This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst Achievements Ever

#11Astaroth211Posted 11/16/2012 5:42:29 AM
Multiplayer achievements on games with s***ty, tacked on multiplayer which ends up dead in a month.
---
./_\ .('''' ''''|'''' /_\ ..|''') /'''\ ''''|'''' |_|211
/ ....\ _)...|../..... \.|'''\ \_/....|...|....| GT: Astaroth1337
#12lninjasoniclPosted 11/16/2012 6:26:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13d3z1i0bPosted 11/16/2012 6:30:53 AM
Endwar has some bs achievements.
#14VeliconisPosted 11/16/2012 6:31:03 AM
That's an awfully dumb achievement to be pissed off about, TC. It's clearly meant to be done after you initially beat the game.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#15cup_a_soupPosted 11/16/2012 6:39:09 AM
TC, that sounds like it's from Tales of Vesperia, and is generally done in your second or third playthrough, when you can carry over weapons, stats and make the game a million times easier (it's actually not that difficult to do. I beat it in 9 hours without screwing around too much).

You'd be a fool to do an achievement like that in your first playthrough.

The only game I've done that with is GTA4, where you had to beat the story in less than 30 hours, and that's simply because 30 hours is quite a long time that I would rather not waste. That wasn't too hard to achieve either (did it in about 20 hours without skipping cutscenes, I just avoided all the side-missions and kept my phone switched off to avoid dates).
#16YamaguxhiPosted 11/16/2012 7:11:04 AM
Astaroth211 posted...
Multiplayer achievements on games with s***ty, tacked on multiplayer which ends up dead in a month.

^this. I'd even say I don't like achievements tied to multiplayer at all.
---
No more Tom foolerey
#17pure mind gamesPosted 11/16/2012 7:16:40 AM
I'm not one to go out of his way to get Trophies or Achievements but when I get them I feel "prouder" when I get a Trophy, probably due to the sound effect that plays when they pop up it's like:

360: "yeah, ok, here"
PS3: "Celebrate good times, come on"

That's an awfully dumb achievement to be pissed off about, TC. It's clearly meant to be done after you initially beat the game.

But even then, not everyone likes to speedrun even if they've completed the game 40,000 times, I've completed FFX 5 or 6 times, not once has my time been less than 80 hours
---
Dishonored(Blind) Final Part
http://youtu.be/_A_MFwIEnWM
#18Optimus_ConvoyPosted 11/16/2012 7:30:51 AM
I can agree with most listed so far. I'll add fighting game rank wins in a row achievements. All they seem to do is encourage rage quitting/dashboarding.

As for FFXI... While I have most except for a few. Job lv75(brd, whm, pld, smn), Windurst missions complete, CoP dynamis clear. But the most brutal of all that I'm missing is Lv100 craft skill. I've been playing since ps2 N.A. launch and after all these years my highest craft is smithing 98.
---
Best band you've never heard of? GIANT SQUID
#19Grand_BluePosted 11/16/2012 7:34:26 AM
Assassins Creed: collect all 100 flags in the Kingdom

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
#20xMarkPosted 11/16/2012 7:52:24 AM
TrueFinale posted...
So recently playing an RPG, it had an achievement to complete the game within 15 hours. Now I read to get this achievement one would have to actually skip pretty much all sidequests and avoidable fight encounters. This achievement so pissed me off that in order to get it one had sacrifice enjoying the game at a leisurely pace.

What achievements have you come across that is just stupid and infuriates you just thinking about it?

Was it Nier?