This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With Wii U selling at $350 I feel pasamastic on Xbox 720 pricing?

#31shawnmckPosted 11/19/2012 7:50:08 PM
What does it matter if the XB 720 (or whatever it ends up being called) launches for $300, $400, or even $500...?
All you have to do is wait for the price drop that you feel comfortable with.
The XB 360 is now literally half what is used to cost @ launch. Same with the PS3.

I didn't get any consoles during launch this gen, but waited a year or more for a price drop that I was comfortable with.
Most people do the same thing.
#32JimmyFraskaPosted 11/19/2012 7:58:19 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
KevoCSCS posted...
If the the Xbox 720 is going to be 600 dollars then I think it's graphics should be comparable to a high end PC.

It won't be of course. But it should be at about an entry level gaming class PC.

I guarantee it will out perform most gaming PCs for at least the first year of its existence.

That's what the 360 did, and I expect this to be a similar exponential jump.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/569088-dragonworld
Dragonworld - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Social and Roleplay Board
#33kinglink13Posted 11/19/2012 8:23:05 PM
kyleh614 posted...
The Wii U is just a glorified, slightly more powerful Xbox 360. The next generation system is rumored to be many times more powerful. The price to performance ratio will be good. You can't really compare the two systems.

It's a good thing the Wii U has better GPU and 4x the ram, and a GPGPU, and if your talking about the slower ram that's why the huge amount of eDram will help it, yet people will say what they want to believe so they will keep talking of course, and the rumored specs of the PS4/720 aren't many times more powerful then you think.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#34mophisusPosted 11/19/2012 8:30:47 PM
the tablet controller is a huge part of the wii u cost..

the new xbox probably wont launch with a tablet
---
"The side effect of education should not be death by boredom and mediocrity"
#35coldisgoodPosted 11/19/2012 8:53:59 PM
JoeyFNK posted...
I think you need to stay in school.

---
M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliever a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth
#36mophisusPosted 11/19/2012 9:16:22 PM
JimmyFraska posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
KevoCSCS posted...
If the the Xbox 720 is going to be 600 dollars then I think it's graphics should be comparable to a high end PC.

It won't be of course. But it should be at about an entry level gaming class PC.

I guarantee it will out perform most gaming PCs for at least the first year of its existence.

That's what the 360 did, and I expect this to be a similar exponential jump.

it didnt really... gaming pcs could run crysis at its settings (albeit not great)... the xbox had to have crysis massively scaled down to even work on the system..

it will be good, but not as good as a modern gaming system (ie, one built at the same time as the release of the 720)..

the 360 was about as good as a 1.5 year old gaming pc, mostly because it was built using parts equivalent to 1.5 year old pc parts.
---
"The side effect of education should not be death by boredom and mediocrity"
#37oasisbeyondPosted 11/19/2012 9:21:26 PM
^ It's cool, but when 95% of games don't even use the power... The most powerful pc is useless, only nerds get a high out of it. My pc is more powerful then my 360 but it runs games worst, cuzt console games are way better optimized.
#38WinternovaPosted 11/19/2012 9:23:12 PM
I'm still getting a kick out of "pasamastic".
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#39Brock HCTPPosted 11/19/2012 11:18:06 PM
PuffPuffPastor posted...
Does anyone know if it will have that rumored "Used game block"?

If so, I can build a PC that will be better than that for not much more money. Screw the 720. And no I'm not being a PC elitist. I dont even have one.

so... you would rather have to deal with **** DRM on PC than a used game block? What the hell is the difference? Either way you are getting screwed. I don't buy used games first off, and I like to actually own my games unlike on PC where I'm "renting" them from steam or Blizzard.
---
2/8/09: Never Forget
GGaHT guitar FC and Thrasher bass FC
#40JDGFootman1234Posted 11/19/2012 11:19:38 PM
For a moment I thought I was about to learn a new word.
---
I suppose you could never explain to the most ingenious mollusk that such a creature as a whale existed-Emerson