This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The ps3 has sold as much as the 360 when the 360 had a year head start?

#121InfamousChrisPosted 11/16/2012 12:53:43 PM
The amount of delusional, butthurt PS3 fanboys makes me giggle.

Sony releases shipped numbers a few days before black friday, in which weeks before they shipped MILLIONS of PS3's for BF and the holidays which is the biggest time of year for sales.

and yet... desperate fanboys are using that channel stuffed number in comparison with numbers MS released over a MONTH ago? How is that even fair?

I can't wait for the holiday numbers to be in. Just like every year, MS slaughers - yes, slaughters, don't be butthurt - the competition during BF and Christmas. In fact, this is where their biggest dividend for the year derives from. And this year you have Halo 4, and even BO2 which will push friends of 360 owners to want to get one or to ask their parents for one. Not to mention the first temporary pricecut MS offered in like 3 years.

And LOL @ the bias poster talking about multiple genres and experiences and then mentioning Journey. XBLA is renown for it's extremely high rated and various genres of AAA games, but arcade exclusives never matter unless it's on PSN, right?
---
Craw so hard mother****ers wanna fry me... that fish cray
#122dj___rollPosted 11/16/2012 12:55:53 PM
Quote:IKnowGameFu posted...
jessica73 posted...
shipped =/= sold, though with japan being pretty much nonexistent it'll happen eventually

But Microsoft reports their numbers the same way don't they?

Sony has been covering up the Vita's abysmal sales by combining it with the PSP's, likewise with PS2 and PS3.

@Fenriswolf
You didn't answer his question. You brought up an unrelated item that's not even real. There's a sales topic every week that shows how much the Vita sold in Japan individually from the PSP. There are additional troll topics making sure to show how 'surprised' they are its selling that low. The only combination of Vita/PSP are from their initial and revised sales goals. If the sales of PS2 and PS3 were ever combined it was to show how much the entire PS family has sold.

Thanks for posting false/incomplete information though.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#123EvilTrashPosted 11/16/2012 1:12:12 PM
EvilTrash posted...
MinunSS posted...
You guys suck at math.

The PS3 has almost caught up to the 360. They haven't caught up yet.

Since there are only 2 current-gen systems, neither of them is in "3rd place".

You don't know if it's caught up yet, if it's still catching up, or if it's surpassed it.

All you know, and all we or any of us know, is that as of September 30, 2012 the Xbox 360 was at 70.0 million, and as of October 31, 2012, the PS3 was at 70.2 million.

The PS3 is reportedly higher, but the report is one month fresher for PS3. Now, if the 360 sold over 200k in October 2012, then the PS3 still has a little bit of catching up to do. We may never know, because the fiscal calendars don't like up. The safest thing to assume is that they're essentially, for all intents and purposes, even.

Looks like I was wrong, actually.

Fiscal quarter for Sony also ended September 30.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/12q2_sonypre.pdf

So apparently, it's a fact that the PS3 has out-shipped the 360 now.
#124EvilTrashPosted 11/16/2012 1:14:51 PM
ROFLd posted...

Sony releases shipped numbers a few days before black friday, in which weeks before they shipped MILLIONS of PS3's for BF and the holidays which is the biggest time of year for sales.

and yet... desperate fanboys are using that channel stuffed number in comparison with numbers MS released over a MONTH ago? How is that even fair?

I can't wait for the holiday numbers to be in. Just like every year, MS slaughers - yes, slaughters, don't be butthurt - the competition during BF and Christmas. In fact, this is where their biggest dividend for the year derives from. And this year you have Halo 4, and even BO2 which will push friends of 360 owners to want to get one or to ask their parents for one. Not to mention the first temporary pricecut MS offered in like 3 years.

And LOL @ the bias poster talking about multiple genres and experiences and then mentioning Journey. XBLA is renown for it's extremely high rated and various genres of AAA games, but arcade exclusives never matter unless it's on PSN, right?

The day the numbers were released is irrelevant, they are both reports on the status as of the exact same date: September 30, 2012.

That's the date of the ending of the fiscal quarter reported here for both companies.

So as of the exact same day, the PS3 had shipped 70.2 million, and the Xbox 360 had shipped 70.0 million.

Both companies are talking about shipped numbers, and you honestly don't think that Microsoft stuffs the channel for the holidays as well?
#125ManuKesnaPosted 11/16/2012 1:19:39 PM
lolfanboys
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#126lDPlPosted 11/16/2012 1:31:02 PM
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/10/giantreggieface.jpg
---
Mmm, this jerked chicken is good. I think I'll have Fry's lower horn jerked.
It's used to it! Woooo!
#127art_of_the_killPosted 11/16/2012 1:36:58 PM
ROFLd posted...

You're still doing this? For crying out loud, grow up already.

And I will be very surprised if the Wii U isn't the top selling console this holiday.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#128DaMan1900Posted 11/16/2012 2:52:42 PM
pacmanreborn88 posted...
DaMan1900 posted...
VOLTBREAKER posted...
what is funny about that is that sony started to make on the ps3 6 months sooner then ms on the 360... look it up im to lazy to find you links at this point seeing as this is the millionth time i have had to correct ppl.

Nope. Microsofts first profits this gen happened in the Halo 3 quarter ( 1st July 2007-September 30th 2007) - Between 19-21 months after launch.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14921/The-Halo-3-Effect-Xbox-Division-Now-Profitable/

Sonys first started making money on PS3 by their own admission in June 2010 - 42 months after launch.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony-ps3-now-profitable/

Such things are immaterial now though, the PS3 game division made a $billion loss again last year. Microsofts EDD, did not.

not talking about the same thing here. what im referring to is making money off of the consoles not there respective gaming divisions in general.

sony started to make money on each console sold 6 months before MS on the 360

but who cares, as long as all three remain in the race to give each other competition we win :D

found no such thing. stop lyin

not lying its the truth for whatever reason i cant the articles any longer...but if someone here knows how to find someones old posts they will find one i made a few months ago where i produced the evidence.

the reason i remember is someone started crap and said i didnt know how to read blah blah blah when in reality his blind fanboyism i guess did not let him see i was right. at any rate if someone can find on google what im talking about or my old post awesome and if not i dont care if you believe me or not i can say with 100% guarantee that this is the truth.
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#129Deathx113Posted 11/16/2012 3:00:47 PM
Kiutsu posted...
Anyone who buys a console from day 1 is an idiot. Not only might there be a price drop later or better bundles but hardware problems will also be fixed. Day 1 consoles always had hardware problems.

No, anyone who thinks someone who buys a a console day 1 is an idiot, is an idiot.

So, like, if NOBODY bought the system day 1, what do you think would happen? What if nobody bought the system till it price dropped? Well, it'd never price drop, it'd be dead, or if it did price drop the dev. of the console would most likely give it up/die.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#130ebullientprismPosted 11/16/2012 3:24:09 PM
Looks like I was wrong, actually.

Fiscal quarter for Sony also ended September 30.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/12q2_sonypre.pdf

So apparently, it's a fact that the PS3 has out-shipped the 360 now.

Incorrect. Sony never reported exact figures in the report you linked to, they combined it with the PS2...and they never reported this 70 million figure back when that report was released.

You're still doing this? For crying out loud, grow up already.

Actually he has a point, it's taken to the mid-point of this quarter for the PS3 to catch up in shipments. Historically if we do the same for Xbox 360, that means MS has shipped about 74.1 million Xbox 360s as of today too. Which means the gap has increased from 2.8 million in January 2012 to 3.9 million.

And I will be very surprised if the Wii U isn't the top selling console this holiday.

Then prepare to be amazed..

Even knocking 1.5 million of 360s shipments last holiday quarter, it's still 20% larger then Nintendos allocation of Wii U's for the next 6 months!
---
Put this in your sig if you agree - "probably because mw2 felt like a real sequel and uncharted 2 was more of an expansion pack"