This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People hate on CoD for hate's sake.

#71CapwnDPosted 11/13/2012 3:25:38 PM(edited)
I'm not even attempting to demean you or what you are.

Well isn't that swell of you. You make these broad statements like "CoD isn't for gamers, it's for bros who like to say they're gamers " and play the Monday morning Arm chair quarterback snot nosed wanna be analyst trying to tell the gaming community what it is to be a gamer. You blame COD for your own problems with games these days. Well good luck with that.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#72DxZ99Posted 11/13/2012 3:29:25 PM
Simply put. Once upon a time CoD was for me, now I'm not interested in the direction the franchise is going. I only hate MW2, haven't played anything after. No hard feelings.
#73natevinesPosted 11/13/2012 3:32:30 PM
To me, Halo is old hat. I don't understand why people keep shelling out more for it. Halo 4 felt like every other Halo to me with a graphical update. Not sure what the big deal is. But I respect the fact that others like it, just respect the fact that I like CoD.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#74Surv1valismPosted 11/13/2012 3:40:39 PM
^I Honestly believe you have no grip on reality, they change armor abilies and more every game to make it a little diffrent...as opposed to yep, new guns that are all basically the same and new maps to camp on...
---
GT: IAstro ZombieI ( i's)
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#75PezofpowerPosted 11/13/2012 3:48:44 PM
CaPwnD posted...
I'm not even attempting to demean you or what you are.

Well isn't that swell of you. You make these broad statements like "CoD isn't for gamers, it's for bros who like to say they're gamers " and play the Monday morning Arm chair quarterback snot nosed wanna be analyst trying to tell the gaming community what it is to be a gamer. You blame COD for your own problems with games these days. Well good luck with that.

I'm not alone on this topic. There are boatloads of people who feel similarly to me. CoD has destroyed what gaming used to be. When it comes to that topic specifically as a CoD enthusiast you are in a minority.
I'm not up for discussing "What it means to be a gamer." Because language is an interpreted concept, fact of the matter is however; the vast majority of people who do play Call of Duty do not play any other video games. Knowing how to cook a single dish does not make one a chef. Similar idea.
---
PSN:Pezofpower
#76CapwnDPosted 11/13/2012 3:56:51 PM
fact of the matter is however; the vast majority of people who do play Call of Duty do not play any other video games.

And that makes them "not a gamer" in your eyes. Yes, I understand what you meant the first time you said it.

That is an elitist way to look at gaming, and I am embarrassed by people like you.

I'm not alone on this topic. There are boatloads of people who feel similarly to me.

I know. There's many in this topic. Saying that COD is what is wrong with gaming today and putting down those that like COD.

All I am saying is that it's disgusting to see, especially when it's people that I like saying these things. I'm sorry you feel the way you feel, maybe some day you will realize that your views are not so special, that there is a whole world of views and a whole world of games out there, and that you don't have to like them all but perhaps have some respect for the people who do.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#77OmegaFlare18Posted 11/13/2012 4:00:23 PM
Hm, no, I don't hate Call of Duty. I think they're well-polished campaigns with the whole "spectacle" stuff being better handled than other similar campaigns, zombies is fun and the multiplayer is pretty feature-rich and robust.

I don't like Call of Duty cause I'm sick of seeing it over and over. Toronto Globe and Mail used the analogy of eating nothing but steak and wanting something else to eat and that's how I feel as well. They're not god-awful games that deserves 4/10's but this series really needs a break
---
PSN: MachineHero09
Steam ID: mystr_E
#78natevinesPosted 11/13/2012 4:06:21 PM
Surv1valism posted...
^I Honestly believe you have no grip on reality, they change armor abilies and more every game to make it a little diffrent...as opposed to yep, new guns that are all basically the same and new maps to camp on...

LOL are you serious? That's all you can muster? 'They change armor abilities'? So? CoD changes perks, killstreaks, etc. The core Halo gameplay is identical, just like it is between CoD iterations.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#79Surv1valismPosted 11/13/2012 4:10:47 PM
Yet the perks kilstreaks etc....all do the same thing and change very little, I dont need to "muster" anything to prove CoD is just a slight rehash every year.
---
GT: IAstro ZombieI ( i's)
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#80PezofpowerPosted 11/13/2012 4:14:05 PM
We'll just have to disagree I guess.
When all the games have the ease and complexity of farmville I'll know who to thank.
---
PSN:Pezofpower