This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now that the video game industry is mature....

#1levyjl1988Posted 11/14/2012 5:32:48 PM
Can we get an HD remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day?

I'm sick of seeing censorship on the games I purchase.
We have seen already games with alien sex, hookers, bloody dismemberment, violence against police officials, crude language. But all in all those are just social issues. And it's kinda getting old. These things are only necessary if it propels the narrative forward or it contributes to the games intent. I just want to revisit classic games. It was real sad to see Microsoft bend over to soccer moms by reducing avatar gun weapons to nerf toys... on avatars. Sure it isn't a big deal but it just shows what step Microsoft is taking in the video game direction.

There is an ESRB rating for games now. If anything parents should be educated if they want to know what to show or not to show to kids.

With that I want a remake of Conker's bad fur day.
---
PKMN B2 FC: 1034 9038 3436
#2Bat178Posted 11/14/2012 5:43:35 PM(edited)
There was suppose to be a sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day called Conker's Other Bad Fur Day, but Microsoft cancelled it in 2008. They already did a remake of BFD on the original Xbox, Live and Reloaded, but they ended up censoring it and gave it a worse multiplayer.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#3Rishah0078Posted 11/14/2012 6:09:04 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
Can we get an HD remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day?

I'm sick of seeing censorship on the games I purchase.
We have seen already games with alien sex, hookers, bloody dismemberment, violence against police officials, crude language. But all in all those are just social issues. And it's kinda getting old. These things are only necessary if it propels the narrative forward or it contributes to the games intent. I just want to revisit classic games. It was real sad to see Microsoft bend over to soccer moms by reducing avatar gun weapons to nerf toys... on avatars. Sure it isn't a big deal but it just shows what step Microsoft is taking in the video game direction.

There is an ESRB rating for games now. If anything parents should be educated if they want to know what to show or not to show to kids.

With that I want a remake of Conker's bad fur day.

The bolded text makes games mature?
#4beautifuldreamsPosted 11/14/2012 6:12:01 PM
i hate it when we can't kill children in games where you can kill pretty much everything else. one of my biggest pet peaves
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#5Optimus_ConvoyPosted 11/14/2012 7:00:26 PM
beautifuldreams posted...
i hate it when we can't kill children in games where you can kill pretty much everything else. one of my biggest pet peaves

No idea why you would want to, but whatever floats your boat.
Isn't the "Adoring Fan" in Oblivion a child? I always considered him to be.
---
Best band you've never heard of? GIANT SQUID
#6randomweirdoPosted 11/14/2012 10:37:22 PM
levyjl1988 posted...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

You sure expect a lot from the lazy parents these days. They won't bother to take a few minutes to read even a tiny bit about what their kids do, but damn they sure will complain when their kid gets into something they shouldn't.

I do customer support and I have actually had parents say that it is the company I work for's responsibility to monitor their kid when using our service. And it is our responsibility also to monitor and prevent their purchases and basically somehow magically know what the parent wishes. Never mind that the parent couldn't take a couple of minutes to monitor the kid signing up for their account and the kid lied and said they were 18 to avoid having to deal with parental controls.

And when I worked retail there were quite a few parents who thought it was the job of the employees to babysit their kids. Screw that, retail workers aren't paid enough to babysit on top of what their job duties are.

Nah, ESRB does little good until parents start being parents again and stop depending on everyone else in the world to raise their kid to their wishes.
#7TheBlueStigPosted 11/14/2012 11:09:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8TheBlueStigPosted 11/14/2012 11:16:02 PM
levyjl1988 posted...

Expecting most parents to educate themselves on those ratings is an exercise in futility, they expect TV shows and videogames to be their babysitters while they spend time being an absentee parent.

Those ratings are completely useless because they've been bogged down by completely spineless idiots who feel the need to warn people of every f***ing thing under the sun. There's even a warning for "Comic Mischief". The definition on the ESRB's site is the following....

Comic Mischief - Depictions or dialogue involving slapstick or suggestive humor

People actually have to be warned that there might be something funny happening....F***ING SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

That's like the beginning of Robocop 2 where they added a load of crap to his prime directives and it shorted out his brain.

That's what's happening to the brains of soccer moms world wide, they've added so much spineless politically correct crap to their brains that it's shorted them out.
#9CapwnDPosted 11/14/2012 11:31:33 PM
AARP Online: Cane Swinging Tower Defense
---
Thrash Zone