This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst Achievements Ever

#1TrueFinalePosted 11/16/2012 2:24:31 AM
So recently playing an RPG, it had an achievement to complete the game within 15 hours. Now I read to get this achievement one would have to actually skip pretty much all sidequests and avoidable fight encounters. This achievement so pissed me off that in order to get it one had sacrifice enjoying the game at a leisurely pace.

What achievements have you come across that is just stupid and infuriates you just thinking about it?
---
If everyone's opinion & values are the same, the human world would be 'perfect' and at peace.
~ I need to return some DVDs
#2frater_davidPosted 11/16/2012 2:26:56 AM
That sounds like an achievement aimed at people that have already beaten the game. You know, you don't NEED achievements right? Enjoy the game how you want, you don't need to change how you play just so you get some pointless little score.
#3yattahazePosted 11/16/2012 2:39:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4rttnPosted 11/16/2012 2:47:45 AM
I agree achievements are useless for what they give. I can care less about a number. Though on rare occasions they are actual challenges and fun to do.
Majority of the time it's beat the level/boss or the one kind that annoys me the most

You Completed the Tutorial... I mean seriously, do devs honestly think we are that brain dead. It's that or just plain laziness on their part

Also, achievements have increased the number of games with "collectibles". It seems every game has to also have a hide and seek minigame now just to make a achievement for it.
---
GT: rttnCRAFT
I want Skate 4 NOW!!
#5CaIiber345Posted 11/16/2012 2:52:23 AM
I hate tutorial achievements. I also hate "completed Level" achievements. I didn't achieve anything...I played the game, and that's what happens when you play a game. You complete levels.

Oh, and "watch the credits" achievements.
---
"See Skyrim as have the Nords, since the gods first shaped the world." Hrothmund Wolf-Heart, "Nords of Skyrim"
#6OmegaBladesPosted 11/16/2012 2:52:27 AM
Quake 4: Becoming top ten and #1 on the overall online leaderboards
GRAW: Be #1 on online leaderboards.
---
PSN & XBL Tag: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#7XenobowPosted 11/16/2012 3:16:09 AM
Any Different Difficulty Achievement
---
Lost Odyssey
#8randomweirdoPosted 11/16/2012 3:23:32 AM
I don't mind the ones that are complete a level or beat a boss as long as they aren't the entirely of the achievements. Those can be used to compare progress with friends. As long as no more than half the points are devoted to those, I'm cool with it.

Ones that annoyed me so far are Treasure Trove in Lost Odyssey and Corona, Crown of Mastery in Rise of the Argonauts. Oh man, Corona sucked. You can get it in about 12 hours, but it's very picky and you have to watch your stats very carefully and follow a walkthrough step by step to not miss a thing. Even forgetting to talk to a party member could cause you to miss that one.

I remember seeing a few for Star Ocean: The Last Hope that looked like they'll be annoying the earn.

The one I'm hating the most and still haven't been able to get is actually for a game on Steam. It's a fair achievement and not utter BS, but it's incredibly difficult. It's one that actually really will be an achievement if I ever earn it.

And I'll agree the achievements in Tales of Vesperia suck.
#9Stubbled_PS3Posted 11/16/2012 3:46:19 AM
Any Achievements from Final Fantasy XI or Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
---
360 GT--- Stubbled CRT1
#10stawg007Posted 11/16/2012 4:39:20 AM
Unobtainable achievements, whether they are glitches or servers have been shut down

Multiplayer achievements that force boosting because of a dead online or because the requirements are pretty much impossible in a legit match

Achievements that require to place high/number 1 on leaderboards, so stupid

I hate all these and wish they'd stop