This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst Achievements Ever

#51AmrathPosted 11/16/2012 8:32:59 PM
Yeah the 15 hour completion achievement is Nier. Which has a lot of annoying time based achievements.

For me anything that is reflex based or to do with being top of a leaderboard as I always tend to suck at such games.
#52WarchildPosted 11/16/2012 9:07:24 PM
Achievements tied to DLC. Why? I've had 2 or 3 games the I 100% completed the main game, but because they added more achievements, I don't get credit for it. Seems like a minor complaint, I agree, but it rubs me the wrong way. And I worked so hard to get 1000 in Resident Evil 5. :/

Honorable mention to Mile High Club. Never has going after a single achievement so pissed me off.
---
I think God is really a 12 year old and we're just his science fair project.
#53AmrathPosted 11/16/2012 9:31:08 PM
I had that happen with Dragon Age most of them are fairly easy apart from the Amgarrak one.
#54cup_a_soupPosted 11/17/2012 12:15:05 AM
DxZ99 posted...
Ninety-Nine Nights: Reach the highest level/ get everyone to level 9... except they forgot to mention you have to also beat the game with every character once they all reach level 9.

I regret farming those levels still till this day. >.<

They also forgot to mention that you had to save each character in different slots, or you would have to start again.

My friend quit the game when he found out the hard way.
#55randomweirdoPosted 11/17/2012 1:17:08 AM
I think I am going to also add achievements that require multiple playthroughs.

I don't mind if stuff is easily missable so much as long as you can go back or obtain it in another way. But stuff that pretty much requires a second playthrough or it's easy to permanently miss something without a walkthrough is annoying.

And Eternal Sonata's second playthrough sucks. Yeah, you get to carry over your party level, but in exchange the enemies are a heck of a lot harder and it's turned the game into a grindfest that isn't fun at all. Harmony chains aren't making up for the fact that I'm getting my butt kicked badly by normal monsters and not even underleveled. But if you want the vast majority of the achievements you can only get them on the second playthrough.
#562ndAtomiskPosted 11/17/2012 1:46:39 AM
Obtain every battle trophy in Star Ocean 4. No way am I ever trying something like that. Some of those were way too specific. They'd have something like "Kill a poisoned enemy while he's down with his feet towards you with an attack that uses your right foot and deal exactly 6543 damage."
---
Virtua Fighter 5 FS out on PSN/XBL!!
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R confirmed for PSN/XBL
#57Dagoth_WitPosted 11/17/2012 6:09:05 AM
iammaxhailme posted...
Ones for spending 10x longer than the game's actual length searching for stupid items (or spending a few hours just using a guide online)

I'm looking at your, Arkham City/Asylum

But those were fun and didn't take that long.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#58Deathx113Posted 11/17/2012 6:17:16 AM
It is a stupid achievement, I agree TC.

BUT, you don't NEED the achievement, you have no one to blame but yourself if you ruin the experience by chasing after them.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#59Vyse_skiesPosted 11/17/2012 6:19:59 AM
Ah, too many to mention. For the whole, Achievements are kinda pants and actually destroy most games then improve them.

- Become world no.1. (Gwar)
- Multiplayer achievements that force you to get gold. (Too Many)
- Online achievements on games no one are playing any more. (Too Many)
- Complete said chapter / boss achievements (Enchanted Arms)
- Fetch quests put in just so they can add an achievement. (Many games)
- Collect open all treasure chests, collect all items, collect so a certain amount of gold (Many RPGS)
- Difficulty achievements (Many Games - The ones in Alan Wake and Res Evil 5 are ridiculous)
- Spam attacks achievements (Avatar)
- Play for (insert time) amount of hours. (I noticed this on Dead or Alive 4)
- Beat a game more than once (Multiple games)

I'm sure there are more.

I like little challenges with the achievements, like in Left 4 Dead - they do good achievements, like taking down a particular enemy in a certain fashion. These were pretty cool to get.
---
My ignore list is exclusive to trolls only. I should warn you though, it's crowded and the trolls imprisoned within are mean, anti-social and well... ignored.
#60EnigmaGamerPosted 11/17/2012 6:21:50 AM
It was 15 hours for Tales of Vesperia also.

But in that game, it's pretty much meant that you transfer a bunch of powerful equipment and bonuses to Ex New Game and then just go through everything quickly. I'm not even sure if it'd be possible to do it in 15 hours from a fresh file regardless of difficulty chosen.
---
Currently Playing:Various JRPGs, Various Shmups, Halo : Reach, and some other games. Because I'm too lazy to ever update this.