This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo 4 snubbed by Spike's VGAs, does not get nominated for Game of the Year

#91CyricsServantPosted 11/15/2012 7:33:18 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Too bad VGA's is a popularity contest for awards and Journey was the least popular game this year. ACIII is going to win.

IGN however...well they're based on highest scoring game and i'm rusty on the math.

Is Halo 4's 9.8 greater than Little Big Planet Karting's 5.0?

Irrelevant, as neither game was made by EA and therefore neither one will win IGN's GotY award.
#92thedivineslaserPosted 11/15/2012 7:45:24 PM
I'm glad it didn't make the list. Halo 4 is so similar to previous games.
---
<3 Mit allem dein Herz <3
Sheath your e-wangs, we are friends here.
#93AtomicPenguin76Posted 11/15/2012 7:59:52 PM
TheArcade posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Alamyst_ posted...
Halo 4 is a rehashed joke. The game is awful.

trolololol

Hey Sun! How much you wanna bet he ain't even play the game.

I have and he's right. I've only played the campaign though, which is a mind-numbing throwback to the old Halo games with nothing positive to add about it.

Loved Reach enough that I would have been fine with a rehash of that, instead it's just a rush from one corridor killbox to the next with no point.
#94art_of_the_killPosted 11/15/2012 8:15:40 PM
The VGAs are worth watching for all the new game announcements/new trailers/gameplay footage, etc. It's almost like a second E3.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#95link0316Posted 11/15/2012 8:34:02 PM
I have never played a halo game, but spike tvs award show is a joke anyway.
---
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2
#96chrieePosted 11/15/2012 8:43:53 PM
Well it's not like Halo 4 is exactly GOTY material...
---
Treachery is the inevitable result of all affairs.
#97rofflchopperPosted 11/15/2012 9:02:27 PM
Spike's VGA's have been a joke for a while...

I think the only reason most people watch it is for trailers/announcements.

I'm kind of surprised Borderlands 2 wasn't on the list either.... Despite what you think of either, they were both huge games this year.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#98YoungGganonPosted 11/15/2012 9:03:23 PM
Spike awards are garbage anyways, why would you care? If I recall Halo 4 was nominated for some awards. Besides the only thing better about this Halo compared to the rest of them is the story.

The Spike awards are so out of tune of gaming culture and stick to the mainstream games, I'm surprised Dishonored and ME3 even got up there. I expected it to be riddled with 8 different FPS games.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#99shagadelicPosted 11/15/2012 9:14:35 PM
SoF-Rambo posted...
DXiRoNMaN posted...
shagadelic posted...
The awards show that gave some UFC game "fighting game of the year" over Street Fighter IV?

i bet it had nothing to do with Spike's deal with UFC

I bet it has nothing to do with the fact that SFIV is the same damn game as every version of SF3, 2, and 1 combined.

It's so cute when people who know jack **** about something try and weigh in with their uninformed opinions. SFIV plays like SF1? Really, that's what you're going with?
#100Robin_MaskPosted 11/15/2012 9:19:03 PM
SoF-Rambo posted...
DXiRoNMaN posted...
shagadelic posted...
The awards show that gave some UFC game "fighting game of the year" over Street Fighter IV?

i bet it had nothing to do with Spike's deal with UFC

I bet it has nothing to do with the fact that SFIV is the same damn game as every version of SF3, 2, and 1 combined.

lol

You clearly have no idea on fighting games.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world