This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People hate on CoD for hate's sake.

#81jakethenoobPosted 11/13/2012 5:25:11 PM
There's plenty of reasons to hate on CoD besides the fact that it's popular. People just say that's the only reason so they can pretend it's not a mediocre series with lousy multiplayer.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#82Marvel ManPosted 11/13/2012 5:29:29 PM
Can we just make this a sticky?

I really don't care about the series but I hate the effect COD has on gaming. Halo 4's MP is a joke because it tried to emulate CoD, forgetting that it's NOT CoD.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
#83m4sturch33fPosted 11/13/2012 5:31:59 PM
CaPwnD posted...
fact of the matter is however; the vast majority of people who do play Call of Duty do not play any other video games.

And that makes them "not a gamer" in your eyes. Yes, I understand what you meant the first time you said it.

That is an elitist way to look at gaming, and I am embarrassed by people like you.

I'm not alone on this topic. There are boatloads of people who feel similarly to me.

I know. There's many in this topic. Saying that COD is what is wrong with gaming today and putting down those that like COD.

All I am saying is that it's disgusting to see, especially when it's people that I like saying these things. I'm sorry you feel the way you feel, maybe some day you will realize that your views are not so special, that there is a whole world of views and a whole world of games out there, and that you don't have to like them all but perhaps have some respect for the people who do.

It's disgusting to see that you can't comprehend the negative impact COD is making on the game market. The only thing you are really defending at this point is the stagnation of gaming.
#84Shishio07Posted 11/13/2012 6:01:06 PM
I hate on any FPS because every person who loves them says RPGs are boring because you do the same thing over and over, which baffles me because how is that different from shooting something over and over. RPGs at least have a story, as opposed to point, shoot, repeat. Now I know the single player campaign's do have stories but I have never seen anyone play the single player campaign of an FPS EVER!
#85GunningSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 6:24:19 PM
Gaming is stagnating... because before it wasnt.
The blatant blindness of nostalgia is at work, and it does admirable work.

What stagnation, are you joking? Stagnation as in what? That now gaming is a stale and grey world of unoriginality, and that before it was a colorful wonderland of innovation and creativity? The so-called golden age of gaming was marred with platformers and five hours long games, yet you do not complain about these being short or copying the popular formula of their time. What the hell do you want to play that there isnt nowadays, you baboon?

Does every game out there copy Call of Duty, is that what you pretend to say? Do you even know how many first-person shooters were released last year? Make an uneducated estimate, just to see? What's that, a billion millions? Not exactly, the number is around 20. And what about this year, 9!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first-person_shooters

Your cynicism is digusting and so completly shut off from reality. If there is something here that is dying, it's not this industry. No, it's you, inside. Gaming is as fun as before, and for every game that you nostagicly hold up to the heavens like a shining beacon of perfection, there is a modern counterpart that is just as fun and ingenious. You may want to consider leaving the bias for the golden past behind when grabbing a controller, so you wont moan that it's surprisingly not akin to Donkey Kong Contry when you shoot people in the face. And otherwise, why do you even bother?
---
The things of me? Well I am tolding you;
I have turned into very funny, ha ha ha!!
#86ChaosSanctumPosted 11/13/2012 6:39:09 PM
Well now... There's a cornucopia of reasons not to like CoD. None of which imo have to do with it being a trite waste of time, the same every year, and 'ruining gaming'. Sure all of that is true, but it's not why I hate it. I dislike it because IT'S BORING. The campaigns are dull as dishwater, and if I have to be called a 'fa***t albino nig**r or a retar*' by some backwards little kid on the internet; I'd prefer to at least play a game that's fun. BLOPS/2 the campaigns weren't as bad as say the MW series, but they're still boring. The multiplayer is rinse/repeat, and the community is simply atrocious. As for why people don't b***h about say, a new Mario is because, Mario is non-competitive. You chill, you play it, you're done. You don't get online and screamed at for not wasting your whole life playing it.

Being 'good' in CoD is knowing the maps. Where to camp, where enemies spawn, where barrels/cars/etc. are so you can chuck nades at 'em from wherever, where's a good place to hide, etc. It's nowhere near the same thing as being 'good' at Soul Calibur. Sure people can win [usually even alot and have pretty impressive w/l records] by spamming, throw-whoring, ring-outting, whathaveyou, but they're still not 'good'. They can't hit the justs, they can't impact, so on and so forth, but win or lose; IT'S FUN, and you've got no one yelling at you besides yourself if you lose.

You enjoy CoD, then hey that's great play what you want, but don't get mad at others for having the opinion that it's a terrible piece of shi*. Most people who play CoD are casual gamers; they don't wanna sit down and dump 60 hours into some JRPG about anime-guy1 and anime-guy2 both being in love with anime-girl420 while they do magic and fly giant robots and shi*. Personally, I love it, but that's me.
#87digitalwill2000Posted 11/13/2012 6:41:55 PM
The easiest way to unite people is through hate.

Subconciously people follow this trend. Of course, there are many enigmas who arent susceptable to peer pressure or need to have their thoughts dictated for them, like me.
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#88m4sturch33fPosted 11/13/2012 7:23:13 PM
GunningSoul posted...

What stagnation, are you joking? Stagnation as in what? That now gaming is a stale and grey world of unoriginality, and that before it was a colorful wonderland of innovation and creativity? The so-called golden age of gaming was marred with platformers and five hours long games, yet you do not complain about these being short or copying the popular formula of their time. What the hell do you want to play that there isnt nowadays, you baboon?

Does every game out there copy Call of Duty, is that what you pretend to say? Do you even know how many first-person shooters were released last year? Make an uneducated estimate, just to see? What's that, a billion millions? Not exactly, the number is around 20. And what about this year, 9!

Your cynicism is digusting and so completly shut off from reality. If there is something here that is dying, it's not this industry. No, it's you, inside. Gaming is as fun as before, and for every game that you nostagicly hold up to the heavens like a shining beacon of perfection, there is a modern counterpart that is just as fun and ingenious. You may want to consider leaving the bias for the golden past behind when grabbing a controller, so you wont moan that it's surprisingly not akin to Donkey Kong Contry when you shoot people in the face. And otherwise, why do you even bother?

Check out this kid avoiding the topic of COD pumping out the same game with a different name. That's stagnation, brogamer.

And yeah, the market wasn't stagnant, back in the day; there were new mechanics, methods of progression story/character wise etc in pretty much every game on the market and it was that way until casual scrubs like you demanded less complexity in games and more run and gun drooling action. Then they caught on that you guys would buy any installment with the title on the box.

Still having a hard time comprehending the history of gaming, baboon?
#89CapwnDPosted 11/13/2012 7:27:30 PM
We'll just have to disagree I guess.
When all the games have the ease and complexity of farmville I'll know who to thank.

Well since I buy two copies of many MP games, I'll pretend that my second copy of BLOPS 2 was for you. Just so you can feel like you contributed too.

Of course, the $80 limited edition is the game I'll have bought in your name.
---
Thrash Zone
#90PezofpowerPosted 11/13/2012 7:27:54 PM
GunningSoul posted...

Mass Effect, was painfully hindered by CoD's populairty. The first game was a beautiful RPG with Shooter elements where stats were more important than how amazing you were at shooting. Then when CoD picked up right around ME2 It became the first iteration of A headshot fest with some RPG elements. ME3, Ending nonsense aside, was an even further departure from the first game. Complete Genre shifts to attract a new crowd is a real issue. This isn't nostalgia this is literally changing gameplay because of the CoD phenomina.
---
PSN:Pezofpower