This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The ps3 has sold as much as the 360 when the 360 had a year head start?

#31triple sPosted 11/16/2012 5:36:16 AM
oasisbeyond posted...
Japan...

^^^Very true.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#32triple sPosted 11/16/2012 5:39:40 AM
Kiutsu posted...
Anyone who buys a console from day 1 is an idiot. Not only might there be a price drop later or better bundles but hardware problems will also be fixed. Day 1 consoles always had hardware problems.

Yes, because lets have everyone wait on a price drop and that price drop will be because it's own clearance....

I bought the 360 on day one and loved it even though there was a faulty launch. I like moving forward in technology and without the early boomers, a product is going to fail.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#33MinunSSPosted 11/16/2012 5:40:10 AM
You guys suck at math.

The PS3 has almost caught up to the 360. They haven't caught up yet.

Since there are only 2 current-gen systems, neither of them is in "3rd place".
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
#34DarkSymbiotePosted 11/16/2012 5:43:24 AM
triple s posted...
Kiutsu posted...
Anyone who buys a console from day 1 is an idiot. Not only might there be a price drop later or better bundles but hardware problems will also be fixed. Day 1 consoles always had hardware problems.

Yes, because lets have everyone wait on a price drop and that price drop will be because it's own clearance....

I bought the 360 on day one and loved it even though there was a faulty launch. I like moving forward in technology and without the early boomers, a product is going to fail.

True. I don't get how people like Kiutsu don't understand.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#35FenriswolfPosted 11/16/2012 5:45:34 AM(edited)
xSylpheed posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Raven-Z posted...
360 kinda sucks now tbh. There's nothing to look forward to after Halo 4 except Gears Judgement. PS+ poops all over Live Gold too.

As opposed to Sony whose only show this year was LBP Karting, PS All Stars and Wonderbook? And LOL are paying for a glorified rental service and "discounts".

Journey
Starhawk
Twisted Metal
Tales of Graces F

Just off the top of my head, all great exclusives released that you ignored in a variety of genres. I'm sure the 360 wishes it had that - variety in exclusives. Imagine the fun.

Of course, the 360 had good exclusives too, although Journey is the highest rated game of this year.

Starhawk - 77 Metacritic rating
Twisted Metal - 76 Metacritic rating
Tales of Graces F - 77 Metacritic rating

What you listed are some mid tier games that most people wouldn't give a damn about if they weren't exclusive. And if you're going to include downloadable games like Journey, then I should point out XBLA absolutely slaughters PSN, with several highly rated games like Fez, Trials Evolution, Spelunky, and Mark of the Ninja as opposed to PSN's one game.
---
Hello
#36-Damien-Posted 11/16/2012 5:48:45 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
-Damien- posted...
In some region, in Europe, 360 actually had 18 months of a head start, it still got clobbered by PS3 there

I don't know what the hell you're on about.

The 360 launched on Dec 2 2005 in Western Europe, Nov 3 2006 in Poland, and Feb 10 2007 in Russia.

The PS3 launched on Mar 16 2007 in UK, 23 Mar 2007 in most of Europe, and 20 Apr 2007 in Russia.

Where did you pull the 18 month claim from again?

ok, 16 months head start, close enough
#37YamaguxhiPosted 11/16/2012 5:51:10 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
Raven-Z posted...
360 kinda sucks now tbh. There's nothing to look forward to after Halo 4 except Gears Judgement. PS+ poops all over Live Gold too.

As opposed to Sony whose only show this year was LBP Karting, PS All Stars and Wonderbook? And LOL are paying for a glorified rental service and "discounts".

Yes the ps+ offers games for free that most people already own. Lol
---
No more Tom foolerey
#38xSylpheedPosted 11/16/2012 6:10:29 AM(edited)
Fenriswolf posted...
xSylpheed posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Raven-Z posted...

Journey
Starhawk
Twisted Metal
Tales of Graces F

Just off the top of my head, all great exclusives released that you ignored in a variety of genres. I'm sure the 360 wishes it had that - variety in exclusives. Imagine the fun.

Of course, the 360 had good exclusives too, although Journey is the highest rated game of this year.

Starhawk - 77 Metacritic rating
Twisted Metal - 76 Metacritic rating
Tales of Graces F - 77 Metacritic rating

What you listed are some mid tier games that most people wouldn't give a damn about if they weren't exclusive. And if you're going to include downloadable games like Journey, then I should point out XBLA absolutely slaughters PSN, with several highly rated games like Fez, Trials Evolution, Spelunky, and Mark of the Ninja as opposed to PSN's one game.

"Most people" wouldn't care about Twisted Metal? The most popular series in its genre? Okay. This game had issues, but it has already made profit because they had realistic expectations.

Tales of Graces F is a niche title, but it is still popular among its fanbase. People who like JRPGs. Its rating is not indicative of the quality of the title - it has arguably the best battle system of any JRPG ever, and lacks in story. Considering JRPGs consistently get lower ratings than other types of games, it is not a surprise.

You don't need to be full of blockbusters to have good exclusives - of which the PS3's library is significantly better, even with just as weak of a showing this year. I love your use of the word "slaughter" too; how adolescent. Taking gaming a little too seriously there, champ? Or are you still grieving over the inevitable? Everyone knew the PS3 would pass the 360 eventually, it is a better console. Deal with it and move on - maybe buy one for yourself to enjoy!

How about "destroy" or "demolish" next? Because clearly numbers are not on your side anymore, so we need to think of more action verbs for you to use.
#39pure mind gamesPosted 11/16/2012 6:04:04 AM
Since there are only 2 current-gen systems, neither of them is in "3rd place".

So the Wii is what? chopped liver?
---
Dishonored(Blind) Final Part
http://youtu.be/_A_MFwIEnWM
#40spooky96Posted 11/16/2012 6:06:14 AM
It has sold as much as the 360 because PS3 is better than 360.
---
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h427/speaky961/serious.png