This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo 4 snubbed by Spike's VGAs, does not get nominated for Game of the Year

#101FirelanderXPosted 11/15/2012 9:25:51 PM
LotrMorgoth posted...
at the risk of angering the board,

halo 4 was a great game but by no means anyone's GOTY. despite the great advances it made for the series, at the end of the day we've seen this before and there are other games that stand out more.

This.

Personally, Walking Dead is my GOTY. Halo 4 had a short campaign, uninspired multiplayer with exploits (Complex), and a qte for a final boss fight. It still A good game, just not GOTY material.
---
Gamertag: FirelanderX
#102PsyrenCallPosted 11/15/2012 9:55:27 PM
I'm sure it's been said, but the game is a couple of weeks old, if this was for the Oscars, it wouldn't be in the running at all.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#103TheBlueStigPosted 11/15/2012 10:36:03 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
I'm sure it's been said, but the game is a couple of weeks old, if this was for the Oscars, it wouldn't be in the running at all.

Everything released this year is a competitor for any of the 80+ goty awards out there, none of which means anything because there's always differences in the awards list based on who's giving out the awards.
#104PsyrenCallPosted 11/15/2012 11:16:07 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
PsyrenCall posted...

Everything released this year is a competitor for any of the 80+ goty awards out there, none of which means anything because there's always differences in the awards list based on who's giving out the awards.

Most GOTY awards go at the end of December to early January and aren't as complicated as the festering pile of guano that is the Spike VGAs. There has to be a cut off.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#105CapwnDPosted 11/15/2012 11:51:58 PM
PsyrenCall dont' bother trying to clarify TheBlueStig's posts.... he's perpetually a bit off.

Just lean to the left when you read his posts, and it will make sense. it's like watching the old Batman shows. Don't know why, but when he posts, it's always leaning at an awkward angle.
---
Thrash Zone
#106BingSanpaoPosted 11/16/2012 2:03:19 AM
Spartangod777 posted...
Where is Borderlands 2?
#107FenriswolfPosted 11/16/2012 3:42:06 AM
FirelanderX posted...
LotrMorgoth posted...

halo 4 was a great game but by no means anyone's GOTY. despite the great advances it made for the series, at the end of the day we've seen this before and there are other games that stand out more.

This.

Personally, Walking Dead is my GOTY. Halo 4 had a short campaign, uninspired multiplayer with exploits (Complex), and a qte for a final boss fight. It still A good game, just not GOTY material.

And Assassin's Creed 3 and Mass Effect 3 are totally refreshing and original? AC3 was trashed by reviewers and players alike for its simplified combat and bugs, and Bioware had to patched ME3 as result of the ending outcry.
---
Hello
#108iceman505Posted 11/16/2012 5:16:24 AM
LotrMorgoth posted...

It's my GOTY, so you're wrong right off the bat. Please, do tell the other games that stand out more. I'm gonna laugh if you say COD 11, or is it up to number 12 now?
#109HMXTaylor_LeePosted 11/16/2012 6:06:16 AM
Max Payne 3 had better win the "Best Song" Category.

That bit in the airport was positively euphoric, and the hard-cut from the neon-hazed sunset to the credits with the pulsing Max Payne 3 logo with that song playing...

It was awesome.
#110SunDevil77Posted 11/16/2012 6:57:39 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
FirelanderX posted...
LotrMorgoth posted...

This.

And Assassin's Creed 3 and Mass Effect 3 are totally refreshing and original? AC3 was trashed by reviewers and players alike for its simplified combat and bugs, and Bioware had to patched ME3 as result of the ending outcry.

Assassins Creed 3 was trashed? This is news to me.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.