This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People hate on CoD for hate's sake.

#51KevoCSCSPosted 11/13/2012 2:38:41 PM
None of the Call of Duty games are bad, they're just derivative. Whenever I play them I get a shallow feeling like I've already played this game before.

I do give props to Black Ops II for at least changing the setting to a futuristic one though.
#52VentwigPosted 11/13/2012 2:43:50 PM
No, not really.
I just hate it because I don't like it, and I feel they are many better games (in my opinion) that deserve the spotlight but aren't getting it.

I know it's a fun party game with friends (and i mean split screen stuff where you can punch whoever just killed you), but i dont hate it for attention or because im trying to feel stronger or anything. I dont even really hate it. I just dont like it, is that so wrong?
---
--- Official Turtwig of the Kingdom Hearts 3D Boards
Pie is yummy. And Kingdom Hearts is fun.
#53BlueJester007Posted 11/13/2012 2:45:25 PM
Let's take the derivative of e^x

Y'=e^x

*gasp* It's the same thing??!!

What happens if we take the second derivative?

Y''=e^x

It's the same thing again??
---
Sig'd --vigorm0rtis
#54builder111Posted 11/13/2012 2:47:38 PM
actually i was once a really big CoD fan

i hate it now because they have not made any advances. they could have made a new shiny engine so it actually looks like it belongs in 2012 but no why bother when people will still buy the same old crap.

if Bethesda can go from Oblivion to Skyrim there's no reason this money-maker couldn't upgrade their engine they just don't care enough to do it.
#55kirusuPosted 11/13/2012 2:55:53 PM
lol these topics never get old. i need a bag of chips to laugh at this idiocy. i wonder why you guys dont b**** like this when mario comes out?
---
i never laughed soo much in my life
#56Logical_OnePosted 11/13/2012 3:10:43 PM
BlueJester007 posted...

Y'=e^x

Y''=e^x

Let's not overlook the fact that e^x (exponential) is one of the most important and USEFUL functions in mathematics and engineering...

Your point was?
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#57Deathx113Posted 11/13/2012 3:13:24 PM
BlueJester007 posted...

Y'=e^x

Y''=e^x

I hated calc. It didn't help that I was the only kid who took it so I was all alone.. >__>
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#58CapwnDPosted 11/13/2012 3:16:58 PM
Yeah, label anything you can't make a legit response to as 'ignorant'. Excellent display of intelligence kid.

Respond to it? These people don't want a response. It's been said over and over. They act like elitists who put down other gamers because these ignorant people think that they are right and nothing me or anybody else says is going to make a difference.

And you can gtfo out with your little "kids" remark. That just makes my comment all that much more true.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#59phillyeagles123Posted 11/13/2012 3:18:52 PM
Luthor_ posted...
KaneOfShadows posted...
it's a dead horse because you idiots keep shelling out $60 for a multiplayer you already bought years ago.

Nope.

New guns.

New maps.

New visuals.

New campaign.

New class systems.

New kill streaks.

New lots of s***

Nope.

Reskinned guns from previous games.

Recycled maps from campaign.

Same graphics every year.

COD campaign isn't even worth playing.

I wouldn't say new class system, but revamped.

Same killstreaks, different skin.

Yeah, really new and innovative right there.
#60untouchable010Posted 11/13/2012 3:27:13 PM
My problem with sequels are when they feel exactly like the previous game in the series. I like to feel like I'm playing something new and worth the money I used to buy it. I like to play the main entries in the Assassin's Creed series but avoided Revelations and Brotherhood, wanting to avoid feeling like I played an expansion pack.

That's how I view the Call of Duty games after Call of Duty 4, they all feel exactly like that one that set the bar. All full of explosions and crazy stuff going on constantly. No new engine, just updating it. Same gameplay, reload animations look the same, guns usually pretty similar or the same, etc.

Black Ops did go for a different setting and that's great. Animations look good, too. Graphics engine is the same, though.

I actually enjoyed the campaign in Battlefield 3 and Medal of Honor Warfighter because it uses a new engine, with incredible audio and graphics. Sure, the gameplay is similar with any warfare FPS, but it still feels innovative and new because it's using that different game engine and tries to evolve everything.
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings.