This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People hate on CoD for hate's sake.

#91PezofpowerPosted 11/13/2012 6:31:03 PM
CaPwnD posted...
We'll just have to disagree I guess.
When all the games have the ease and complexity of farmville I'll know who to thank.

Well since I buy two copies of many MP games, I'll pretend that my second copy of BLOPS 2 was for you. Just so you can feel like you contributed too.

Of course, the $80 limited edition is the game I'll have bought in your name.

Pics or it ddn't happen.
---
PSN:Pezofpower
#92CapwnDPosted 11/13/2012 6:49:40 PM
CaPwnD posted...
We'll just have to disagree I guess.
When all the games have the ease and complexity of farmville I'll know who to thank.

Well since I buy two copies of many MP games, I'll pretend that my second copy of BLOPS 2 was for you. Just so you can feel like you contributed too.

Of course, the $80 limited edition is the game I'll have bought in your name.

Pics or it ddn't happen.

Sure. You'll have to wait though, Just got home and opened my first copy of the game. Second copy won't be here till next week, walmart is slow. But that's the limited edition version.
---
Thrash Zone
#93GunningSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 7:21:48 PM
m4sturch33f posted...

Check out this kid avoiding the topic of COD pumping out the same game with a different name. That's stagnation, brogamer.

First of all, it's not the same game. Had you played any CoD recently, you would see the difference. Or at least, it's as much the same game from one to another as is any other game franchise. Halo 4, by your logic, is just Halo 3. Borderlands 2 is just Borderlands. Skyrim is just Oblivion, and so on. Guess what? Nintendo, the mighty overlords of all innovations, are doing just as much the same game with every new Mario and Zelda as CoD.

YOU can choose to ignore that each CoD come with a new campain, weapons and modes. You can also choose to ignore how Black Ops 2 is trying to innovate it's own formula by bringing the game to an altogheter new futuristic setting, reworking the multiplayer and bringing a bunch of new modes to the table. THIS is the novelty you so adamantly ask for, is it not visible enough for your eyes? If this is still the same game to you, then you need to check your grip on reality and the way you perceive it in such a flawed and limited way.

I am not a brogamer, and I do not believe that some of my tastes should be enough to define the kind of man I am. But thanks for the labeling, it's great to know that even today we can be judged negatively for the video games that we enjoy.

And yeah, the market wasn't stagnant, back in the day; there were new mechanics, methods of progression story/character wise etc in pretty much every game on the market and it was that way until casual scrubs like you demanded less complexity in games and more run and gun drooling action. Then they caught on that you guys would buy any installment with the title on the box.

Still having a hard time comprehending the history of gaming, baboon?

You know what, screw you. I am sincerely glad that you feel this industry is forsaking you and giving you less and less to enjoy about it. In the long run, you will be disgusted by it and will abandon gaming altogheter, good riddance.

In the meanwhile, I'll still enjoy my gaming, ranging from Fez to Call of Duty, without forgetting great immersive open-world RPGS like Fallout, metroidvenia games like the Castlevanias, ambiance-driven shooters like Bioshock, a few fighting game there and there, sprinkle it with some magical little games like Limbo, there! It's a pastime, not a freaking job. I'm having fun and it's all that matters.
---
The things of me? Well I am tolding you;
I have turned into very funny, ha ha ha!!
#94link0316Posted 11/13/2012 7:24:17 PM
People hate on CoD for hate's sake.

Same with any other popular game on the market.
---
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2
#95PezofpowerPosted 11/13/2012 8:03:59 PM
You failed to address my assertion Gunning. Where's your logic there? Why is that acceptable?
---
#96GunningSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 8:12:45 PM
Pezofpower posted...
You failed to address my assertion Gunning. Where's your logic there? Why is that acceptable?

It is not more or less acceptable for Call of Duty than it is for other franchises. If you dislike CoDs repetition, then be consequent and dislike Zelda's, Mario's, Halo's or any other franchise's repetition. Anything else is double standards.
---
#97LethalbuttersPosted 11/13/2012 8:18:21 PM
Cod whatever's new: new maps, new guns, updated Zoms

Halo 4: more maps, new story, updated Forge, new mode (forget what it's called) new enemies, new guns

Skyrim: New world, new ai, new weapons, new story, new choices, new spells/weapons, new level system, updated map, updated inventory.

Assassins creed 3: new story, new World, Updated combat, Brand New stealth, Brand New hunting, new assassinations, characters, amazing backstory, able to climb trees.

This is why.
---
It won't budge.
#98WinternovaPosted 11/13/2012 8:27:21 PM
Pezofpower posted...
Mass Effect, was painfully hindered by CoD's populairty. The first game was a beautiful RPG with Shooter elements where stats were more important than how amazing you were at shooting. Then when CoD picked up right around ME2 It became the first iteration of A headshot fest with some RPG elements. ME3, Ending nonsense aside, was an even further departure from the first game. Complete Genre shifts to attract a new crowd is a real issue. This isn't nostalgia this is literally changing gameplay because of the CoD phenomina.

The first Mass Effect was good, but, honestly, how important is an extra 2% of pistol damage when you level up? And the inventory was massively upgraded as well - while there were a ton of armors in ME1, I only ever really wore 2 or 3 a playthrough...there was the best armors and everything else was just sold off. Hell on my last playthrough that I completed last week I had 9,999,999 credits because of all the useless stuff I sold. Mass Effect 2 distilled the game into its best components (except for getting rid of the Mako...I never saw the reason why people complained about it, I could make that thing go ANYWHERE) and Mass Effect 3 made it even better with the addition of the Multiplayer (which I have played for over 300 hours now, according to Bioware's stats). It wasn't hindered by Call of Duty, it was PERFECTED over the years. The original game, while a favorite of mine, is painfully dated.

If you prefer Mass Effect to its sequels, I suggest picking up Alpha Protocol. Alpha Protocol is stat driven, not "shooter-based" and has excellent plot choices. It is an overlooked gem because the shooting is sub-par due to its reliance on statistics.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#99PezofpowerPosted 11/13/2012 8:29:36 PM
GunningSoul posted...
Pezofpower posted...

It is not more or less acceptable for Call of Duty than it is for other franchises. If you dislike CoDs repetition, then be consequent and dislike Zelda's, Mario's, Halo's or any other franchise's repetition. Anything else is double standards.

I'm not disputing CoD on the basis of game design other than it's blatant simplicity and how it Impacts the games I actually care about. The fact it is repetitive is inconsequential, it's the casual nature of the game itself not the features and how that bleeds into other genre's and series simply because it sells, that I take issue with. I don't play the game because I don't like what it has to offer. I hate the game because It ruins other games by creating trends brought on by it's model. Mario and Donkey Kong Didn't ruin Halo, Call of Duty did, If there had been a game where I felt it was the case my animosity would be just the same. I've said it before, Modern Warfare was great and then World at War came out and caused the market shift I keep referring to and now It's becoming a problem.
---
#100GunningSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 8:33:05 PM
Lethalbutters posted...
Cod whatever's new: new maps, new guns, updated Zoms

Halo 4: more maps, new story, updated Forge, new mode (forget what it's called) new enemies, new guns

This is why.

Actually, that's not it. Black Ops 2 is brings just as much more to the table as Halo 4.

Black Ops 2 also has
More maps, new story, new modes (actually, two new zombie modes, strike force missions and a revised multiplayer leveling system) new enemies and new guns.
It even comes with a different and new setting, a technologically-advanced future.

So, Halo 4 gets a pass for the same reasons Black Ops 2 that get one. How is this not bias?
---