This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People hate on CoD for hate's sake.

#61BlueJester007Posted 11/13/2012 3:30:48 PM
Logical_One posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
Let's take the derivative of e^x

Y'=e^x

*gasp* It's the same thing??!!

What happens if we take the second derivative?

Y''=e^x

It's the same thing again??

Let's not overlook the fact that e^x (exponential) is one of the most important and USEFUL functions in mathematics and engineering...

Your point was?

Why, yes. It is one of the most useful. But let's not overlook all the other functions that actually give you something else when their derivative is taken.

x^2 gives you 2x. A little generic, but at least it is more than just x^2+1 or something of that nature.

What about ln(x)?

It's derivative is 1/x. Wow. That is drastically different. I was expecting another logarithm or something. But I got something completely different.

What about 2^x?

That's interesting. It gives you 2^xlog(2). It expands on the original.

(By the way, thanks for actually responding to my mathematical post. People here seem to ignore these posts for some unknown reason.)
---
Sig'd --vigorm0rtis
#62CollegeDevilPosted 11/13/2012 3:34:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#63Delta_F14Posted 11/13/2012 3:35:57 PM
people hate on COD because other good game developers try to copy it's "success"
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#64CollegeDevilPosted 11/13/2012 3:36:22 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
Logical_One posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
Math Stuffs

This mathematical metaphor is interesting; please keep it going.
---
Zero Stones! Zero Crates!
#65Surv1valismPosted 11/13/2012 3:40:13 PM
No i pretty much hate it because its a slight change everytime. it's for twitchy little add kids and takes 0 skill.
Also making posts about how lame it is to hate CoD are just as frequent and just as lame.
---
GT: IAstro ZombieI ( i's)
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#66Lewis_BlackPosted 11/13/2012 3:41:25 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
(By the way, thanks for actually responding to my mathematical post. People here seem to ignore these posts for some unknown reason.)

Because math is for nerds. Nerd.

(Just kidding. I am a comedian after all.)
---
I'm the greatest ****er here! And you sniveling ****s would die without me! Ahahaha!
#67pothocketPosted 11/13/2012 3:55:00 PM
Surv1valism posted...
No i pretty much hate it because its a slight change everytime. it's for twitchy little add kids and takes 0 skill.
Also making posts about how lame it is to hate CoD are just as frequent and just as lame.

Exactly. The only "skill" you need is reaction time. The only "tactic" you need is camping because it increases your odds of reacting first.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#68AsucaHayashiPosted 11/13/2012 3:57:35 PM
I refuse to pool money towards a series of games whose company has done their fair share of driving the gaming industry towards an increasingly negative position.

the quality of the game is pretty much irrelevant.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#69PezofpowerPosted 11/13/2012 4:05:46 PM
CaPwnD posted...
Yeah, label anything you can't make a legit response to as 'ignorant'. Excellent display of intelligence kid.

Respond to it? These people don't want a response. It's been said over and over. They act like elitists who put down other gamers because these ignorant people think that they are right and nothing me or anybody else says is going to make a difference.

And you can gtfo out with your little "kids" remark. That just makes my comment all that much more true.

I'm not even attempting to demean you or what you are. If you are a casual gamer that just so happens to be what the scope of your relationship with video games is.
However; I do have a problem with the market shifting towards casual appeal. I don't find video games challenging anymore because it's "too hard or inaccessible" to people with less time than me. Video Gaming is my hobby and casual gamers ruin it by creating market trends that aren't to the benefit of the people who actually care at the end of the day. Call of Duty is a huge contributor to this effect. So is any WoW element beyond the scope of Vanilla WoW.
---
PSN:Pezofpower
#70Logical_OnePosted 11/13/2012 4:23:15 PM
NP lol--I didn't go through an mechanical engineering undergrad to ignore math...
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3