This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The ps3 has sold as much as the 360 when the 360 had a year head start?

#71hyjinx17Posted 11/16/2012 7:33:58 AM
iceman505 posted...
Raven-Z posted...
360 kinda sucks now tbh. There's nothing to look forward to after Halo 4 except Gears Judgement. PS+ poops all over Live Gold too.

A rental service? LMAO!

as apposed to pay money and get nothing service?
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#72a_gon_neePosted 11/16/2012 7:35:26 AM
It also has a whole extra region to pull sales from (Japan).
#73DarkAdonis123Posted 11/16/2012 7:37:16 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
WeaponX1138 posted...
Who cares?

Ps3 fanboys care and 360 fanboys pretend not to care.

This
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#74-Damien-Posted 11/16/2012 7:37:55 AM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
PS3 is still a failure in sales compared to the PS2.

PS2 - 150+million
PS3 - 70 million

While the 360 has doubled and almost tripled the original Xbox sales.

Xbox - 25+ million
Xbox 360 - 70 million

Again who is the real winner?

PS3 contiunes to focus on lots of half ass exclusives where the 360 may get a great exclusive per year, but is extremely polished and score brilliantly.

everything else is a failure compare to PS2; Xbox, GC, Wii, PS1, 360, PS3, ...so what's your point?
#75xSylpheedPosted 11/16/2012 7:38:35 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
Saw this coming, when you have a country with one of the biggest, if not the biggest, gaming populous in the world and they almost unanimously snub one console in favor of another, it's bound to happen. I'd like to see just the US and UK numbers. Though i have both systems so glad they're both doing well

As if nationalism doesn't exist in favor of the 360. The 360 is only in this race because of its huge lead in the US - how is it fair to exclude Japan but include the US?

The PS3 sells better than the 360 everywhere but the US.
#76TheArcadePosted 11/16/2012 7:51:02 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
xSylpheed posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Raven-Z posted...
360 kinda sucks now tbh. There's nothing to look forward to after Halo 4 except Gears Judgement. PS+ poops all over Live Gold too.

As opposed to Sony whose only show this year was LBP Karting, PS All Stars and Wonderbook? And LOL are paying for a glorified rental service and "discounts".

Journey
Starhawk
Twisted Metal
Tales of Graces F

Just off the top of my head, all great exclusives released that you ignored in a variety of genres. I'm sure the 360 wishes it had that - variety in exclusives. Imagine the fun.

Of course, the 360 had good exclusives too, although Journey is the highest rated game of this year.

Starhawk - 77 Metacritic rating
Twisted Metal - 76 Metacritic rating
Tales of Graces F - 77 Metacritic rating

What you listed are some mid tier games that most people wouldn't give a damn about if they weren't exclusive. And if you're going to include downloadable games like Journey, then I should point out XBLA absolutely slaughters PSN, with several highly rated games like Fez, Trials Evolution, Spelunky, and Mark of the Ninja as opposed to PSN's one game.

Gotta love these Sony guys who come over here and tell us what to play. Nobody I talked to knows what Starhawk is; not sure on Journey but I was unaware Tales was so bad it received a 77 from the critic, ouch!

I heart Twisted Metal series but as a fan I'm disappointed in Twisted Metal PS3. Based off what I heard it isn't good. My friend bought it, he's a huge TM fan as well. He warned me that if I bought a PS3 I should stay away from that game.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#77lDPlPosted 11/16/2012 7:52:08 AM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
PS3 is still a failure in sales compared to the PS2.

PS2 - 150+million
PS3 - 70 million

While the 360 has doubled and almost tripled the original Xbox sales.

Xbox - 25+ million
Xbox 360 - 70 million

Again who is the real winner?

Nintendo is.
---
Mmm, this jerked chicken is good. I think I'll have Fry's lower horn jerked.
It's used to it! Woooo!
#78xSylpheedPosted 11/16/2012 7:56:35 AM(edited)
Yeah, I'm a Sony guy. Has posted on both the 360 and PS3 forum on and off for years, but because I argue with silly fanboys I am a Sony guy!

Tales of Graces F got 77 from critics, and 88 from GameFAQs users. Clearly the people who like JRPGs were extremely fond of the game, and for good reason. The general consensus in the RPG community is that it has the best action oriented battle system in the genre.

But because critics don't like JRPGs it should be avoided. Vesperia got a 79 from Metacritic and everyone you talk to on the 360 boards loves it. And it's worse than Graces F's battle system.
#79VartosPosted 11/16/2012 8:00:49 AM
A console war thread? What is this, 2008?

I swear, GameFAQS is moderated worse than a SEGA MMO. Everyone contributing to this argument is petty, that's it.
#80CapnStankyPosted 11/16/2012 8:04:48 AM
The company that destroyed the competition the last two gens ended up in dead last place this gen and are now the creators of the worst selling gaming handheld in history. LOL Sony.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4