This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo 4 snubbed by Spike's VGAs, does not get nominated for Game of the Year

#111BingSanpaoPosted 11/16/2012 5:59:05 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
FirelanderX posted...
LotrMorgoth posted...
at the risk of angering the board,

halo 4 was a great game but by no means anyone's GOTY. despite the great advances it made for the series, at the end of the day we've seen this before and there are other games that stand out more.

This.

Personally, Walking Dead is my GOTY. Halo 4 had a short campaign, uninspired multiplayer with exploits (Complex), and a qte for a final boss fight. It still A good game, just not GOTY material.

And Assassin's Creed 3 and Mass Effect 3 are totally refreshing and original? AC3 was trashed by reviewers and players alike for its simplified combat and bugs, and Bioware had to patched ME3 as result of the ending outcry.

Assassins Creed 3 was trashed? This is news to me.

Well it's at least 3 points below Halo on metacritic. It's clearly inferior.
#112Shy420Posted 11/16/2012 6:11:26 AM
This may come as news but the VGA are little more than a gaming guide for parents as to what's hot for the holiday season. Halo 4 may not win any ahem "awards" but I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of it.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#113Shovel_Break(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 6:55:03 PM
Should still be a good show :)
---
dont stop get it get it - shovel_break :)
^ the only inspirationel guote you need in life
#114SunDevil77Posted 11/16/2012 6:57:41 PM
Shovel_Break posted...
Should still be a good show :)

Don't bump your own awful topic.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.