and you're conflating opinions with facts.

It's beginning to show in titles that are considered AAA or almost that. As noted before, this had hit Mass Effect in their third installment, shifting from a RPG based shooter to nothing but a point and shoot bullet-fest. Halo 4 is beginning to use many mechanics present in the CoD series, especially in their multi-player aspect and team scales. It's even ruining the Resident Evil franchise because they are trying to adopt the same aspects of run and gun found in FPS's.

Hours logged into a game does not mean they are casual or hardcore. It's the fact that even if a gamer puts in 1000 hours into a game, what makes them a casual is they do so with a game that lacks any depth of complexity and spoon feeds you progress in exchange for little to no thought process. Which is pretty much how the current market of FPS's are.
#117runuts27Posted 11/13/2012 11:20:23 PM
I personally dislike COD because it's not fun. But I think there is something wrong with people who "hate" it. Yes it is one of the more accessible games and those games tend to be more popular, but there is nothing wrong with that though that's just how it is.
---
I'm interested in this...
#118CapwnDPosted 11/13/2012 11:27:05 PM(edited)
Hours logged into a game does not mean they are casual or hardcore. It's the fact that even if a gamer puts in 1000 hours into a game, what makes them a casual is they do so with a game that lacks any depth of complexity and spoon feeds you progress in exchange for little to no thought process. Which is pretty much how the current market of FPS's are.

Statements like this is why people like you are the epitome of elitist, Comic Book Guy incarnate.
---
Thrash Zone
#119DBN_StealthPosted 11/13/2012 11:31:33 PM
maybe i just dont like it?
#120CapwnDPosted 11/13/2012 11:48:48 PM
maybe i just dont like it?

That is awesome, nobody would fault you for not liking it. I mean, who is expected to like every game? What gunning soul is talking about is the people with visceral hate for it, and those that put down the game and it's fans, like many people in this topic. Now personally I wouldn't have made this topic, I think there's enough of a platform for these hate mongers already.

But there's nothing wrong with not liking a game. There's plenty of games that I don't like. I've been gaming since the beginning, and I've lived through many different turns where the popular games weren't what I liked. You know what I found? This too shall pass.

I come to camefaqs to have conversations with my peers, not to be belittled by them for being a casual gamer just because one of the many games I enjoy is what they calll a casual game. F*** that, F*** them and the high horse they rode in in on.
---
Thrash Zone