This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The ps3 has sold as much as the 360 when the 360 had a year head start?

#51ZkkPosted 11/16/2012 7:21:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#52FenriswolfPosted 11/16/2012 7:22:12 AM
-Damien- posted...
Zkk posted...
It's because people buy PS3 for its blu-ray capabilities. If anyone cares to find some numbers of the actual GAMES sold, Xbox360 is still far ahead.

that's only in the US.

Worldwide, it's PS3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

Oh really? The best selling multiplatform games like COD sold far more on 360, for instance Modern Warfare 2 sold 12.9 million on 360, 4.8 million on PS3, while Black Ops sold 16.4 million on 360, 3.27 million on PS3.
---
Hello
#53-Damien-Posted 11/16/2012 7:23:20 AM
Zkk posted...
-Damien- posted...
Zkk posted...
It's because people buy PS3 for its blu-ray capabilities. If anyone cares to find some numbers of the actual GAMES sold, Xbox360 is still far ahead.

that's only in the US.

Worldwide, it's PS3

proof?

well that's the only problem, they don't track data as well as in the US.

But you're in denial too, if you don't think PS3 is much stronger in other part of the world, Japan, Asia, Europe. The only part of the world where 360 is winning is the US
#54ZkkPosted 11/16/2012 7:24:25 AM
Ah, I made a stupid post. Let me try a better one:

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2012/Global/

This is the first year that PS3 is beating Xbox360 in sales. It's behind my about 90 million copies right now. Still christmas to come too, so we shall see how PS3 fares. It could be that PS3 is finally pulling ahead... exciting times!
#55xSylpheedPosted 11/16/2012 7:26:01 AM
Zkk posted...

No, this is untrue. The only place the 360 has sold more games is in the US. It has sold slightly more total games because of the focus of gaming this generation appealing more to the US crowd and less to the Japanese crowd - but they're still nearly even in games sold. The PS3 has sold better everywhere but the US.

Fenriswolf posted...
xSylpheed posted...

Opinions, opinions, and more opinions. The only objective measures of "good" exclusives are sales and reviews, and everything else is subjective. Despite what you wish, most people buy consoles for killer apps like Halo, GT, and Mario, not some obscure JRPG. And fact is, XBLA exclusives has far better reviews than PSN exclusives, and even multiplatform ones like Braid, Castle Crashers, and Limbo gained their limelight on XBLA first. So XBLA absolutely slaughters PSN. Deal with it.

Looks like someone is still sad that his console is going to lose :'(. What are you, a stockholder? Stop being such a baby, you're having temper tantrums over a machine being better than the one you bought.

XBLA is significantly older than the PSN, and devs have had two generations working on it. I never said PSN was better than XBLA to begin with, you're a very silly fanboy. I listed the overall (critic + user average) highest rated game of this year, and it happened to be a PSN title, and you take that as some kind of attack on XBLA. If only there was a more successful way to keep little kids off of this site.
#56-Damien-Posted 11/16/2012 7:27:00 AM
Zkk posted...
Ah, I made a stupid post. Let me try a better one:

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2012/Global/

This is the first year that PS3 is beating Xbox360 in sales. It's behind my about 90 million copies right now. Still christmas to come too, so we shall see how PS3 fares. It could be that PS3 is finally pulling ahead... exciting times!

lol vgcharts
#57ZkkPosted 11/16/2012 7:28:46 AM
Ah I'm sorry, I suppose a gamefaqs-troll has far more knowledge of video game sales. If you can find counter-proof, then please do. I have no horse in this race, I'd just like the truth.
#58iceman505Posted 11/16/2012 7:31:54 AM
Raven-Z posted...
360 kinda sucks now tbh. There's nothing to look forward to after Halo 4 except Gears Judgement. PS+ poops all over Live Gold too.

A rental service? LMAO!
#59The J0kerPosted 11/16/2012 7:41:30 AM
FFG_Harness posted...
Oh that's cool. Good job to Microsoft and Sony, I'm sure they are both happy with the money they have made.

Considering Sony actually lost several billion dollars on the PS3 I kinda doubt they're happy with the overall financial result of the endeavour.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2s1p5hw.png
#60SS_MetalSonicPosted 11/16/2012 7:45:56 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
xSylpheed posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Raven-Z posted...
360 kinda sucks now tbh. There's nothing to look forward to after Halo 4 except Gears Judgement. PS+ poops all over Live Gold too.

As opposed to Sony whose only show this year was LBP Karting, PS All Stars and Wonderbook? And LOL are paying for a glorified rental service and "discounts".

Journey
Starhawk
Twisted Metal
Tales of Graces F

Just off the top of my head, all great exclusives released that you ignored in a variety of genres. I'm sure the 360 wishes it had that - variety in exclusives. Imagine the fun.

Of course, the 360 had good exclusives too, although Journey is the highest rated game of this year.

Starhawk - 77 Metacritic rating
Twisted Metal - 76 Metacritic rating
Tales of Graces F - 77 Metacritic rating

What you listed are some mid tier games that most people wouldn't give a damn about if they weren't exclusive. And if you're going to include downloadable games like Journey, then I should point out XBLA absolutely slaughters PSN, with several highly rated games like Fez, Trials Evolution, Spelunky, and Mark of the Ninja as opposed to PSN's one game.

sony guys always do this. the game could be utter garbage but since its exclusive its a one up on xbox. they are always on this board naming games that no one likes.

i have had a PS3 for over 2 years now and the exclusive games i own are:

heavenly sword - i finished it. started a second playthrough a while back but stopped playing it.

mlb the show 11- played one game of spring training. one game. mlb 12 came out. and mlb 13 will come soon enough and im still at one spring training game of mlb the show 11.

god of war 3- had this game for almost a year. i got about halfway through and stopped playing it months ago. recently i started a new game. I will beat this game. but it may get backlogged.

killzone 3- i finished the single player. the multi player was just about dead after a mere four months.

i have not played infamous but i might try infamous 2 . other than that , ps3 games; im struggling to find interesting.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Battlefield 3, LIMBO
Forza 4, God of war 3, Bioshock 2, Donkey Kong Country, Halo 4, Skyrim, Fallout : NV