This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The ps3 has sold as much as the 360 when the 360 had a year head start?

#91DarkSymbiotePosted 11/16/2012 8:20:39 AM
ironbru posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
tgoldberg posted...
It doesn't matter if PS3 sold better than 360 or not, because they both got whipped by Wii.

Which itself doesn't matter because it's the Wii.

Nintendo are the only company to make any money from their console this generation. Your only saying that because nintendo are beating pretty much everyone at the moment.

No. Nintendo still made the least amount of money overall.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#92-Damien-Posted 11/16/2012 8:22:04 AM
The J0ker posted...
-Damien- posted...

Nintendo is a failure compared to PS2

Nintendo made more money and sold more systems and games during this generation (Wii/DS) than Sony did during last generation.

including the DS? cheating aren't we?
#93superclockedPosted 11/16/2012 8:22:43 AM
Simple explanantion.. People who got the RROD got a free replacement from MS, no questions asked. People who got the YLOD had to buy a new PS3. Hence the inflated PS3 sales rate...
#94PigfartsPosted 11/16/2012 8:26:28 AM
SadCubsFan posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/16/ps3-sales-hit-70-million-worldwide

im not going to lie. I'm pretty shocked

It's b/c MS and xbox 360 are slowing down and getting ready for the next system. PS3 is still producing a lot of good exclusives.

But Sony may once again be the last in the market for the next gen systems and put themselves at a disadvangtage.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#95The J0kerPosted 11/16/2012 8:31:17 AM
-Damien- posted...
The J0ker posted...
-Damien- posted...

Nintendo is a failure compared to PS2

Nintendo made more money and sold more systems and games during this generation (Wii/DS) than Sony did during last generation.

including the DS? cheating aren't we?

You said "Nintendo is a failure compared to PS2", not "Wii is a failure compared to PS2". Even Wii alone probably beats PS2 in the profitability department, although PS2 was obviously a bigger success in other areas.

DarkSymbiote posted...
No. Nintendo still made the least amount of money overall.

LOL no. Gaming profit only, Nintendo's made BY FAR the most money.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2s1p5hw.png

Comparing entire companies, Microsoft obviously made the most while Sony lost money this gen regardless of whether you're talking gaming only or the company as a whole.
#96Darth_ElusivePosted 11/16/2012 8:37:33 AM
The current generation is coming to an end soon. I think it doesn't matter much who win between PS3 and the 360. Wii U is potentially a threat.

You might laugh because the Wii U is just a current gen console with a tablet controller. But don't underestimate Nintendo's marketing ability. Currently it is trying to steal our HD game and make it their exclusives. Bayonetta is just the beginning. It's part of their strategy to appeal to both hardcore and casual gamers. I certainly do not want to play the sequel of my favorite HD game on an underpowered console.

360 or PS3 owner should just support their own consoles like before and resist Nintendo. The Wii had flooded the market with casual games, luring developers to allocate their resources to make those type of game. We cannot let that happen again.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#97jessica73Posted 11/16/2012 8:41:36 AM
oh that's actually a pretty good impersonation of a buttdevestated 360/ps3 fanboy, i almost thought it was real
---
In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb
#98wvsmc2003Posted 11/16/2012 8:44:09 AM
I own both systems so I don't really care, but if I were to do it all over again I would probably just go with the PS3.

First of all the PS3 has a blu-ray player so right there it is much more desirable to me.

Second of all Xbox live is a ripoff in my opinion. $60 a year to play games over the internet when the PS3 does it for free. $60 a year to watch netflix when the PS3 allows it for free. I already bought the system. Why should I have to continually purchase something to have full access to my system when another system is available that gives me everything without spending so much as another dime?

Third the store system for the 360 is kind of weak. When I want to buy a game or movie or anything in the store I want to know exactly how much I am paying. I don't want to buy 800 points, use 600 of them, and then have a balance remaining that I will probably never use. Right now I have 250 leftover points on my system that have been there for over 2 years. Money not well spent. On the PS3 I can just click a game, use the "add exact amount" function, buy the game, and have no leftover money to spend later. Convenient.

Fourth the exclusive titles for the PS3 is IMO much better than those of the 360. Uncharted, Infamous, Resistance, God of War and more.

Fifth I use the PS3 almost every day for either gaming, blu-ray movies or netflix. I haven't used my 360 in over a month.

In the technology world you have to constantly update or you will be left behind. I believe at the time the 360 was the best system. But Microsoft allowed Sony to catch up and once Sony did MS never improved and as a result they are now falling behind.
---
Not changing this sig until WVU wins a national championship in either football or basketball, hopefully I won't wait long, started 03/18/07
#99FenriswolfPosted 11/16/2012 8:47:38 AM
Third the store system for the 360 is kind of weak. When I want to buy a game or movie or anything in the store I want to know exactly how much I am paying. I don't want to buy 800 points, use 600 of them, and then have a balance remaining that I will probably never use. Right now I have 250 leftover points on my system that have been there for over 2 years. Money not well spent. On the PS3 I can just click a game, use the "add exact amount" function, buy the game, and have no leftover money to spend later. Convenient.

This is no longer true, since MS added the option to use Paypal and credit cards as well.
---
Hello
#100MachineZedPosted 11/16/2012 8:50:23 AM
xSylpheed posted...
hyjinx17 posted...
Saw this coming, when you have a country with one of the biggest, if not the biggest, gaming populous in the world and they almost unanimously snub one console in favor of another, it's bound to happen. I'd like to see just the US and UK numbers. Though i have both systems so glad they're both doing well

As if nationalism doesn't exist in favor of the 360. The 360 is only in this race because of its huge lead in the US - how is it fair to exclude Japan but include the US?

The PS3 sells better than the 360 everywhere but the US.

That is what the market share gets you. Europe is only a few million consoles ahead of North America, when it comes to PS3. Which makes the NA market the second largest market for PS3. While NA is the largest market for the X360. Whereas Japan is the third largest market for both the PS3 and X360.

Actually looking at the numbers, the PS3 is further behind the X360 in NA than the X360 is behind the PS3 in Japan. Heck even going by largest market of both, X360 (NA) is farther ahead of PS3 (Europe), than the X360 is behind in Japan.

So now is your chance to tell me why we should cross off numbers 1 and 2 in total market, in favor of number 3 in both markets.