This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People hate on CoD for hate's sake.

#41PezofpowerPosted 11/13/2012 2:06:30 PM
CoD isn't for gamers, it's for bros who like to say they're gamers.
MW3 Used assets from MW1

They could all legitimately be expansions of the first modern warfare, and people who aren't game savvy flock to it because they want the "real shooter" experience.
It's financial success is wanted by so many game developers shooters have been dulled down so they feel more like CoD.

I'm not mad because People like it, I'm mad because it along with world of warcraft ruins games because of casuals.
---
PSN:Pezofpower
#42CyhortI82Posted 11/13/2012 2:09:39 PM
Damn TC, that's some motherf***ing insight right there. What have you found out about the wetness of water? Is that still a thing?
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#43PezofpowerPosted 11/13/2012 2:17:04 PM
GunningSoul posted...
KaneOfShadows posted...
GunningSoul posted...
KaneOfShadows posted...
it's a dead horse because you idiots keep shelling out $60 for a multiplayer you already bought years ago.

This multiplayer usually comes with a plethora of new guns, new modes, new maps and a new campain. It's as much of a game sequel as any game franchise. How is any other game's multiplayer not also a dead horse?

Keep telling yourself that you're paying $60 for features that any other franchise wouldn't release in a cheaper DLC.

Oh, you know of a franchise that adds whole new campains, gameplay modes and weapons as DLC? Please, share the goodness with me, I'd really like to know which awesome game franchise does a thing like this. Please name examples, instead of vague references.

Dragon Age:Awakening.
---
#44CapwnDPosted 11/13/2012 2:21:10 PM
MW3 Used assets from MW1

They could all legitimately be expansions of the first modern warfare, and people who aren't game savvy flock to it because they want the "real shooter" experience.
It's financial success is wanted by so many game developers shooters have been dulled down so they feel more like CoD.

I'm not mad because People like it, I'm mad because it along with world of warcraft ruins games because of casuals.

Just when I think I've already read the maximum amount of ignorance, somebody makes a post like this.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#45m4sturch33fPosted 11/13/2012 2:26:14 PM
CaPwnD posted...
MW3 Used assets from MW1

Just when I think I've already read the maximum amount of ignorance, somebody makes a post like this.

Yeah, label anything you can't make a legit response to as 'ignorant'. Excellent display of intelligence kid.
#46PezofpowerPosted 11/13/2012 2:27:49 PM
CaPwnD posted...
MW3 Used assets from MW1

How is it ignorant? It's the truth. You compare the difficulty of today's game to the difficulty of a generous 5 years ago and all the same basic concepts keep coming up.
Skyrim wasn't even that great compared to it's predecessors in terms of deep character progression and real choices. WoW is the same way, It's 15 million player high point ruined the MMO scene as a whole. With the exceptions of FFXI and FFXIV everything is the same hotbar, class basis and combat system. Modern Warfare was a solid game, but it should of died there. Now CoD is a phenomena of casuals and unfortunately conveys to game companies that if they all make shovelware similar to what is successful they will keep making the money of their predecessors and it's working.
---
#47darkharePosted 11/13/2012 2:32:21 PM
Call of Duty is imo the christianity of gaming, it wants to take over and influence every game in every genre but if anyone says anything about them doing this suddenly they start crying "why is everyone picking on us". the appologists crying about the game being picked on, are just the social gamers that dont know anything better.
---
We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents.
#48WinternovaPosted 11/13/2012 2:32:33 PM
Pezofpower posted...
How is it ignorant? It's the truth. You compare the difficulty of today's game to the difficulty of a generous 5 years ago and all the same basic concepts keep coming up.
Skyrim wasn't even that great compared to it's predecessors in terms of deep character progression and real choices. WoW is the same way, It's 15 million player high point ruined the MMO scene as a whole. With the exceptions of FFXI and FFXIV everything is the same hotbar, class basis and combat system. Modern Warfare was a solid game, but it should of died there. Now CoD is a phenomena of casuals and unfortunately conveys to game companies that if they all make shovelware similar to what is successful they will keep making the money of their predecessors and it's working.

Skyrim got rid of the useless stats and made everything more meaningful. The one thing I miss is the spellcrafting.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#49Deathx113Posted 11/13/2012 2:35:38 PM
I don't hate CoD, it is just too repetitive to buy every single year.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#50PezofpowerPosted 11/13/2012 2:38:20 PM(edited)
Winternova posted...
Pezofpower posted...

Skyrim got rid of the useless stats and made everything more meaningful. The one thing I miss is the spellcrafting.

Sorry but being able to invest 1 point into a tree and reap the best benefits it has to offer is terrible game design in an RPG. A good example of this is stealth where the first point gives you 20% sneak and points 2-5 give you 5. Why would I ever invest into anything beyond that first point? Some stats were meaningless, but now I feel there isn't a choice I could make in skyrim that has any real consequence, save Scuming aside.
---