This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo 4 snubbed by Spike's VGAs, does not get nominated for Game of the Year

#81DerekRossPosted 11/15/2012 5:54:10 PM
So a flash game that should be free like the Journey could be GoTY? lol
#82lordsofshadowPosted 11/15/2012 6:01:43 PM
So they're accurate then .
#83Rpgsrock213Posted 11/15/2012 6:06:13 PM
I'm not an expert on award shows and the like, but in order to be nominated for something like that, doesn't it have to be out for more then just a week?

Or do the VGA's have their own special rules?
---
3DS FC: 4339-2483-1760,
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 2795-8481-7961
#84SunDevil77Posted 11/15/2012 6:07:37 PM
TheArcade posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Alamyst_ posted...
Halo 4 is a rehashed joke. The game is awful.

trolololol

Hey Sun! How much you wanna bet he ain't even play the game.

Quite a bit of cash!
Hell, he probably hasn't even played Reach. Or CE.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#85swatkiller546Posted 11/15/2012 6:09:27 PM
The reason why halo 4 didn't get a GOTY nomination is because the story for one was mediocre at best, there wasn't any spanaz, nothing really memorable, and it was just borning.. The only good part was the multiplayer..The walking dead should win goty because the story is actually good, with good character development, and overall well-written.. and that's why it should definitely win
---
GT: Swatkiller546
I'm urglerlin all over the place!"
#86Pacman2dxPosted 11/15/2012 6:13:24 PM
I find it odd they wouldn't nominate Halo 4 for GOTY, yet they have 343 nominated for Best Studio? Oh well, it's just the VGA's ..
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Lonely is a freedom that breathes easy and weightless ..
#87HENTAIDOJIPosted 11/15/2012 6:14:54 PM
Too bad VGA's is a popularity contest for awards and Journey was the least popular game this year. ACIII is going to win.

IGN however...well they're based on highest scoring game and i'm rusty on the math.

Is Halo 4's 9.8 greater than Little Big Planet Karting's 5.0?
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#88ebullientprismPosted 11/15/2012 6:24:49 PM
TC mad that BLOPS 2 is causing PS3's to shut down.....from shame.
---
Put this in your sig if you agree - "probably because mw2 felt like a real sequel and uncharted 2 was more of an expansion pack"
#89CyricsServantPosted 11/15/2012 6:30:22 PM
TheArcade posted...
CyricsServant posted...
TheArcade posted...
Who cares it outsold Uncharted 3 in one day, BURN!!!

Anyone who conveys a games success through Spike TV is nothing more than sheep. Spike VGA awards stopped being about games a long time ago, it's turned into a hub for celebrities, just ask Angry Joe.

Stopped? For their first show didn't they give Madden both Sports GotY and overall GotY? With games like Dishonored, Journey, and The Walking Dead making the list, I'd say that's a pretty damn good lineup. Those are games most casual gamers haven't even heard of, but the each have a great reputation. I haven't played any of them myself and my personal GotY wasn't mentioned either (i.e. Asura's Wrath), but I think it's a pretty good list overall when you consider spots are limited.

I guess if I had to vote it'd be for ME3 . . . but that ending . . . bleh.

Wanna see how bad Spike VGA awards really is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmsUk9nmIuc

Perhaps the games they nominated were I dunno hardcore? May be not regardless of whether or not they're good, I can't be bothered to deal with the socially awkwardness of this gaming mockery.

Lol, yeah, Spike VGA is a complete joke and it shouldn't be watched.

I just think you can't go downhill when you start at rock bottom. That, and the list actually looks pretty good even if my personal favorites (minus ME3) didn't make the cut.

Anyway, I won't be watching the SVGAs, but I do hope we get a few funny Youtube videos out of it.
#90nap_timePosted 11/15/2012 6:32:58 PM
I don't care who's nominated. I don't care who wins.

The Spike VGA's are just a fun show to watch for an hour or so.
It doesn't really mean anything for me. I just like seeing people getting some recognition. Even if it's not who i'd personally pick.